A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 316,591
Currently Running With Scissors:
419 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I can make that -- so I did. *Now with bunny-lovin' pics on PG 4*  (Read 18235 times)
Tags for this thread: stuffed_animal , stuffie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lnm130
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2008 10:17:25 AM »

Thanks so much for your post! That makes much much more sonse now! So should I hand sew the ears and tail on? Sorry I've got so many questions, lol, makes me feel silly asking how to make a stuffed animal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lil_abi
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2008 01:47:37 PM »

Yes, you should hand-sew the tail and ears on, very securely.

One more thing:  before you attach the head to the body at the neck, you'll need to make sure you've left an opening (unsewn) in the body, so you can turn the thing rightside out.  I usually leave it at the crotch.  You'll also use this hole for stuffing the body/head. 

so, brief directions:

1) cut out all pieces:  2 body, 4 ears, 1 tail, 2 head

2) Sew, right sides together: 2 body (leaving an opening at the crotch and the neck), 2 ears (don't sew up the ends: leave an opening), 2 ears, and 2 head (leave the neck open)

3) turn ears right-side out.  Use a pointy thing (chopstick, pencil) to poke out the tips.  Tuck in/turn in the raw edges, as Eliea suggested. 

4) Sew head and body together matching neck edges.  To do this, turn the head right-side out, then tuck it inside the body.  This way the right sides of the neck will be facing each other.  The seams will not line-up.  The body seams will be on the sides (laterally), and the head seams will be front/back.  Sew.  This is the tricky seam. 

5) Stuff the little guy. 

6) Tack his ears on as you please.

7) sew a gathering stitch (by hand or machine) around the circumference of the tail circle.  Put a dollop of stuffing in the center, and gather around it.  Tack on the tail.

Cool Embellish with eyes and nose. 

lmm130, I'm so pleased you're going to attempt this bunny as your first ever stuffie!  Please keep us posted if you need help and be sure to post final products!  We'll have an army of these bunnies...heh heh. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mama to baby twins.  Frantic crafter while they nap!

My blog: http://SLiPsofthetongue.wordpress.com

DH's humorous and often offensive blog: http://mymasonicapron.blogspot.com
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2008 03:15:10 PM »

This is going to sounds really silly becasue I've made a zillion stuffies over the years. But I was way over complicating the body head bit.
I was sewing the body, then the head. Then turning right side out/stuffing, then sewing the head onto the body.
Yep I'm really feeling silly right now. The next one will go so much faster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lnm130
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2008 05:10:15 PM »

Thanks for the directions! I'm more intimidated by this than purses for some reason! I've got the cutest fabric, I just hope there is enough...I'll be sure to post pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AbbyRose
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2008 02:07:49 PM »

Thanks for the directions! I'm more intimidated by this than purses for some reason! I've got the cutest fabric, I just hope there is enough...I'll be sure to post pictures!

If you don't have enough fabric, you can always scale down the size.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adorable handmade childrens hoodies in stock now!
Wistful Thinking.
I love to DYE Smiley
Handmade cloth diapers, booties, bags and more! www.abbyrosecreations.ca
lil_abi
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2008 07:31:08 PM »

you can always scale down the size.

Caveat sewer: Just be careful the neck doesn't get too small, or you'll be turning the head through a straw-hole!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mama to baby twins.  Frantic crafter while they nap!

My blog: http://SLiPsofthetongue.wordpress.com

DH's humorous and often offensive blog: http://mymasonicapron.blogspot.com
AbbyRose
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2008 07:56:19 AM »

you can always scale down the size.

Caveat sewer: Just be careful the neck doesn't get too small, or you'll be turning the head through a straw-hole!   Wink

Ya, what she said Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adorable handmade childrens hoodies in stock now!
Wistful Thinking.
I love to DYE Smiley
Handmade cloth diapers, booties, bags and more! www.abbyrosecreations.ca
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2008 11:57:27 AM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=281184.0

There is my bunny attempt! Thanks so much for the pattern! I was a bit of a ding bat and hand sewed the head on like Eliea said.  Roll Eyes No biggie though. He turned out great. I so want to make another to keep for myself. Maybe after the holidays!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2008 05:25:36 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=281184.0

There is my bunny attempt! Thanks so much for the pattern! I was a bit of a ding bat and hand sewed the head on like Eliea said.  Roll Eyes No biggie though. He turned out great. I so want to make another to keep for myself. Maybe after the holidays!
He looks perfect! And no worries on the had thing. I've done 3 so far that way and they held up fine. It just would have been sooo much easier to make them the other way had I thought about it. I over-complicate things quite frequently.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
twobluestripes
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2008 10:54:36 PM »

This bunny is perfect! I've been looking for a plushie to make my newborn baby cousin for Christmas, but all the unique and handmade designs that I love (such as sea creatures, stuffed food, inanimate objects with little faces, fancy little birds) might seem a bit weird to my aunt and uncle (they're from Alabama and don't really get a lot of the "indie" type styles). This bunny is just imple and old fashioned enough to be the best of both worlds! I hope that it will be something that she (new baby Carly) grows attached to keeps for a long time. Thank you so much for this patter! I will post pics when it is completed. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...