A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
604 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bellydance Swap Round II (Sign ups 8/21/08 - 9/21/08)  (Read 7449 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mikaiyawa

Some things must be believed to be seen. -Einstien

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008 12:11:56 PM »

lemme check my craft budget for the next couple months...

oh I wanna....

Mieka
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance. - Will Durant
Star217
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008 02:39:06 PM »

I want to be involved either way in this wonderful swap, but I feel like I would rather have a more "shallow" sign up period...like maybe end of September-ish, just a week ahead of time, and a longer craft period...especially for a topic of this nature where I may be sewing things...That first week is pretty vital to get to know your partner, pick out projects to create, and to then purchase materials. Then that would only leave 3 weeks...or less...till the send-out date. Starting a sewing project, or a painting, or a doll etc. seems pretty intimidating to me in such a short amount of time, so I might have to make something smaller or send a few days late....and I REALLY don't want to have to do that. I like to be on-time.  Grin I like to make decent sized objects and things with considerable detail.  School just started, and that's also a time-balance concern for me. Just being honest...don't want to ruffle feathers. Lips sealed

I see your point but the purpose of extending the swap is to include a swap newbie who needs feedback before she can join in. Mieljolie can you please let me know via PM if you will sign up for the swap if I hold it open for you? I would hate to keep the swap open and not have you sign up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Unable to leave good enough alone!
My Store
http://stickyfingers.etsy.com

My Blog
http://stickyfingerscrafts.blogspot.com
Saturn
The Ditzy Gypsy

Dance first. Think later.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008 03:14:57 PM »

Ohh! Sorry! I didn't realize how recent her 1st swap had started...the 1st of this month with send-outs on the 27th of Sept...hehe  Cheesy

Maybe perhaps just a longer craft period then? lol...  Wink
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008 03:24:52 PM by Saturn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently in:
WWP Round 29 Lughnasdagh 2011 swap!
Date to send item by: 07-25-11
sorcha.ni
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2008 12:31:37 AM »

I'd like to weigh in with a request for a longer crafting time too - this'll be my first swap, and I want to do it right. (Plus, as I said, I'm out of the country for a week in October, which'll make crafting awkward)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mieljolie
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2008 05:54:33 AM »

...I'm out of the country for a week in October, which'll make crafting awkward)

Phooey, I do my best crafting in the car on the way to other places!  Smiley  Just Joking.  But, I have been known to take my projects everywhere with me.  I've done beading, tabistry, and now knitting in waiting rooms and at places I've worked.  I have no shame.  I'm a craft addict.

I will sign up for this as soon as someone lets me.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sorcha.ni
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2008 06:33:11 AM »

Yes, but I don't think they'll let me take my sewing machine on the airplane.  Wink

I don't think the people sitting next to me would be too happy about it either. Being stuck for 10 hours on a plane is bad enough, without some maniac sitting next to you, muttering curses under her breath and dropping random bits of thread everywhere. Can you imagine the problems glitter could cause to the airplane's air filtration system? Eeep!

I will be crafting when I'm away, but knitting a pair of socks is so much more portable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Star217
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2008 07:43:10 AM »

Okay I extended sign ups to 9/21 and the crafting period is till 10/31. This is good I can go to rakkasah and pick up supplies  Grin
Anywho meil.jolie we will put you down as pending once I recieve your questionaire and if you can't join this swap I will take on the additional person if need be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Unable to leave good enough alone!
My Store
http://stickyfingers.etsy.com

My Blog
http://stickyfingerscrafts.blogspot.com
dragonmama
MILF-y Crafter

Retired Swapper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2008 12:52:57 PM »

Okay I extended sign ups to 9/21 and the crafting period is till 10/31. This is good I can go to rakkasah and pick up supplies  Grin
Anywho meil.jolie we will put you down as pending once I recieve your questionaire and if you can't join this swap I will take on the additional person if need be.

I appreciate the extension! Especially the crafting time. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sandandsilk.wordpress.com

wists.com/dragoneyezed
PaperWings

Flippin right.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008 01:57:43 PM »

Yes I got approved! Weee I love belly dancing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of a thousand is a statistic.
mieljolie
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2008 04:51:21 PM »

Well, I'm almost ready to ship out my other swap within a week or so.  So, as long as my partner from my other swap provides feedback in time, I should be able to participate in this one.  Yay!!  **crosses fingers**
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Anne Canadeo Talks About While My Pretty One Knits
Indigo King Book Trailer
The Secret to Teen Power Book Trailer
Davy Rothbart Reveals His Best Quality
Meet Author Ted Bell
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...