A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,305
Currently Running With Scissors:
556 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cucumber & Apple Sandwich  (Read 1159 times)
Tags for this thread: apple , apple_recipe  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Daniethanas
Wife, Sister, Daughter, Friend, Crocheter

Hookin' like a fiend these days...

View Profile WWW
« on: August 19, 2008 09:15:06 AM »

DH and I are trying to lose weight, and I made the dumb mistake of going to the grocery store hungry last night. So what was my impluse hungry buy - a cucumber. No, I'm not joking. DH doesn't really care for them so they're a treat for me.

So then I thought... what can I do with this cucumber? Maybe a sandwich? Then this morning when I washed off the cucumber and apple... I had a vision. A vision of a delicious sandwich. And it was. Here's how you do it.

SO-EASY CUCUMBER AND APPLE SANDWICHES
Ingredients: (Makes 2 sandwiches, so invite a friend over or half the ingredients and put the remaining apples/cukes in the fridge for tomorrow)
- 4 slices of your favorite bread (I used oatnut because it's my new bread obsession)
- 1 cucumber, sliced into 1/4 inch slices (peeled if you want, I like 'em with the skins)
- 1 apple, sliced into 1/4 inch slices/wedges (again, peeled if you want, I like 'em with the skins) **Make sure to toss them in a bit of lemon juice or they'll go brown!**
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, divided (or vegan soy-cheese equivalent - cheese or cheese-like product is optional)

Method:
- Distribute the sliced cucumbers on two slices of bread (you may have some left over, just eat 'em on the side... all depends on the size cuke you have)
- Distrubute apple slices on top of the sliced cucumber layer (again, you may have leftovers)
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp parmesan cheese on each sandwich (if you want!)
- Cover the sandwiches with the other slices of bread. Serve with your favorite sandwich side.

I would imagine that this would be tasty with a dash of plain black pepper and/or cinnamon as well. If you try this - let me know!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008 09:22:30 AM by Daniethanas » THIS ROCKS   Logged

elucidation
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008 09:20:11 AM »

Hahaha (: jolly good impulse buy, I'm definitely going to try this out soon, I'll let you know how it goes (:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Daniethanas
Wife, Sister, Daughter, Friend, Crocheter

Hookin' like a fiend these days...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008 09:27:09 AM »

Discussing with my good IRL friend KimberlyPye about what a good spread would be... we're thinking cream or cottage cheese whipped together with a dash of vanilla extract, basil, black pepper, and garlic powder would make a good spread for the sammich. Other thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 26/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 25/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 18/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 3/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 22/26
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!
April 29, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...