A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,105
Currently Running With Scissors:
763 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Joss Whedon Swap Gallery  (Read 17200 times)
Tags for this thread: buffy_the_vampire_slayer , tv , firefly , serenity , whedon  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crumpet
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2005 01:01:10 AM »

Yay!  I'm so glad you like it urbankitty. Smiley

My package arrived today from nessagurl, but I was at work, so it got sent to the post office and I can't get it until tomorrow... I'm so excited, and am going to the post office first thing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NessaGurl
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2005 05:17:36 AM »

Holy WOW...I can't beleive all the cool stuff everyone is getting...way to go everyone!!! I received a cool jean buffy bag from Michaela*s Mom two days ago...I love it and it has become my new lunch bag...My server is broke at home, so I won't be able to post picks till the weekend or Monday...but as soon as its fixed I'll post pics.

UPDATE*** Here is my awesome bag I received

and an action shot with my lunch

Good job everyone!

Nessagurl

sorry the pics aren't the greatest, but its hard to take pictures of the vinyl...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005 03:51:41 PM by NessaGurl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop...
http://thislittlebird.etsy.com 

My Wist
http://www.wists.com/ThisLittleBird

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you
sparky1131

Riding the wave of chaos...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2005 04:09:43 PM »

Ms Bettie,

I'm so glad you liked your package!  Mainly because after seeing the awesome things you sent, I would totally have not felt worthy!!  I almost wanted to go buy a new digital camera because mine was too cruddy to take pictures of this work!  I too had a totally hectic day at work today and I kept thinking about the package waiting for me at the post office to pick up (I got 2 craftster packages today - I'm totally high on craftster!).

Pictures will come soon, but I didn't want to wait to tell you how much I love what you sent and tell everyone else about my rockin' swap partner!

Ms. Bettie sent:
-A mini-slaying kit with tiny tiny stakes and silver cross earrings (which are very cool!)
- A Buffy sticker
-A marble necklace with a tasty picture of Spike (which I'm wearing right now) with silver and red beads and some very nice wire cabachon wrapping - I've been dying to learn to do this!  I might end up walking into walls wearing this because I won't be able to look away from the Spiky goodness...
-And the piece de resistance is one of the coolest things I ever seen anyone make anywhere.  It's a purse made from a hardback book with chain straps.  She painted the book black and antique-y looking and in gold it says Book of Spells.  The inside is lined with periwinkle paper with stars.  Not only am I working on my library master's degree (so I love book-related stuff), but I have a reputation for always having funky purses.  I love cool purses and this is the coolest one I've ever had. 

You really outdid yourself and I can't tell you how thrilled I am!

Meredith
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005 04:25:38 PM by sparky1131 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MsBettie
accidental microwave pyrotechnician

Jenn loves Wes

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2005 04:53:05 PM »

I'm so glad you like it! I almost didn't make the purse, but then I saw that you were going to be a librarian and I thought it was just the right craft for you! Its the first one I've ever made, by the way. This has been the best swap I've ever participated in. Thank you again, Meredith!

Jenn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love.
~Carrie Bradshaw
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2005 05:59:49 PM »

Yesterday I got a sweet arse package from urbankitty with so many goodies I hardly know where to begin.  First, it has cards with the awesome Buffy  or Bonnie "B" on it and great quotes inside.  I mean come on how can it get better than that?  Well, it does!!!  There is a journal with a picture of Anya and some cool pencils that write with swirly colors, a cross necklace, gorgeous red nail polish fit for a Cordette and W magazine (which Anya and Cordy love and me too!), nail files for beauty and protection a copy of one more time with feeling which I didn't have but I'd never tell.   Wink

This package is amazing, stupendous and it made my day, no week.....heck my month!  I'll post pics when Mr. Boo stops hogging the PC. 

Shout out to urbankitty the bestest swapper E-V-A-H!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Emisanboo

www.jaynehat.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2005 01:42:20 PM »

Serious, serious props to Radegund, for sending me some of the coolest stuff that can be legally send through the U.S. postal system.

Inside my cardboard package o' joy was a wooden box, spongepainted on the lid and around the base, with pics of the Jossverse on the lid.  Upon opening said box, I discovered a whole heap o' Firefly stuff.  And also that the box's lid was decorated on the inside as well, (I can't believe you even included "Fray") which shows you her attention to detail.

Behold! I give you my Big Box o' Joss!

Note the Blue Sun handkerchief, promptly appropriated by my six year old.  No worries, I got it back.

I love the tiny tote with the Blue Sun logo, filled with handmade glycerin soaps in the shape of a blue sun.  They smell really nice, too.  And again, my six year old took them AGAINST MY EXPRESS INSTRUCTIONS NOT TO and began making blue sun prints on the bathroom mirror.  Yes, those are safely hidden away from little hands now too.  (Okay, she can have one.)

The soaps are really pretty, and they really do smell wonderful.  Radegund, do you make those to sell or something?

My favorite part of the package was the little wooden box of Serenity (penny for scale).  I can't believe you did that with temporary tattoos.  I now feel really, really lame for just sending a hat.

This swap has inspired me to stretch what I try to do - made easier because Radegund also sent information about how she made the items, so I can use that as a starting point when I purchase my first bottle of Mod Podge!

Thank you, organizer, and thank you, swap buddy!  This has been a great experience!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005 01:45:09 PM by Emisanboo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jayne hats and Jayne hat knitting kits at http://www.wearwithstyle.com
e-mail: heather@jaynehat.com
Radegund
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2005 02:11:08 PM »

Serious, serious props to Radegund, for sending me some of the coolest stuff that can be legally send through the U.S. postal system.

Grin Glad you (and your little one) liked them! (Even if the U.S. postal system was uncooperative.)

The soaps are really pretty, and they really do smell wonderful.  Radegund, do you make those to sell or something?

So far I've only done them as gifts.  I occasionally entertain the notion of trying to sell the crafts I make, but I suspect doing it as a job would take the fun out of it.

I now feel really, really lame for just sending a hat.

Not at all, I loved the Jayne hat, and sending it with the straw and the note was perfect!  Plus, I don't knit, so it's something I'd never have had otherwise!  Heck, I wondered if my box was lame because all I did was glue pictures to stuff.   Smiley

This swap has inspired me to stretch what I try to do - made easier because Radegund also sent information about how she made the items, so I can use that as a starting point when I purchase my first bottle of Mod Podge!

Well then, it's all worth it! This was my first swap and I'm quite happy with how things went. Shiny! Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Emisanboo

www.jaynehat.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2005 04:26:25 PM »

Gotta tell you one more thing - my daughter took a bath tonight, and she had the soap in there with her.  "It's a blue sun!  And it's rising!"  I swear, it sounded like a sinister advertising slogan in the world of Firefly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jayne hats and Jayne hat knitting kits at http://www.wearwithstyle.com
e-mail: heather@jaynehat.com
MsBettie
accidental microwave pyrotechnician

Jenn loves Wes

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2005 11:23:01 PM »

As promised, here are the pictures of what I received from Sparky1311:

A gorgeous book of spells (Meredith, did you bind that yourself?)

Inside are random pictures and quotes from my favorite characters

My Scooby Gang vamp fighting kit complete with HAND CARVED (!!!) stake

My new favorite mug. I will unfortunatly not be using it for blood. I'm more of a green and white tea gal.

And the back.

And my Oz inspired earrings. I havent taken them off since I got the package.

I must thank you again, Meredith. This swap could not have been better!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010 02:35:38 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love.
~Carrie Bradshaw
tinydoom

*one of the ladies*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2005 06:00:47 AM »

The "Randy" mug is priceless!  And so clever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Featured Blogger: Mayte Doll
80s Fashion Dance Video: New Leaf by Samir
Fashion Blogger Aimee Song Gives Pro Tips On Styling And Starting A Blog
Sexy Workout Gear That Celebrities Wear to Exercise
Dukes of Melrose Star Tips: How to Shop Vintage
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...