A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 305,897
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cute and vibrant AIO cloth diapers.  (Read 4822 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AbbyRose
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008 07:57:16 AM »

Wow, these are awesome looking! Did you use a pattern, or is it your own design? They're so clean and smooth looking.

I'd love to be able to make anything at all that looked that good.

Thanks! I had a few free patterns I was playing around with and took what I liked from each one to make my own.

I think diaper-making looks a lot harder than it actually is. Most of it is just simple straight-stitching and some zig-zag. Nothing too impressive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adorable handmade childrens hoodies in stock now!
Wistful Thinking.
I love to DYE Smiley
Handmade cloth diapers, booties, bags and more! www.abbyrosecreations.ca
PrincessJasmine
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008 12:06:58 PM »

these are so cute!  I haven't been brave enough to use cloth ones, but was thinking about making some.  Why are the insides white? I am just wondering as it seems like they would stain.  What kind of fabric works best?  You did a great job on these, many kudos!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AbbyRose
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008 07:16:14 PM »

these are so cute!  I haven't been brave enough to use cloth ones, but was thinking about making some.  Why are the insides white? I am just wondering as it seems like they would stain.  What kind of fabric works best?  You did a great job on these, many kudos!

Thanks. The insides are white because that's the cheapest flannelette they had for sale at fabricland Smiley Stains don't look nice, but I'm not too concerned with it, diapers are gross anyway, but they're necessary, so I just have to live with it. Fabric goes by preference really. Some prefer bamboo velour, microfleece, terry... Anything that will be soft and wick moisture away from baby's bum. Here's a link with more info on cloth diapering fabrics and other info: http://www.zany-zebra.com/diaper-fabric.shtml
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wistful Thinking.
I love to DYE Smiley
ec0320
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008 09:10:50 PM »

You just made me fall in love with AIO cloth diapers with snaps!  I haven't big about snaps because they just seem harder to close than velcro & such.  Please tell me you are going to post a great detailed tutorial!  Great job on the fabulous & trendy AIO cloth diapers! Love them! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
musiclady

with enough caffine, I could rule the world

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2008 06:29:27 AM »

These are great!  I am slowly building up my sewing skills to be able to make some fitteds.  Hopefully before my DD is out of diapers . . . . .   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kinzerbud
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008 05:17:11 PM »

These look great! I spend a bunch on Fuzzy Bunz before I bought my snap press and started sewing my own pocket diapers for my DD.  She's nearly potty trained now. Is it odd that I'm gonna miss cloth diapers?  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

keep the crazy in your head
elizabethsmommy
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2009 04:55:56 PM »

I am so impressed with your AIO diapers. I have looking on the internet at every site I come across for an AIO pattern that uses snaps- and they just are not there. Yours look like they might be pocket diapers? I found some really great pocket diaper patterns- could I modify them to make them into AIOs? What's the difference?I am
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Giraffecat
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009 07:22:51 PM »

These dipes look great!  I use BG 2.0's and think snaps would have been the way to go if I had to do it all over again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AbbyRose
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009 07:37:49 PM »

I am so impressed with your AIO diapers. I have looking on the internet at every site I come across for an AIO pattern that uses snaps- and they just are not there. Yours look like they might be pocket diapers? I found some really great pocket diaper patterns- could I modify them to make them into AIOs? What's the difference?I am

Thank you Smiley There is a link here that has a few different styles of cloth diaper patterns http://www.thenappynetwork.org.nz/diy.php Most pictures show velcro and snap positions so you can use either. The ones I made here are AIO's, not pocket diapers. Pocket diapers often consist of one outer waterproof layer and one inner layer that wicks moisture away from the skin and there is an opening either in the back or front of the diaper (a pocket) where you put absorbant soakers. An AIO has the soaker sewn in so it's All-In-One. Any pattern can be modified into an AIO as long as you add a sufficient amount of soaker material. You can always use inserts without pockets too and add them right onto the diaper for extra absorbtion.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009 07:38:34 PM by AbbyRose » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wistful Thinking.
I love to DYE Smiley
CeraMom
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2009 08:01:46 PM »

I want to buy some of those... they just look so great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Make a Casserole Out of Thanksgiving Leftovers
How To: Asian-Style Burger With Ponzu Slaw & Sriracha Ketchup
Homemade Texas Red Chili Recipe
The Most Expensive Burger in New York City
How to Make a PBJ & Bacon Burger
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Patriotic Table
Craft Challenge #114 - Pick It and Craft It!
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Paper Stars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...