A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,152
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bellydance Swap Round II (Sign ups 8/21/08 - 9/21/08)  (Read 7751 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Saturn
The Ditzy Gypsy

Dance first. Think later.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008 08:43:44 PM »

Just thought I'd post this in here because I've been browsing though it looking for ideas...
I've found this to be a really good resource: http://www.joyofbellydancing.com/costuming.htm...the tassel making guide sounds fun  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently in:
WWP Round 29 Lughnasdagh 2011 swap!
Date to send item by: 07-25-11
Star217
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008 07:15:33 AM »

Ah man, all these great swap ideas!  I'm still tied up in my first swap til Sept 27th.  Sad

Anyone interested in a personal swap.  I make "beer-bellydancing" belts and accessories.  Smiley  (mieljolie.blogspot.com/2008/06/beer-belly-dancing-belts.html)  I make chain/coin belts, too.  I will try to post some pics on my blog.

If no one else minds I can extend the sign up dates until your other swap ends so you can join in the fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Unable to leave good enough alone!
My Store
http://stickyfingers.etsy.com

My Blog
http://stickyfingerscrafts.blogspot.com
dragonmama
MILF-y Crafter

Retired Swapper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008 07:24:13 AM »

An extension _would_ make it more likely that I could join, personally. I'm still recovering from my last birth but I want to use bellydancing to get back into shape (I'm very much a newbie) and I think this swap would help me get started. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sandandsilk.wordpress.com

wists.com/dragoneyezed
Kenners
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008 05:30:18 AM »

I've just weakened and bought some gorgeous beaded trim off ebay with this swap in mind. Its really subtle but stunning. Its blue and bronze, so if my partner doesn't like those colours I'll just have to keep it all for myself - How terrible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Generation Artisan

"Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
mieljolie
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008 06:18:55 AM »

If no one else minds I can extend the sign up dates until your other swap ends so you can join in the fun.

I'd love it if you could.  I'd really like to be a part of this one.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008 06:22:41 AM by mieljolie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sorcha.ni
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008 01:19:42 PM »

I'm still recovering from my last birth but I want to use bellydancing to get back into shape (I'm very much a newbie) and I think this swap would help me get started. Cheesy

Bellydance is really good for that. I danced up until I was 36 weeks pregnant, and started back again 4 weeks after the birth. It's been a great help getting my abdominals back into shape, even if I still have lingering tummy-pudge.

The secret is to take it slowly, and if some moves hurt (in a bad way) then don't do them for a while, then try again later. Feel free to PM me if you want any more info.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dragonmama
MILF-y Crafter

Retired Swapper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008 09:09:03 PM »

I'm still recovering from my last birth but I want to use bellydancing to get back into shape (I'm very much a newbie) and I think this swap would help me get started. Cheesy

Bellydance is really good for that. I danced up until I was 36 weeks pregnant, and started back again 4 weeks after the birth. It's been a great help getting my abdominals back into shape, even if I still have lingering tummy-pudge.

The secret is to take it slowly, and if some moves hurt (in a bad way) then don't do them for a while, then try again later. Feel free to PM me if you want any more info.

You are so sweet to offer! Thank you. Cheesy

I'm really looking forward to starting. I hope I'm up to it soon. Physically, I'm actually fully healed. But my energy is still shot, plus I'm still adjusting to life with a toddler and a newborn, heh.

I did try to do some bellydancing while I was pregnant and it was really fun. I've been wanting to pick it up for years, really.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sandandsilk.wordpress.com

wists.com/dragoneyezed
sorcha.ni
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008 12:58:43 PM »

No problem. I know what you mean about energy levels though, I've got a toddler and she's tiring enough. I can't imagine what it's like adding a newborn into the mix!

Back to the swap - what are the thoughts about the new dates? I'm out of the country for the second week in October, so that kinda eats into my crafting time. Also with the current dates, I'd need to send before heading off. That's why I'm dragging my feet on signing up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Star217
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2008 06:58:57 AM »

I'm thinking I can extend sign ups to october 1 and then have send outs near the end of the month.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Unable to leave good enough alone!
My Store
http://stickyfingers.etsy.com

My Blog
http://stickyfingerscrafts.blogspot.com
Saturn
The Ditzy Gypsy

Dance first. Think later.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008 11:53:59 AM »

I'm thinking I can extend sign ups to october 1 and then have send outs near the end of the month.

Wow, that's a large sign-up period... Shocked But I guess I can't complain...it gives me some time to focus on my other swaps I couldn't resist signing up for...lol.  Grin Grin Grin

Although...and this is just my humble, honest, and no-pushiness-intended opinion,  Wink I want to be involved either way in this wonderful swap, but I feel like I would rather have a more "shallow" sign up period...like maybe end of September-ish, just a week ahead of time, and a longer craft period...especially for a topic of this nature where I may be sewing things...That first week is pretty vital to get to know your partner, pick out projects to create, and to then purchase materials. Then that would only leave 3 weeks...or less...till the send-out date. Starting a sewing project, or a painting, or a doll etc. seems pretty intimidating to me in such a short amount of time, so I might have to make something smaller or send a few days late....and I REALLY don't want to have to do that. I like to be on-time.  Grin I like to make decent sized objects and things with considerable detail.  School just started, and that's also a time-balance concern for me. Just being honest...don't want to ruffle feathers. Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently in:
WWP Round 29 Lughnasdagh 2011 swap!
Date to send item by: 07-25-11
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Helping a Child Adjust to School Uniforms
Kids Clothing for All Seasons
Rough and Ready Sportswear for Kids
Tips to Prevent Female Hair Loss
Woman Struggles with Thinning Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...