A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,401
Currently Running With Scissors:
772 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby stuff: some for me, some for you (includes tee to sleep sack recon!)  (Read 2221 times)
Tags for this thread: booties  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

klum78

Actual size shown

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 19, 2008 01:02:39 AM »

With a new baby I have been making a few things here and there.  First I decorated two onesies and made a pair of booties for a swap.  The booties are from the Micheal Miller's booties pattern.  I made them out of an old suede jacket that my husband used to wear.  I really like how they turned out.  I need to find a way to size up the pattern to make my guy a pair.  (He's got big feet.)
Onesies:

Close-up of octopus that wraps around the side:

Booties:

I made my son a shorts outfit from a boys 4t shirt to go with my daughter's dress. (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=264056.msg2964411#msg2964411)  I followed the example here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=171662.msg1763904#msg1763904 (Thanks NitaS)
Unfortunately this is the best pic I have of it.  (He's only 5 months in the pic, so he's not walking...)  If I get a better one I will update this post with it.

Then I also made him a sleep sack out of one of my husband's unused tees.  The zipper doesn't match because I didn't have a white one in my stash.  I was making this the night before leaving on a trip and I needed to take it with me.  This makes a nice lightweight cover for him.  I didn't put the zipper in upside down because we do not have to do nighttime changes anymore.  (Yippy for us!)   If I get an action shot I will add it later. 

And now it's goodnight for me!   Grin
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008 01:04:07 AM by klum78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
heimlich
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008 02:57:09 AM »

Your creations are all so beautifil.
Most of all your son Grin
I was just wondering on how to make an easy sleep sack for my son, thank you for the idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

---Claudia---
Icemama
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008 03:32:49 AM »

Such great things. I love them all, that sleep sack is a really fantastic idea, great way to recon a t-shirt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

An Icelandic beginner crafter with lots of potential Smiley

My little crafty blog
michellesangel
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008 03:43:19 AM »

it's all very cute. the t-shirt sleep sack is really neat, and the little romper is very sweet indeed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Padester
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008 05:39:25 AM »

All very cool stuff!  Great work.  I really like the idea of making the shorts-romper thing out of a 4T button down shirt - I've never thought of that before.  Too bad mine aren't so little anymore . . . (well, not really - I am SO happy to be almost done with diapers and pullups!)

Thanks for shring! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008 05:40:52 AM »

Verrry cute!  Thanks so much for sharing. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
StacyCK
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008 06:09:11 AM »

Great job!  That little shirt turned romper is adorable and so is your son!  What a cutie...and so much hair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008 09:34:59 AM »

Thanks for all the comments! 

Your creations are all so beautiful.
Most of all your son Grin
I was just wondering on how to make an easy sleep sack for my son, thank you for the idea!

The sleep sack was super easy!  I wanted something super light because we were going to visit family in CA and it was going to be hot.  I just cut off the sleeves, tapered the tee into an a-line, hemmed the new sleeves, sewed up the bottom (I didn't even cut off the hem!), and added the zipper.  I think it took all of 45 min. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
AlexisMomOf3
Canadian Craftin' Momma

Sew Sew Sew!

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008 06:07:52 PM »

Great job and love all of the clothing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mother to 4 beautiful crazy children that loves to sew, make bows and photography.

www.thecanadiancraf ters.com
mommy2six
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008 09:33:41 PM »

Great stuff! I really like the booties, I have an old jacket I was going to do that with, it's on my never ending list of things to do.  I never thought about a t shirt sleep sak for the summer months.  What a great idea. (to do list gets longer) And that baby! Oh my goodness what a doll!  That kid has more hair than my 3 yo, 18m, and 3m old COMBINED! Love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn How To Draw Betty Boop
How To Draw The Moon
How To Draw A Cartoon Alien
How To Draw Saturn
How To Draw Cartoon Monsters
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...