A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
403 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make me a new friend  (Read 7675 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FlowerWitch
« on: August 21, 2008 09:54:34 AM »

For list of partner and send outs please see other thread!!

Thank you!!

I am a lazy mama hen!!!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008 12:44:36 PM by FlowerWitch » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists ~ http://www.wists.com/flowerwitch

I am collecting pendants of ANYTHING that people make and think eh? and dont want!
FlowerWitch
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008 09:55:03 AM »

Ok, prepare to be jealous!! look what i got! my very own knitting bear!!! Yay!! and a great pair of socks with the name Henry embroidered on them, thank you Retromiad!  Cheesy Bio to follow when i'm not falling asleep!

My bear!!

My socks!

My dog pretending she has a hurty henry too!!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008 02:41:56 PM by FlowerWitch » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists ~ http://www.wists.com/flowerwitch

I am collecting pendants of ANYTHING that people make and think eh? and dont want!
Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008 10:16:29 AM »

This is Xylonia, who has a crush on Data from Star Trek (who doesn't, lol!)
Hopefully you can read the bio, because I'm feeling lazy  Smiley  Isn't she cute?  She has a fear of cats which might be a problem, because my cat is already showing curiosity about her.  Never fear, I shall keep her close to me at the desk!

Peeking out of the back (pink) is the letter, and what lovely paper FlowerWitch has used.  She also made me a swap journal, with my personal icon on it, lol.  I just noticed that now!
Also several laminated Star Trek bits and pieces, not sure what I'll do with those yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something!

Thanks Flowerwitch, it's been fun emailing with you and swapping.  You should be getting your package today as well.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008 04:22:56 AM by Retromiad » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rainbow_Storms
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008 10:39:07 AM »

I recieved yesterday! Here is the bio, followed by lovely pictures from his first home, and then acclimating to his new surroundings!

Name: Henfys - which is only one of many Welsh words for Rainbow according to the internet translation helper, and is pronounced

"han (a as in hard) -vus (u as in bus)"

according to the internet pronunciation of Welsh

Age: hatched a bit ago - long enough me dear ole mum tossed me outa the nest to make me own way in th' world

Date of birth: February 2nd - yeah that is Groundhog's day, which caused me some grief. It makes me a dead on Aquarius which is fitting as I am a bit of an air between the ears kinda guy.

Species: Dragon - though mum is an earth dragon and pappy is a water dragon, and being I am an air sign that sort of got me a bit flustery and hyper so I am a bit of a airhead dragon, er, um, wind dragon I mean. And I mean WIND not GAS.

Where are you from: it's a secret - OK, OK the dark far away reaches of the Welsh mountains where no one can reach without really trying hard, in the deep dark caverns where I NEVER want to return - sorry mum

Weather on your planet? duh - wet, dark - hoping for better in me travelin's

Allergies? vegetables! not really, but sure wish I were!

What food do you eat? prefer red bloody meat, still wiggling if possible...

Fave colour? Pastel Rainbows! Of course! Caught some flak on that'un, o'course, but still - it is good for catchin' a female's eye...

Likes? rain, lunch, travel, breakfast, flying, dinner, girls, squirrel ca-bobs, gold and trinkets, birds on the fly, rainbows, lunch

Dislikes? vegetables   Tongue

Fears? getting water logged

Issues? (ie are you insecure etc?) my name caused me grief with the other young dragons, and having pastel wings and an absentee father didn't help, plus there are the nightmares of getting swallowed alive in a cave because mum liked dark holes in the ground and I just wanted to fly free!

Hopes and dreams? I want to travel and see the world, or at least never live in a hole again!

Idol? ME!
oh wait - you mean someone I like not who I worship...

Are you a goodie or a baddie? I am a good guy, though a bit self centered...

How do you feel about chickens? mmm, tasty

Do you have an accent? duh - Welsh!

Any other useful info? I love glittery stuff and even though I hate dark hole in the ground caves I do want a nice secure place to maintain watch over my treasure - ain't it purty? Keep yer hands to yerself, now!
I like swimming some, but would rather be flying, and while mum was a bit of a stick in the mud (being an earth dragon and all that) I am really fun to be around and the life of the party, even if I do say so myself. Oh - but alcohol is a really bad idea even though I can't resist a bit of the good stuff now and again. Makes me a bit gassy and flamey...

me in the egg right after mum laid me - mum looks tuckered, don' she?

mum giving me some space so I can hatch!

me sticking my nose out on the ledge as a youngin'

me getting ready for flight practice

look mum! no feet!

mum and me getting a bit crowded since I grew fast!

hey - what is that out there?

Me tryin' to catch a squirrel - if I sit real still up here and don't move, since this is where they like having sex, maybe I can get two...

hey - can we go for a ride?   Roll Eyes

I want to go to my new home   Sad

what do you mean I can't go like this?    Angry

what do you mean I have to get in that box!   Shocked

well - treasure WILL help   Smiley

OK - in the box I go   Cheesy

I love ya son, be safe.    Cry Cry

Undecided  Takes after his pappy he does, roaming ways and all...

At his new home-
Meeting his first roommate-

LolaCat says, "....Big Deal."

Julie says "ACK!!!" and runs away.

Finally, resting after a long trip.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008 01:39:08 PM by Rainbow_Storms » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps! Just PM me!

I've recently gotten into blythes; check out my blog about mine here:
http://saffron42.livejournal.com
http://deliagrey.etsy.com
rosiegarden
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008 10:47:43 AM »

Yummy yummy yummy I got love in my tummy...
Actually I think it's just Skittles... I received my package from RhymeswOrange today! It couldn't have come at a more amazing time really. I've just finished my first week at college and it's been great but so tiring! I calculated I've spent 5 hours on trains this week and an hour an a half on buses. And you know people say that if you have a limb amputated you can still feel it? I can still feel the weight of my book bag on my shoulder Cheesy

By the way, this post might be a bit wordy because I'm just so excited about everything I received!

So, on the bus on the way home I rang my mum and she said there's a package for me! And I said 'YAAAAY' because I knew it was this one Wink and she said 'it says a handmade doll, a necklace and candy'. So exciting.

(Photobucket image editting to 'disguise' my address haha)
My college train pass also arrived today (that's the letter that says Shropshire at the top). We paid 195 for it through the college and if we hadn't it would have cost us 902.40 :|

This is what I saw when I opened the box! I absolutely love the glittery paper, even though I've got glitter everywhere now Cheesy
Do I spy Skittles?!

I did, yay! These are the sweets I got. Hershey's kissables, chocolate cow tales and pixy stix (not in the picture). I've never had any of those! Also there's Wonka Nerds! I haven't had any of those in forever. And Skittles! Which taste different from UK Skittles. Oh well, all the Skittles are gone now haha Smiley

This is the necklace I got. It came in a lovely heart tin. I love them both so much! Especially the big fishy bead, it's awesome Cheesy

And the best bit!

:O :O :O! This is Mariana the poppet. Isn't she absolutely STUNNING?! No way am I going to be able to live up to this if I make a poppet! She's so so gorgeous (and according to the letter I received too, she would agree Wink) And her dress is beautiful. She did come with a change of clothes but I'm a bit scared to change them yet in case I hurt her. It's a green dress and a crocheted cardigan. The dresses are both amazingly well made.

Here she is modelling the necklace I got. (I love her little fishy necklace too!) I would be modelling it but I have a just-got-home-from-school face haha.

I will post some more photos maybe tomorrow.

Thankyou so so so much RhymeswOrange. And FlowerWitch, for a brilliant first swap Grin Grin

Edit: Bio!

Name: Mariana, means graceful star of the sea
Date of birth: March 5, 1484, Im a pices
Species: Water Sprite/Naiad
Where are you from:  A small fresh water spring in what is now know as America
Allergies? I dislike a lot of heat, drought and chemicals in the ground water
What food do you eat? I dont really eat, I am immortal and live on the essence of the spring where I come from
Fave colour? Aqua, of course
Likes? I like to play water games in spring and summer.  I sing and chat with my spring is full and feeding the creek after a heavy spring rain.. I hybernate in the winter when my spring freezes.  I like fish, especially playful goldfish.  I enjoy going to visit the aquarium to see all the water and interesting fishes. I enjoy a bit of mischief as we water sprites are known to do and enjoy playing tricks on my people for a good natured laugh.
Dislikes? I dislike too much sun, preferring the cool shade over my spring.
Fears? I fear a drought or some other thing that will cause my spring to dry up for good, because I will die.
Issues? (ie are you insecure etc?)  I fall easily in love with handsome boys that visit my spring and speak kindly to me.  When they find a human girl and fall in love I get very jealous and can be mean to those awful girls for taking away the attentions of my love.
Hopes and dreams? I wish to find a boy that will love me forever and live with me by my spring.
Are you a goodie or a baddie? I am basically good, though I can be mischievous at times and I am known to be downright wicked to rivals for my loves affections.
How do you feel about chickens? Chickens are good, as long as they dont leave waste in my spring, it is a nusance to clean house after they leave.
Do you have an accent? I speak Naiadish and English with a Naiadish accent.  I also know a little early Native American, since that was the first human language I heard.  I pick up languages easily and can mimic people if it suits my pranks.
Any other useful info? I am a true friend, loyal and honest.  I am a good listener, I spend a lot of time near my stream listening to humans sharing their hopes, dreams and sorrows, it sort of comes with the job.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008 02:26:38 AM by rosiegarden » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I wonder what Piglet is doing," thought Pooh,
"I wish I were there to be doing it, too."

Wists

My bookshop - Opening sale, 10% off!
ckchan
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008 10:55:16 AM »

I received my friend from csi_princess today!  Meet my adorable new friend:

Name: Saru
DOB: October 28, 2007
Birthplace: Osaka, Japan
Species: Kawaii Monkey (found only in Japan)
Favorite Foods: Bento, Onigiri, Sushi, Pocky
Fav. Colors: Pink, Aqua, Turquoise, Purple, Lime Green, Yellow
Allergies: Bad Attitudes
Likes: Reading Blogs, Playing with Tarepanda, my curly tail
Dislikes: Falling from the tree, Thunderstorms, Mushrooms
Fears: Growing up and losing my cuteness, Spiders, Snakes
My Idol: Chi Chai Monchan  My favorite Sanrio Character!

Dream: To stay young and always be able to play with my Kawaii friends!!
Chickens?: I have a slight phobia of them...I was pecked when I was younger...before that my tail was actually a bit longer   Embarrassed Poor Saru!!  Bad Chickens!!!

Here's my cute friend:

Here's the presents that csi_princess sent, bamboo knitting sticks and Linkin Park button:

Thank you csi_princess for being a great partner!  Thank you flower_witch for a great swap!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008 07:15:08 PM by ckchan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. "

I'm a roller derby girl! 

Wists: http://www.wists.com/ckchan
My New Blog!!: http://bobango.blogspot.com
lindyv321
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

That is sooo Craftastic!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008 10:59:21 AM »

I received a wonderful new friend from RazorBladeSmile yesterday.  She also included a cute pin cushion, a pattern for making another friend, along with supplies.  I have not taken photos yet though as my grandfather passed away yesterday.  Here is her bio and I will post pics soon.

Name:Olive
Date of birth:10/11/07
Species: Piggylet
Where are you from: I am a Georgia peach. 
Weather on your planet? Humid and crazy weathered, one day it's fall and the next it is the middle of summer.
Allergies? Breakfast meat...
What food do you eat? I love all sort of nummy vegtables and fruits! Strawberries are my favorite, and so are flower buds.
Fave colour? Yellow because it makes me want to do the happy dance.
Likes? prettyful flowers, poprocks, gummiworms...any sort of fruity candy really. I don't like getting dirty and muddy like the other piggies I love taking bubble baths and snuggling.
Dislikes?Thunderstorms, being left outside, being yelled at and being ignored.
Fears? to be forgotten or to have my tail pulled.
Issues? I am pretty even tempered but I have been told I am needy and a bit of a fraidy cat.
Hopes and dreams? I want to proform in the Cirque du Soleil!
Idol? Wilbur, he is a brave pig to hang out with yucky spiders.
Are you a goodie or a baddie? A goodie...*grins*
How do you feel about chickens? They are so mean, they make fun of me for being chubby, but it's okay cause I tell them that one day they will be fried chicken...

I love all the fabric to make little skirts!

Thank you Razor!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008 10:09:38 AM by lindyv321 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008 11:08:20 AM »

OK - I still don't have my bio but I can't stand it anymore and I have to post at least one photo of my new friend!

Rainbow_Storm made me a poly clay dragon! So awesome of her! and she sent me an interesting rock that she glommmed off legitimately traded appropriate goods to her 6 year old cousin, to acquire  Roll Eyes

got the bio - so sweet, er, um, draconic!

Metta is a graceful female dragon of the venustus species.
She is at her happiest when frolicking with other dragons in the forest.

She loves to play hide and seek and race with the birds.

Unfortunately, Metta has not been doing very well lately. She has been droopy and under the weather. I feel that she is very lonely and needs a good owner and a loyal mate.

Metta is not a fire-breathing dragon. Her defenses consist of secreting a caustic substance through her scales, rendering her inedible. Also, she has the ability to sing her enemies to sleep, giving her time to escape.

Metta is a minor dragon, which means she will grow no larger than an eight week old kitten. In part to her diminuative size, she has grown fond of riding around on her owner's shoulders, or on their head.

She is especially fond of late-night snacks; moths are her main preference, but she won't turn down a nice s'more, either.

Metta is a slightly quirky dragon and has the somewhat annoying habit of singing her favourite commerical jingles over and over again.

However, she is also a dragon who loves fiercely, and once you have won her affections, she will never leave your side.

Oh, Metta said that my bio was fine, but she was going to do her own, so here it is.

Name: Metta
Age:  In dragon years- 150. In your silly people years- 3
Date of birth: January 9th
Species: Minor Dragon
Where are you from: From a cave deep in the earth
Weather on your planet? Humid
Allergies? Only to pesky cats
What food do you eat? Insects, mostly, but I also like cheetos, s'mores, pancakes and bananas
Fave colour? Silver and black, like myself.
Are you a goodie or a baddie? I am good, but definitely have a mischievious side.
How do you feel about chickens? I feel somewhat threatened by them, seeing as they are like Godzilla to me.

Some Pictures!

Getting some snacks for the trip

Checking craftster one last time!!

Riding to the post office

Oops, forgot seatbelt. 

Getting into the box- Noo!

A final, reflective pose.

and in our new home - watching out for our travel companion rock:

new friend? or not?

maybe so and maybe no, but I am guarding some treasures anywho!

don't you just love her?

Ronda
Blessings!

if I scratch the dirt a while, I will find a bug to eat - cheep cheep

« Last Edit: August 30, 2008 05:10:42 PM by RondaS » THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
xMisfitMommiex
xMisfitMommiex

Woot Woot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008 11:14:14 AM »

Just recieved from Beckashel! Thank you SOOOOO much, my kids loved Muno And Brobee!!! their little wrists are too small to swear them as cuffs, so I can use them as bottle and sippy cup cozys! lol. thanks again!

« Last Edit: October 09, 2008 02:56:10 PM by xMisfitMommiex » THIS ROCKS   Logged

...wishing my house could just clean itself...
http://wists.com/xmisfitmommyx
http://www.cafemom.com/xmisfitmommiex
FruityLoops
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

... and that's why I don't like cricket

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008 11:43:38 AM »

Whoop whoop I received from Sharpie_Slut today Grin

Check out my new little friend, Old Man Radish

The first thing he did when he'd got over the shock of emerging from his package, was to demand to see how I was treating my vegetables, so he tried to speak with my carrots.  They didn't say much strangely.

But he spotted a tightly packed bag of radishes and was not at all amused  Embarrassed

And here he is posing with Mr Loops, who is also modelling the loverly neck warmer that Sharpie sent me (I had one on my wists Grin)

And a better shot of the neck warmer, which is just the right size for my huge neck Cheesy  And a cool water bottle holder which is going to come in very handy as I never seem to have a big enough bag to fit my drink into!

So far Old Man Radish has been quite polite but also quite bossy, he insists he knows more than me about everything!!!  I'm looking forward to introducing him to my vegetable garden, I'm sure he'll feel at home Smiley Tomorrow he's coming to work with me though, let's see if he knows more about programming... mu ha ha ha.

Thaaaaaanks Sharpie, cool package, yours has been sent out today so hopefully it will be whizzing it's way to you now!!

And you didn't seriously think I was gonna take out the super cool jazz chicken did you??

Edit  Here's his info!

Species: Chinese Radish
Name: Old Man Radish

Story: I was visiting a family member who is big into their garden.  We took a walk and found an old overgrown garden deep in the woods.  There were giant carrots all old and deformed.  Onions the size of my head and weeds that stood taller than I.  We were both amazed that we had never found this place.  Everything made us feel miniature.  She took off to go get everyone else while I just stood there amazed.  I started exploring the garden.  I saw black, hair-like projections growing from the ground.  When I stepped by it, I heard muffled yelling.  I dug the plant up and it came out spitting dirt from it's mouth.  He told me that he had been in the ground longer than I was old.  He was planted when the world was one (Pangea).  Over time all the plants close to him  had withered or evolved to be able to be out of the land.  Now he wanted to see what had become of this place.  I figured he would like to travel a bit from where he originated.  So I'm sending him off to you.  I hope you don't mind he's a bit crabby
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008 01:42:18 PM by FruityLoops » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Free Press Summer Fiction Interactive Application
Jodi Picoult on Writing Between the Lines with Her Daughter
Dr. Drew Ordon on His Book Better in 7
City of Lost Souls Mini Trailer
Dr. Michael Widlanski on His Book Battle for Our Minds
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...