A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnies Scavenger Hunt 2 ~ Gallery of Goodness ~  (Read 6816 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissColee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Cakewrecks made me famous! http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/02/this-is-how-you-show-hungry-whos-boss.html

why is the rum always gone?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2008 06:59:14 PM »

Ive rec'd!
Aunt Flo is in town and this was the most perfect pick me up from such a crappy day!
local- a very nice Florida magnet-- Id have a picture, but the boys stole it to put it on their states   map.
C- a crochet hook case. This bad boy is going in my " going to hockey" kit. I LOVE it!

Blue- a blue and white garterlac dishcloth. Ive had problems with this pattern b/c I just couldnt see it in my head. Now that I have one to look at, I think I can do it. ( its so nice, be jealous!)

squishy- YARN! Its soo pretty. Im going to make a long sleeved shrug with it, I love the colors.

unusual- I think I should rename this catagory as CUTE! He's a squishy cat made of cotton and my fav. colors. My 4 year old named him Mr. Chappers.

Flexible- stitch markers. I always misplace mine, so it'll be nice to have some in a lovely little box. Maybe they wont disappear now.

Senders choice- a scissor sharpener. THANK YOU! This will be put to MUCH use.

Thank you so much BioformCallie. I appreciate all the time you took to make this a fun swap for me.
*HUGS* from utah!
Colee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpottedFrog
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2008 09:11:37 PM »

My doorbell rang today, I've never been so disapointed to get the fabric I ordered. It took 2 full, gruelling weeks for my package to reach my partner & it looks like the post is being equally slow the other direction too, sigh.

I've never been so excited about recieving in a swap before, I think it's because I know there's yarn in it & it's my new thing & I'm excited by all yarn like a magpie in a jewelry store.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moonshae
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2008 01:27:02 AM »

OMG the guys at the post office know me. I dashed over there as soon as I realised that my parcel had arrived and they were closed and getting in their car. But, as I am known, they went back inside and got me my package!!! How cool is that?

Perlabella and I had several PMs of "i hope you don't hate my package!" in our swap anxiety and oh there is definately no hate...
a blurry photo of anticipation...

Something local, a postcard of NY

Something blue - a blue tin containing a mini cat amigurumi and some blue L-shaped post its!
Sender's choice - a penguin!

Something squishy - a hearthstone shaped wrist rest for my World of Warcraft sessions - stolen by my boyfriend already!

Something flexible - Red Heart yarn in a luscious deep purple. I wish you could get Simply Soft and Red Heart in Oz Sad

Something unusual - a Blood Elf (more WOW nerdery!) mini pillow

Something starting with C, my favourite of the bunch (sorry penguin) is crochet stitch markers in the bestest colours for me ever

This has been great! Applause to everyone for such awesome packages!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008 01:30:42 AM by moonshae » THIS ROCKS   Logged
meganlorraine
-Meg

Do what you like: Like what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2008 06:12:31 AM »

Thos stitch markers are great... as are the crochetted kitties (both of them!) Nice job all Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need bottle cap earrings with pictures of my kitty. Will swap anything for them!!!!!!

Pinterest- http://pinterest.com/meganlorraine/

I love personal swaps and would love some help making quilt squares. Let me know if you're interested!
SalutingMagpies
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2008 08:27:10 AM »

Scuse me while I show myself up in front of you knowledgeable people Cheesy
I meant to ask when I posted pics of my package.
What is the little twist of thread that came with my llama yarn? It's on the right in this pic (click for bigger) and feels a lot like embroidery floss. What is it used for?
As it's the same colour as the yarn, I would guess it might be for seaming the finished knitted piece?
I've not bought yarn with one of these before, is it a commont thing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meganlorraine
-Meg

Do what you like: Like what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2008 08:17:42 PM »

It looks like perl cotton to me which is used to yes sew finished projects together but also to add subtle embelishments to the projects... I am interested to see what your partner intended though... cause that's just what I use it for!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need bottle cap earrings with pictures of my kitty. Will swap anything for them!!!!!!

Pinterest- http://pinterest.com/meganlorraine/

I love personal swaps and would love some help making quilt squares. Let me know if you're interested!
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2008 04:37:19 PM »

My partner girlosun_9 is having computer issues so I am posting pics for her.

Local~Some pencil roving from Oregon. I know she wants to learn to spin, and at the yarn store they said this would help it be really even

The colors are a little more true here, it was a medium blue with some heathered pinkish purple in it.

Something flexible~a little zipper pouch, she can use it for lots of different things! (flexible in use) I put a few little candies in their for her kiddos too because I felt bad I hadn't made anything for them!

Letter "c"~Crocheted granny square dishcloth

Something unusual~Felted Soap. I felted a bar of my handmade black raspberry vanilla soap

Something blue~pretty yarn!

Something squishy~crochet hoook grips, and a bamboo hook was just extra, since I forgot 2 things in the original package and had to send them out later. Doh!

Oh and I forgot to take a pic sender's choice, but it was an embroidery pattern off her wists of little animals.  Grin

« Last Edit: September 04, 2008 04:39:51 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 6/2

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
littlebluegirl
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2008 12:48:56 AM »

Scuse me while I show myself up in front of you knowledgeable people Cheesy
I meant to ask when I posted pics of my package.
What is the little twist of thread that came with my llama yarn? It's on the right in this pic http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/thumbs/Blue5.JPG and feels a lot like embroidery floss. What is it used for?
As it's the same colour as the yarn, I would guess it might be for seaming the finished knitted piece?
I've not bought yarn with one of these before, is it a commont thing?

It was a bit of a random thing really.  I got this selection of threads from somewhere and they appeared whilst I was doing this swap so I thought I'd slip it in there cos it was blue, and pretty.  Sorry for not explaining.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008 10:23:28 AM by rackycoo - Reason: please don't quote photos! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SalutingMagpies
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2008 05:50:16 AM »

Ah, I see! Smiley

I didn't realise it was something you'd slipped in, especially since the colour is so similar to the wool. Since I buy 99% of my yarn at thrift shops, I thought it must be something that nice yarn suppliers did!
Well it's very pretty and will certainly come in handy, thank you Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sonjabegonia

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2008 03:52:10 PM »

Here's my awesome package from Knichole!

Something unusual is a vintage how-to book for different crafts like knitting, crocheting, embroidery, etc.  I love it! 

Something local is a postcard which helps me place Knichole in the real worlds.

There are also several skeins of yarn -- cotton and chenille.  A couple of the skeins look vintage, which will be a lot of fun to work with in the future. 

Something flexible is this very handy tote bag. 

I love, love love this star afghan for something blue.  This is amazing!  I will use this often. 

Something starting with the letter C are crocheted cloths.  The patterns are so nice on both of them. 

Finally, a cute bear with a skirt made of yellow flowers.  Adorable!

Thank you, thank you, thank you -- all are wonderful.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Twitter - @snelsonchi
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Select With a Marquee Tool in Photoshop CS3
How to Select With the Lasso Tool in Flash CS3
How to Select With the Lasso Tool in Photoshop CS3
How to Select With the Magic Wand Tool in Photoshop CS3
How to Select With the Magnetic Lasso Tool in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...