A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,636
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnies Scavenger Hunt 2 ~ Gallery of Goodness ~  (Read 6818 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kimtastic

Don't Try Joose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2008 10:46:34 AM »

wow that blue/black yarn looks amazing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2008 11:05:09 AM »

TAOJ, I want to steal that yarn.  It is amazingly beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpottedFrog
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2008 02:08:45 PM »

Actually it's a blue/ turquoise/ chocolate brown mix, from my LYS. I am not a sock knitter (yet) so I was trusting the sales lady in that it's supposed to be enough for a pair. That was the "oh, wait, there's supposed to be a budget?" item. I was really good on everything else though, I promise, everything I crafted came from my stash.

The Mexican hot chocolate is very different from European styles, partly because of the extra spices. If you like big mugs use 2 squares, one square is about right for an 8 ouce cup. For ultra authentic flavor add a pinch of black pepper (not kidding) it's sooo good! I can't wait for cooler weather to drink hot drinks again.

The bag & pouch are machine washable & dryable Smiley I don't remember if I put that in there or not.

I'm really glad you liked it all! I look forward to seeing what you do with the yarn Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amybarnett
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2008 06:53:35 PM »

I received an awesome box from kimtastic 2 days ago. Here is a list of the categories/items:

Local: a project bag from her fav bookstore, a book of O'Henry short stories (he is from her home town), Dolly Madison Mints (first Lady from her home town) and a cute little tub of Vicks Vapor Rub. I have never-ever tried it before! I almost want a stuffy nose just to see if it works...... Grin
Squishy: Polyfill!!!!!

Blue: Alpaca yarn (mmmm. so soft)
Letter "C": Cotton yarn
Flexible: A pattern book that can be used for several different projects....Versati lity!

Unusual: A fleur de lis double pointed needle book. With needles! And a pattern! So cool! (How did you know I am totally obsessed with Fleur de lis right now? Did I put it in my questionnaire?)
Senders choice: lock and key stitch markers-I used them today! I LOVE them!

Thanks Kim so much for a great swap! Everything is so nice! (I have to say, I have already used most of the polyfill, and the alpaca!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wootwoot

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2008 08:41:23 PM »

I got my awesome package from seamshistoric yesterday.  It showed up just before I was going out the door for work and I wanted a peek so I don't have pictures of how nicely everything was packaged up, whoops!

First up,  senders's choice:  Jolly Rancher's!  I won't lie, I used scissors to cut the back of the bag open so I could eat them but the package would still look nice for pictures Smiley  Next is something local:  bracelets made by a Native American that she got at the annual Festival of the Hills.  These are like friendship bracelets, only so much cooler than anything I ever managed to make.  And flexible:  Harrisville New England Shetland Wool.  I love two-ply shetland.  I'm going to have to find a cool project for it.

Next is the letter "C":  cute, comfy, and not a cat, with cables!  Pattern for the Roma Cardigan!

Something blue:  These little stitch markers are just like tiny jewels.  Very pretty, and just the right size. 

Something unusual:  a Christmas ornament (alternately, if I didn't celebrate Christmas, this could be a Joker ball--I must have mentioned how much I enjoyed The Dark Knight).  Very cool, is this a temari ball? 

And best for last, a big squishy to satisfy my obsession with a certain animal:  BAT BAG!  This is awesome, I laughed so hard when I opened it up.  His red eyes are the buttons holding the bag closed:

Pajama pants action shot:

This guy is full of pockets, too, including a really cool drawstring pouch built right into his body.  Your sewing skills boggle my mind, seamshistoric.  It's hard to get a picture, but you can at least see the lining here:

Thanks so much, I love everything, especially the bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kimtastic

Don't Try Joose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2008 05:07:06 AM »

that bat bag is awesome!

amy im so glad you liked everything! the vicks is amazing.  greensboro (to be such a yuppie craphole) has like a stupid amount of history (sit ins, revolutionary war battlefield, etc etc) but my favorite has always been that we can claim vabor rub as our very own!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlternaWidget

More insects to worry about

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2008 07:01:13 PM »

Hi Everyone! I had to rely on the kindness of others to get pictures of the fantastic stuff I received from Meganlorraine. Honestly, I am awed and amazed, and a little embarrassed by her creativity and generosity. She's an absolute little stinker who ricjly deserves a good "time out". Smiley

Here we go (and again, these were taken by one of my kids as dear old mom's camera is crapped out again):

A needle roll with a bonus N hook (did the hook fairy tell you I'm always leaving my hooks in my yarn stash?). Hedgehog love!!

A hat (too big? nope! Big Irish bowling ball here. Just perfect!)  and the world's most perfect candy bars:

Oh my goodness...the most amazing pleated tote/WIP bag. Love it!!

This one is awfully hard to see, and I'm sorry about that - this is THE most incredibly soft and amazing mohair - 2 balls - navy and gray. I am speechless. I never indulged in it for myself, but now I have visions of webby shawls dancing in my head. And EARRINGS - luscious dangly earrings featuring 2 balls of yarn each. So very creative and fun!! Better put some up on your website, Miss M, because I imagine the LYS ladies will ask. Smiley

Oh golly, this one tickled me to death. A beautiful hedgehog pouch (check the embroidery!!) filled to the brim with handy knitting gizmos, such as skein nets, row counter, and yarn needles. A treasure!

And an outside shot of the needle roll! Love this to pieces!! AND a sheep-covered emery board from the LYS - the gift that keeps on giving. Smiley

THANK YOU, Miss Meganlorrain!! You are an awesome and creative young person with a very bright future ahead of you...and an adorable brat. Thanks again!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
seamshistoric
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2008 12:49:34 AM »

Wootwoot:

The xmas/Joker ball is actually yarn needlefelted onto a styrofoam ball; just don't tug too hard and any ends.  Cheesy But I think it's pretty secured. The only glue involved was for the sequins.

Here's a close-up pic of the bracelets, which I think are absolutely gorgeous.

And there are more pictures of the Bat Bag now in the Purses category, linkie here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=266296.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
myklia
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2008 04:37:39 AM »

The needle roll is really cute and the hat looks comfy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xray kitten

Textiles, yarn, wool, metal, stuff...

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2008 04:55:25 AM »

I sent to Heini who has recived so I can post pics for her here. Smiley

First of all:
C is for closure
The local bit is a needlecase made from a old case from a tailor that lived around here in the 1800:s. With a more modern touch...

Unusual is a shrunken towel that expands if you put it in hot water.
Squishy is a little velvet "friend" that is rellly nice to squeeze when your stressed or have chrocheted too hard.. It's filled with linen seed.

Blue is blue alpaca yarn that comes from my stash. It's actually a lot lighter then the pic shows.
Flexible. Wool is always a bit flexible fibre. Therefor: more yarn. Smiley

Sender's choice is a bag I made when we both discovered our mutual love for Twin Peaks. It's simply a Twin Peaks bag, with the text " the owls are not what they seems to be" on one side and the silouhette of an owl at the other.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Callie Khouri: A Director She Could Trust
Callie Khouri: Female Characters Vs. Role Models
Callie Khouri: An Instant Feminist
Callie Khouri: Writing "Thelma & Louise"
Callie Khouri: Chick Flick
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...