A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
533 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make me a new friend  (Read 7565 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ShesxCrafty
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008 11:52:30 AM »

Finally! Here are the pictures of my cute little friend, Jolie, that jorylin sent me!
First, the package she sent was SO cute! I just had to take pictures of it!
Front:

Back:

Everyone, meet Jolie and her little dog Jaques! Elle est tres mignon!

Bio:

Prezzie:

Everything was wonderful! I love Jolie and Jaques! Thank you so much jorylin!! Cheesy

« Last Edit: September 24, 2008 06:10:35 AM by ShesxCrafty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008 03:25:50 PM »

cluck.

Here is my wonderful parcel I received from xMisfitMommiex. I got it on Monday but my camera and internet have not been cooperating. I reccomend that none of you ever move to CT. I've spent my whole life in Australia and only ever experienced one power outage. Since i've been here it's been at least once a month. This week we had no water for 3 days, no power for 2, no internet for most of the week.... Anyway enough ranting. Should post before it decides to 'break' again.

INTRODUCING.... *drum roll please*

Ki-Ki!!

Kiki likes strawberries, catching butterflies, dancing, listening to music and shopping. It sounds like we will get along very well!! And i've already promised her a trip to Chicago before Christmas since she wants to travel!

Kiki also came with raspberry lip balm, yummy smelling boby mist and a cute pokemon(?) toy. The kids think it's Bowser from Mario Smiley

Kiki playing

Reading craftster. She's scared the internet is going to stop working at any moment.

thankyou so much xMisfitMommiex. i love her!! although I'm sorry your baby had to part with her.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008 04:50:20 PM by beckashell » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lori-lee
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008 07:54:59 PM »

Name: Gloria Von Grouch
Favorite Saying: "Sucks to be you!"
Favorite colors: red and black
Favorite movie: Harold & Maude
She doesn't talk much
so I can't tell you much more
It's up to you
if you want to know more

This is my pile of goodies.
~a scarf (piled up in the pic. i took one of me wearing it but i look hideous!)
~ 2 lollipops on BONES!!  Grin
~ 2 plastic skulls
~ .....and of course, the wonderful Miss Gloria Von Grouch!

As you can see, she has tattooed arms (and also elbows, thanks to a stitch right there)

She also has leg tattoos and a removable petticoat

It should also be noted that she has super-sexy hair (black with a red fringe and a few longer red streaks framing her face) and an awesome velvet dress, finished with lace on the hem and a cute patchwork bit.

She has settled in well here in Australia. She found my office a little bit overwhelming but seemed a lot happier once we got home and she could llay on my couch perving on Jensen Ackles in an article in 'BLACK- Australian Dark Culture'

I am absolutely, totally, crazily in love with her!!!! I would have been chuffed with anything I received because I think there's something very special about handmade items but Oh Em Gee.... Half Pint did such an INCREDIBLE job! i would like to say A HUGE THANK-YOU TO HALF-PINT FOR BEING MY SWAP PARTNER!!!

Oh, and the bio came in a really funky little envelope and the whole parcel was wrapped in what looks to be really pretty wallpaper of some kind but I don't have pics of them!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008 12:13:28 AM by Lori-lee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

onehtl1ama

Yay I'm a llama again....wait. -Kuzco

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008 07:32:20 AM »

So i received yesturday and goodness me i am in love!
i wanted something to snuggle with because when i signed up for the swap i thought my harry bear (the teddy bear i've had since i can remember) was lost forever. well thankfully my harry bear was recovered and now he has a wonderful friend vee to keep him company huzzah!

picture time:

Vee arrived in her space ship all safe and sound.

finding her new home on my bed quite comfy

look at how long her arms are! quite excellent for snuggle times

her butt is detachable. a cute feature  Cheesy

making friends with harry bear. (she got hungry while they were hugging and started munching on her hand and harry started giggling)

so a bit of background about her:
Vee is from the planet warble. one day she was searching through space to find star shakes which are particularly yummy. her space ship broke and she plummeted to earth to land in Battina's ivy plants. She stayed with Battina for awhile, but her son kept trying to eat Vee's eyes  Sad for her immediate safety she was sent down here. she is 265,000 years old but plans to live many more lifetimes. her favorite color is blue (which is mine as well!) she's a gemini and she is allergic to stoves, corn muffins, and acorns. they don't have legs on planet warble so they have to hop around! adorable.

thank you so much battina! Vee is amazing!!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008 09:33:55 AM by onehtl1ama » THIS ROCKS   Logged

personalblog:
http://onehtl1ama.livejournal.com

personal swap friendly <3

WISTful thinking
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008 03:25:54 PM »

suppose I should RESERVE this space
Yay!! Arthur McFudge arrived today  Grin and I won in the partner lottery  Cheesy
Ok, so first off, WARNING, PIC HEAVY (I like pics, and I want angeltreats to realise I LOVE ARTHUR!!)

the box  Cheesy which for some reason was left in my mailbox by the courier who brought a plastic wrapped package to my door (I got a dragon and phoenix balsa thing that I cant make lmao  Roll Eyes)

"Helper Cat" aka Ceefer, doing what she does best, "helping"

ohh pink  Wink shortly after this pic was taken Ceef attacked the box, we (my other half and I) think its cos everything was slightly scented and Ceef knows perfume=bad lmao

see? shes trying to eat the tissue paper (yes I open the box upside down, shush)

and she did eat some of the box  Roll Eyes you would think I didnt feed her

Meet Arthur McFudge! hes a Norwegian Ridgeback Dragon  Cheesy

heres a better shot of him, isnt the wool awesome? It realy does look like scales

and a blury action shot of Ceefer unraveling my crochet  Roll Eyes she got squirted with the spray for that and glared at me for aaages

glamour shot here people, me in my work clothes  Grin oh and what does everyone think of the hair? I dyed it brown from the brown/auburn it naturally is... the natural stuff was starting to turn ginger  Lips sealed but Ive noticed that the red is starting to shine through the brown  Roll Eyes Ill never win

Arthur warming himself up by the fire

checking out Spunky (aka Princess)

hanging out in my peace lilly (that wont stop growing!!!)

admiring my painting (yup I painted that  Tongue)

and finally looking through my books (double stacked  Roll Eyes I think I should buy another bookcase)

I love Arthur  Kiss thankyou

ohh better not forget this Cheesy its a squished sheep coaster  Tongue how awesome

and heres his bio too peeps, hes hopefully coming to town etc with me today, my Dads ok with my crazyness (he says its cos Im creative and all creative people need straightjackets  Roll Eyes)

Name: Arthur McFudge

Date of birth: 21 January 1925

Species: Norwegian Ridgeback Dragon

Where are you from: London (despite being a Norwegian breed, I was hatched in Hackney, East London

Weather on your planet?  Um, planet London?  Awful, although not quite as bad as it is in the rest of Britain

Allergies? Tomatoes, they make my scales really itchy

What food do you eat? I like people, but eating them gets me into trouble, so I try and steal roast chickens from the various East London street markets when the stallholders arent looking

Fave colour? Purple.  No, yellow.  No, purple.

Likes? Harry Potter, opera (especially Verdi, oh yes), chocolates with soft centres, reality TV

Dislikes? Being short sighted (they dont make glasses that fit round my ears properly), noisy children, wome wearing really strong perfume as it makes me sneeze

Fears? Setting things on fire when I sneeze, as it makes me really unpopular

Issues? (ie are you insecure etc?)  I worry that people wont like me if I accidentally breathe fire on them.  I dont mean it.  Usually.

Hopes and dreams? I would love a small part in an opera, perhaps in the chorus.  Especially if it was in Madame Butterfly, that would be fantastic.

Idol? Luciano Pavarotti

Are you a goodie or a baddie? Im insulted you feel the need to ask, but Im definitely a goodie.

How do you feel about chickens?  See above comment re East London Markets and roast chicken.  If you mean actual living chickens, then I am a big fan.  I had a pet rooster till I sneezed on him and he became a roast chicken

Do you have an accent?  Im from Hackney, innit.  Im a cockney.

Any other useful info?  I would like to travel and see a bit of the world.  Perhaps whoever I live with next could send a few photos of me in my new home to the lady who I used to live with?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008 03:53:57 PM by bubblegum_phoenix » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
RazorBladeSmile
effin' classy.

O.O me and the boy

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008 06:11:57 PM »

I received today!

I loveeee her she is so cute and I am quite impressed with Lindy being a beginner sewer  Grin

First a picture of the goods in the box.

There is a sweet little card, a pamphlet from where she lives, mini scissors,  mini tapes, a cool crayon thingy, a mini deck of cards. I adore wee things... and my favorite parts (besides my new friend) is the bracelet. My wrist is a bit too fat for it but it still works  Cheesy and cute earrings... If you have better pictures of the jewelry please post my picture does it no justice what so ever!

Now if you are still with me...

Sanura  Cheesy she is so adoreable, I love her so much. Thank you!

and for fun taken with my pin cushion I recently received.

Name: Sanura
Date of birth: 08/26/2005
Species: Well I would think that is pretty obvious.
Where are you from: I am from Arizona where it is way too hot for me
Allergies?  I am allergic to jelly
What food do you eat? Peanut butter on apples or crackers or by itself
Fave colour? Pink of course!
Likes? Pink, puppies, toys, kitties, snuggling, makeup
Dislikes? Birds
Fears? Birds and grasshoppers
Issues? I am super sneaky!  I like to hide all over the house and make you look for me!  I am also a practical joker, so you better watch out.
Idol? Dumbo cause he can fly
Are you a goodie or a baddie? A little of both
How do you feel about chickens? They are a little pecky and clucky for my tastes
Do you have an accent? I don't think so

Thank you so much Lindy, you did a wonderful job and I am so glad we were partners, like I said your sewing is awesome! Keep it up and I'll be seeing you on project runway.

Thanks again  Grin
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008 06:10:17 PM by RazorBladeSmile » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I finally made a wist... It's pretty dweeby! http://www.wists.com/p1nkbunn13

Working on my crafty blog! <3
http://randomtwinkles.blogspot.com
angeltreats
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008 04:33:53 AM »

I received today from Bubblegum_Phoenix, and what a brilliant package I got!

I am a huge Elvis fan, and I opened my package to find this.  I actually squeaked, my workmate sitting beside me thought something was wrong!  Please note that as I type this post, I am actually listening to Elvis music and singing along loudly (my poor husband has had to put earphones on to drown out the noise).

Meet Mini Elvis!  Here he is in his very own box.

Here he is outside his box, he was very glad to get out so he could sort out his quiff and shake out his flares.

He came with his very own guitar! 

Here he is playing his guitar. 

Here's the back - look at his cool hairdo.  And his collar. 

Then there's another little box.  What's this?  It looks like a Gameboy.

Oh look - it's Tetris stitch markers!  And crochet ones too - the very thing I needed as I normally use a bit of scrap yarn.  I will be putting these to use this very night. 

Ooh chocolate!  Peanut slab - we don't have that here.  I wish we did, but then I'd probably be twenty stone if we did because it's gorgeous.  There were three bars... but not for long.

All my stuffs.  Including a postcard of where Bubblegum_Phoenix lives and where I have now decided I want to live too, because it looks amazing.

I was so lucky to get such an awesome partner, and I can't believe how right she got everything, I absolutely love it all! 

Mini Elvis has a bio, I've asked Bubblegum_Phoenix to PM it to me so I can post it for you all, it's so funny  Grin  But I know Flowerwitch had something to do with that...  Grin

Edited to add: Here's Mini Elvis' bio, sorry it's taken me a while to add it...

Name: Mini Elvis
Date of birth: Mini Elvis 16/082008, Real Elvis 08/01/1935
Species: Tribute Stuffie
Where are you from?  Graceland! well actually Greymouth, heh
Weather on your planet? Sometimes sunny!!  Sometimes wet!!
Allergies: The washing machine, Tom Jones tribute stuffies, Jazz
What food do you eat? Banana and peanut butter sandwiches!  Yum
Favourite colour: White, black and gold
Likes? Rock and Roll, platinum records, 60s music, shaking my hips (uh huh)
Dislikes? Tom Jones tribute stuffies, Barbie turning me down again
Fears: Stuffie eating dogs, being stuck in a small box with Tom Jones tribute stuffies, having my hair messed up
Issues: Im the mini King of Rock and Roll baby!  I have no issues
Hopes and dreams? To one day have a tribute stuffie of my own and to release my own record
Idol? The King himself Elvis Presley
Are you a goodie or a baddie? Im whatever you want me to be baby! ☺
How do you feel about chickens? They taste pretty good fried and slapped between two bits of bread and slathered with mayo
Do you have an accent? Uh huh, just like the King baby
Any other useful info? Im the mini-King baby!  I just want you to love me tender and let me be your teddy bear, I love to sing and shake my hips, uh huh!  Im asking you baby, dont be cruel cos you can be my good luck charm, Im a hunk of burning love and you can be the devil in disguise, Ive been stung before by a hard headed woman and it made me feel so bad but a fool such as I knows that shes not you, its now or never and I cant help falling in love, my latest flame its the wonder of you that makes me surrender Im all shook up loving you so lets do the jailhouse rock together, uh huh!

Mini Elvis has left the building.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2008 02:55:19 PM by angeltreats » THIS ROCKS   Logged

moawk
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008 11:49:49 AM »

I received from Lillatusen two days ago and now I finally have time to post some pictures Smiley
Meet Frank, the big eyed jellyfish!

Frank, candy Cheesy, yarn, and a cute Winnie the Pooh magnet that unfortunately didn't make into the photo...

Portrait of Frank

Hanging in a tree watching the sunset

Trying to eat my chocolate!!  Angry Bad Frank!!

Trying to eat my mother! Go Frank!  Grin
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008 01:10:08 PM by moawk » THIS ROCKS   Logged
RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2008 03:41:39 AM »

How great!   Henfys and Xylona are very interesting friends.  I know this whole crowd of friends are going to be fun to meet. 

I can't wait to see who we meet next!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008 04:03:50 AM »

Flowerwitch has received so you should be meeting her new friend soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Make Your Pumpkin "Two Faced" to Cast Images
How to Use Leftovers Wisely
How to Make Unique Handmade Gifts
How to Do an Orchid and Cactus Arrangement
How to Make Ice Cream Sundae from Carnations
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...