A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,787
Currently Running With Scissors:
691 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 105
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: T4-Tea Towels Go International  (Read 68840 times)
Tags for this thread: embroidery , squirrel , deer  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
a right angle gone wrong

'once a square always a square'

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #900 on: November 11, 2008 09:09:38 AM »

their website is down but the designer of the stamps is Nicole Yost their website has been offline for a while so I'm not sure how you reach them now maybe Gina has an idea?  I will do some more checking later.

what I call understitching is stitching the back under my stitches...I do it with anything that is on unstable fabric (loose weave) to give it some stability.  I stitch my design and while it is still in the hoop I flip it over and using either the same color as the fabric or the floss weave another line of stitching through the stitching I just did...ideally if you were to insist on using this type of fabric it would be better to put a whole piece of fabric under the design to stablize it but since we are dealing with tea towels here this is my back-up method.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008 09:10:26 AM by rectangel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Going to Viva this year April 1-4!
« Reply #901 on: November 11, 2008 09:33:08 AM »

Thanks for the info! Smiley

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Head Counselor of Camp Crochet

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #902 on: November 11, 2008 11:19:15 AM »

I'm sorry I've been away from commenting - I had a family emergency and had to go home for a week, and just got back into town. Between that, my hip fracture, and my lost (but now found!) towel, this has been a drama-ridden swap, but I'm excited to get back to stitching.

There's been some beautiful work here while I was away! I'm constantly amazed, impressed, and inspired by you all.

Vote for the winner of Crochet Challenge 9, our first Stitch-Off! For this challenge, participants explored Shell Stitch. Vote here!

hee hee.

« Reply #903 on: November 11, 2008 11:36:25 AM »

She was going through some personal stuff. Let me see if i can get an idea as to when she will be back online.

I like making stuff. Rumor has it, I'm an elf. Like a Santa Elf, not one of those elegant LOTR types.  Mostly because I compulsively craft and partially because I have green shoes.
« Reply #904 on: November 11, 2008 01:49:47 PM »

rectangel ~ Miss Alberta looks stunning! I love all the Alberta referrences you mentioned and it's fun looking for the details in your stitching! Her heels are so cute and I love her eyes! The Calgary flames puck stitching is amazing!

timpani~jax ~ another fabulous finished towel!

antarcticraft ~ so glad to hear from you and I hope things will get back to normal for you! Our stitchin' group is pretty much back to normal now. Thanks for hanging in there!

« Reply #905 on: November 11, 2008 03:50:01 PM »

oh Rectangel ! what a beautiful job you did. You definitely captured so much of the Alberta Culture. I couldn't see the Chinook, although I guess you never can!!!!
And I heart Alberta beef too!
All the details are excellent, including the wild rose in her hair.
Thanks for the explanation of understitching - I should have done that on my BC girl - was she holding up by the time you saw it?
I don't recall 1boy1girl1kitty2's contribution, I'll have to go back and look for it.... Huh found it! sorry about that 1boy1girl...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008 12:32:39 PM by DancingBoots » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ankh-Morpork Knitters' Guild - Section Roundworld

« Reply #906 on: November 12, 2008 10:10:03 AM »

Here's what I added to Nannetta's towel:
(the design below the star is the constellation for virgo)
And here is my fabulous finished nautical towel! Prepare to be very jealous!

sewphie, i absolutely adore the star and constellation you added to my towel!! ~ it's BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank you so much!  Grin
i believe the mailman tried to deliver my towel today when i wasn't home so i'll probably have to pick it up at the post office ...   Roll Eyes i'm so happy i'll see all of our group's beautiful stitching in person soon!

rectangel, Alberta looks awesome!!!

"I happen to believe in beauty without cruelty." - Gytha Ogg, whilst wearing her very own LIVE tomcat GREEBO for an evening at the opera.

i <3 wisting!
« Reply #907 on: November 12, 2008 04:41:52 PM »

i got my towel a little while ago but havn't had the proper camera around till now!
anyways everyone's stitching is really awesome, i'm really impressed and so happy to have it!
if you want a high res full size photo of your work on my towel message me with you email addy!

« Reply #908 on: November 12, 2008 04:53:46 PM »

I binded or bond my tea towel.  It's hanging above my sewing machine wall.  I LOVE it so much.

« Reply #909 on: November 12, 2008 06:29:59 PM »

Beautiful towels ladies!

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 105 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
"The Wright Brothers" by David McCullough
The Narrative Structure of Frankenstein
Getting to Know Mary Shelley
A Change Me Prayer with Tosha Silver
Bethenny Frankel on Love and Relationships
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...