A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,052
Currently Running With Scissors:
673 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I can make that -- so I did. *Now with bunny-lovin' pics on PG 4*  (Read 14298 times)
Tags for this thread: stuffed_animal , stuffie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2009 09:04:14 AM »

I too had to hand sew on the head and add a ribbon!  Cheesy Don't feel bad! You may want to add some glue or a few stitches to keep the ribbon in place during play. I did!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lil_abi
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2009 01:33:15 PM »

Oh, her little contrast tail is too cute!  I don't think she looks "Franken" at all!  Very nice job. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mama to baby twins.  Frantic crafter while they nap!

My blog: http://SLiPsofthetongue.wordpress.com

DH's humorous and often offensive blog: http://mymasonicapron.blogspot.com
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2009 09:00:29 PM »

haha!  Thanks, lil_abi!  She's so cute, it'll be hard to wrap her up and send her to her new home.  The ribbon does a great job of hiding my shoddy stitching...her head is on nice and tight but the seam is a little crooked and a few stitches are visible but nobody will ever know.  mwhahahaha... Tongue thanks again for such a quick and fairly easy project.  I've been trying to work up my nerve to make a poppet.  this has definitely been a confidence builder!

Alwaysinspired, yeah, i put several stitches in the ribbon to keep it in place.  I figured I wanted that sucker to stay put! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2009 07:21:01 AM »

I had to hand-sew my bunnies head on too. Which reminds me I still have a bunny I need to finish! the baby I made it for is probably 6 months old now! lol It's stuffed and everything just need the head attached....
I'm going to share a secret with you. Invisible thread. If you make sure all your knots are on the inside and use small stitches you'd never know it's there. I like the coats and clark stuff from walmart in the thinner thickness. Works great! I use it for poppet clothing too. No need to worry about having the exact right color of thread. Now Once I figure out how to use it on my sewing machine I will be a force to be reckoned with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2009 07:49:34 AM »

I'm going to share a secret with you. Invisible thread. If you make sure all your knots are on the inside and use small stitches you'd never know it's there. I like the coats and clark stuff from walmart in the thinner thickness. Works great!

Thanks!  I am going to pick some up before I start on the poppet.  I wonder why I never thought of it before...I knew it existed. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2009 08:50:20 AM »

I'm going to share a secret with you. Invisible thread. If you make sure all your knots are on the inside and use small stitches you'd never know it's there. I like the coats and clark stuff from walmart in the thinner thickness. Works great!

Thanks!  I am going to pick some up before I start on the poppet.  I wonder why I never thought of it before...I knew it existed. 
no problem! i use it to close up the holes left for turning the parts it works wonders. not to mention when hand stitching something. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftycraftLMK
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2009 11:07:17 AM »

Oh My God. When I was little I had a  stuffed bunny now i have 2 real ones. (Shes sniffing some firewood next to the fireplace, Say Hi Amelia!)  It looks exactly like that though! even the mouth and rump
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Tutu
How to Make a Weight Loss Scrapbook
How to Make a Woven Vase Out of a Soda Bottle
How to Make a Tissue-Box Cover
How to Make a Towel Cake
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...