A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,173
Currently Running With Scissors:
362 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnies Scavenger Hunt 2 ~ Gallery of Goodness ~  (Read 7843 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

myklia
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2008 07:19:26 PM »

I like the cuffs and the tussah silk/merino yarn looks better than the one I sent, but I am still a very novice spinner (even though some peoples first attempt look better than my 10th or whatever it is attempt).

So Skellerz asked me to post pictures of what I sent her since she has received (at least of the one yarn, I'm not sure about the rest, but I'll post them anyways).

What Skellerz is most excited about, "unusual".  This is yarn I spun myself using a couple of different colors of roving I bought locally.  As I stated before, I am still a novice spinner and my 66 yards ended up breaking into two balls (unintentionally).  I figure because I spun it, there will be no other yarn like this.  It is mostly tussah silk with some merino.  Yummily soft.:

Local, the picture isn't real clear.  Overall it is a keychain.  The part connecting the beads with the keychain that is flower shaped is from a local bead shop.:

Blue.  I already had the blue bag and when I thought of what I was going to do for blue, I thought this bag will be perfect.  I hadn't used it yet.  I painted a robot on it since Skellerz and I both like robots.  I figure she could use it for yarn storage in her college dorm room.:

Squishy, what yarn isn't squishy.  It is Patons SWS and it was on her wists:

"C" for Pencil "C"ase.  I put a couple of pens inside:

Flexible, a caddy to hang up in her closet in her dorm room to hold stuff.  It is flexible in its use.  It can be used on a hanger or a closet rod.:

Senders choice.  Three balls of Sugar n Cream.  Skellerz and I first got to know each other on the knit dish cloth a long.  I thought I send her more goods to work with:

Ok, I'm done now.  I hope you enjoy everything Skellerz, I had fun.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008 07:27:58 PM by myklia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

maiziemama
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2008 08:02:17 PM »

So I got a hefty little box of goodies from mcook today!!  Here's a pic of the whole loot:

I wish I could individually showcase each wonderful item, but I have painfully slow dial up service, and that would take me all night long!  I did give a gratuitous close up of the awesome yarn she sent!  i love everything girl!  Here's the list:

LOCAL:  This is some DIVINE soap handmade by mcook!   It is chocolate soap and it smells good enough to eat!

"C" A handmade set of blank notecards with vintage knitting shots on them!  Love em!!

BLUE: This is super soft handspun yarn in a Bluegrass Colorway.  I wish you all could snuggle it, it is sooooo soft!

a closeup pic of the yarn:

UNUSUAL A vintage knitting booklet!

SQUISHY: A cloth covered ice pack!  Love it!  It will come in handy with all the kiddos around here getting bruised and scraped up!

FLEXIBLE: Cute hairties for my daughter!

SENDERS CHOICE: two books on learning crochet ( since I seriously need a lesson!!  good sluething mcook!!) and a lovely stitchmarker altoid tin! 

THANKS FOR BEING A LOVELY PARTNER!  YOU SURE MADE MY DAY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SalutingMagpies
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008 03:14:08 AM »

I don't think I've seen anything in this gallery that I wouldn't love for myself. The orange cuffs are especially gorgeous.

Hopefully Littlebluegirl will receive tomorrow (gotta love UK partners!) but here is a little teaser in the meantime

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kimtastic

Don't Try Joose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2008 05:43:01 AM »

everyones packages look so awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TAOJ

eating my strawberries

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2008 07:32:43 AM »

I love all the beautiful handspun  Shocked  I have to agree that there are so many great packages that I would be happy with any of them, gotta love the yarn goodies  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meganlorraine
-Meg

Do what you like: Like what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2008 08:20:53 AM »

What awesome stuff!! but now it's MY TURN! I appologize in advance, as I took pictures of everything so this might take a minute Smiley This is the wonderful package from AlternaWidget!

Open Box:

Local: (wonderful local handmade candy!! SO far it's surviving)

Blue: (I already gave him his nose kisses since he loves them so much;)) <3 him!

Squishy: (Excersize balls for your hands I think they're flour filled balloons. Yay tension relief! And funny coloring book page it was rapped in!)

"C": (Stands for lots of things like... costumes (love the book!), coloring (much ado about nothing coloring book), candy, and cookie)

Flexiable: (NEAT crochet/knitting needle thingy. I'm excited to start playing with it! There was also a booklight that I had a pic of.. but my camera ate it!)

Unusual: (Awesome crochetted necklaces!! And yes they fit and are so wonderful)

Sender's choice: (Wonderful brown Alpaca cozyness! And a fairy flower which I can't wait to start growing out East!)

Extra-
former C: (AMAZING yarn coasters! I love them!!!!)

Thank you so much, MARY! You rock my socks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need bottle cap earrings with pictures of my kitty. Will swap anything for them!!!!!!

Pinterest- http://pinterest.com/meganlorraine/

I love personal swaps and would love some help making quilt squares. Let me know if you're interested!
littlebluegirl
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2008 08:28:22 AM »

Yummy things!  Those coasters are gorgeous!  And kitty!  Gotta love the kitty.  Teaser pic - eep!  My first one, I'm so excited.  Tomorrow I am sitting in til the postie comes.  Scrap that, I'm hanging over my balcony waiting for the postie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xray kitten

Textiles, yarn, wool, metal, stuff...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2008 09:01:42 AM »

So much nice things! And those collars! wow...

I sent to heini today(yep, I know, I'm late, but it's actually my bosses fault for notifying me in the last minute I had to work late), we live pretty close so hopefully it won't take too long. I also had to badger the post office real hard to get a good recipe, they tried to tell me I couldn't get one...  Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kayrun
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2008 02:21:56 PM »

wow, Thenutmeg,
you do a great job of wrapping!
Thanks for piquing my curiousity for a couple of days....
LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sonjabegonia
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2008 02:22:40 PM »

LOVE the kitty action shot!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy - www.etsy.com/shop/OCCASIONsonjabegonia

Facebook  - www.facebook.com/occasionsbysonjabegonia

Tumblr - sonjabegoniach.tumblr.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Write Graffiti Letter E
How to Write Graffiti Letter F
How to Draw an Embarrassed Face Manga Style
How to Paint a Building in Two-Point Perspective
How to Draw a Cartoon Face
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...