A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 315,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cucumber & Apple Sandwich  (Read 1319 times)
Tags for this thread: apple , apple_recipe  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Daniethanas
Wife, Sister, Daughter, Friend, Crocheter

Hookin' like a fiend these days...

View Profile WWW
« on: August 19, 2008 09:15:06 AM »

DH and I are trying to lose weight, and I made the dumb mistake of going to the grocery store hungry last night. So what was my impluse hungry buy - a cucumber. No, I'm not joking. DH doesn't really care for them so they're a treat for me.

So then I thought... what can I do with this cucumber? Maybe a sandwich? Then this morning when I washed off the cucumber and apple... I had a vision. A vision of a delicious sandwich. And it was. Here's how you do it.

SO-EASY CUCUMBER AND APPLE SANDWICHES
Ingredients: (Makes 2 sandwiches, so invite a friend over or half the ingredients and put the remaining apples/cukes in the fridge for tomorrow)
- 4 slices of your favorite bread (I used oatnut because it's my new bread obsession)
- 1 cucumber, sliced into 1/4 inch slices (peeled if you want, I like 'em with the skins)
- 1 apple, sliced into 1/4 inch slices/wedges (again, peeled if you want, I like 'em with the skins) **Make sure to toss them in a bit of lemon juice or they'll go brown!**
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, divided (or vegan soy-cheese equivalent - cheese or cheese-like product is optional)

Method:
- Distribute the sliced cucumbers on two slices of bread (you may have some left over, just eat 'em on the side... all depends on the size cuke you have)
- Distrubute apple slices on top of the sliced cucumber layer (again, you may have leftovers)
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp parmesan cheese on each sandwich (if you want!)
- Cover the sandwiches with the other slices of bread. Serve with your favorite sandwich side.

I would imagine that this would be tasty with a dash of plain black pepper and/or cinnamon as well. If you try this - let me know!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008 09:22:30 AM by Daniethanas » THIS ROCKS   Logged

elucidation
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008 09:20:11 AM »

Hahaha (: jolly good impulse buy, I'm definitely going to try this out soon, I'll let you know how it goes (:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Daniethanas
Wife, Sister, Daughter, Friend, Crocheter

Hookin' like a fiend these days...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008 09:27:09 AM »

Discussing with my good IRL friend KimberlyPye about what a good spread would be... we're thinking cream or cottage cheese whipped together with a dash of vanilla extract, basil, black pepper, and garlic powder would make a good spread for the sammich. Other thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Integrate Lightroom 2 with Photoshop.
How to Use Keywords in Lightroom 2
Portrait Retouching with Photoshop Elements - Sample Clip 3
Portrait Retouching with Photoshop Elements - Sample Clip 2
Lightroom 2 Quick Tip
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...