A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
700 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pfaff 776 . . . anybody heard of it?  (Read 1953 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

StyxAndStones
« on: August 18, 2008 10:23:37 AM »

I'm curious as to whether or not it has differential feed.

I just took the most amazing course in how to use a serger over the weekend and now I want one. . . badly. But if there's no differential feed I don't think it'll be worth the investment for the way I plan to use it.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this Smiley

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/6/8/5/3/2/webimg/162762923_tp.jpg

« Last Edit: August 19, 2008 08:11:06 AM by jungrrl - Reason: Please do not hotlink images - thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a part of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect."--G. Carlin
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008 01:15:42 PM »

I found this list of features in a google search for "pfaff 776" on a sewing machine sales website
(in the uk)

PFAFF 776
3 Thread overlocking.
4 Thread overlocking.
Cover Hem.
Differential feed.
Cutting blades.
Adjustable stitch length.
Tension dials.
External controls.
Adjustable cutting width.
Roll Hem capability.
Narrow Hem capability.
Blind Hem capability.
Flat lock capability.
Piping capability.
Gathering capability.
Elastic capability.

There seem to be a lot of people asking questions about this machine in forums and such (lots of pfaff forums), and not a whole lot of information out there... not a single thing about them on the pfaff official site.
Personally I wouldn't buy a machine that I couldn't find anything out about online (since it's my go to source). 

Have you tried doing a craftster search for the machine?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StyxAndStones
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008 02:20:15 PM »

I did try the craftser search and came back empty handed. . . just thought maybe that particular model haven't been mentioned yet.

That list of stats is very helpful though. There is a pfaff dealer in town.. perhaps I should pay them a visit. Maybe this particular machine is more available in Europe or something, which is why a lot of the North American Pfaff-related sites don't have any info.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a part of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect."--G. Carlin
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008 02:32:08 PM »

I just did a quick craftster search too, but I also did one with "hobbylock 776" instead of "pfaff" and did find one post of someone who has one (the pfaff 776 is from the hobbylock series from what I could figure out looking around)... here's the link to their post, you could try messaging them, http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=34786.msg2828100#msg2828100.

I also did look at the UK pfaff site (and the global site) earlier and while they did have some different products they didn't mention this machine either...

I'm glad the list was helpful though.  And I would definitely check out the dealer if you have one locally.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ann35473
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013 11:35:26 AM »

I have one - purchased it new.  I love it. Have had it serviced a few times, but it still works great.  Have used it on all types of fabrics. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Color Blown Glass
Glory Hole Tips for Glass Blowing
How to Decorate Hand Blown Glass
Basic Pipe Blowing Skills
Tools for Glass Blowing
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...