A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 105
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: T4-Tea Towels Go International  (Read 53983 times)
Tags for this thread: embroidery , squirrel , deer  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

~Glenda
« Reply #290 on: September 13, 2008 07:42:02 PM »

Wow, I really must start commenting as I read posts rather than waiting to come back and do it!!

Cupcakeguru the dress form is very cute love the colors you chose.

Lilyvanilli I suppose I should check out my wist list every so often Id totally forgotten I had that design on there LOL.

Timpani~jax I love the squirrel you stitched on Susies towel. Your friend has great drawing skills, and thats very nice she drew that for you.

Nannetta Aw, thats a really sweet compliment about the design I stitched on sew~amys towel. No, I didnt keep the design, actually I generally dont like stitching the same thing twice! Too many patterns, too little time  Wink.

Melyssa_marie Another adorable squirrel!!  The indian corn turned out great and is a nice, autumnish touch.

Ezri Your Wisconsin lass is beautiful and quite sassy. I just assumed she had on undergarments, but think its cute your hubby assumed she didnt  Wink.

Katchoo I love the color you chose for the dutch oven, and thank you for including a picture of the whole towel thus far Ive got my thinking cap on!!

Sewphie Your Louis Brooks is fabulous. I think faces are such a challenge, and hers turned out quite nice.

Binah Adorable design! I love the clothes drying on the clothes line.

Beetastic Your seahorse is so pretty - he's a beautiful color.

Rectangel Your sisters drawing is adorable, and I love your stitching. On the close-up pic of the kitty, what stitch did you use on the face? The ears look like split stitch, but Im not sure what the rest of the face outline stitching is. Whatever it is, I sure like the fuzzy-fur appearance it gives.

Gatsby I simply LOVE my green fairy!!! You were right, the gold works so much better with the green than silver would have.  Im so super happy with my towel and cant wait to get my hands on it to see the stitching up close and personal. Have fun at the party. Oh, where did you snag that design?

1boy1girl1kitty2 Im sorry to hear your little one is sick; that is so stressful. Hope you all get some rest tonight. Oh, I get my variegated floss at our local Hobby Lobby. They have a huge DMC display and 10 or 12 varieties of variegated floss that you can buy by the skien. Would you like me to snag you one skien of each and mail it to you??? If so, just PM me and I'll run by there this week.

Antarticraft I love your sassy gal! I just tried the stem stitch for the first time a day or two ago and love the end result. It looks very nice on your design.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008 07:43:44 PM by ~Glenda » THIS ROCKS   Logged

GatsbyGirl
Not a Knitter

"As for me, I am a watercolor. I wash off."

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 13, 2008 11:45:05 PM »

Gatsby I simply LOVE my green fairy!!! You were right, the gold works so much better with the green than silver would have.  Im so super happy with my towel and cant wait to get my hands on it to see the stitching up close and personal. Have fun at the party. Oh, where did you snag that design?

Hey ~Glenda, the fairy was from some clip art I found. I'll PM you more info.

Oh, and the rooster/chicken I did for Lilyvanilli was from a huge stack of vintage patterns I got off eBay, although I've also seen it on floresita's flicker pages too: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mytransfers/sets/72157594499848887/

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on Twitter | Facebook | Wists
~Glenda
« Reply #292 on: September 14, 2008 08:40:46 AM »

Oh, and the rooster/chicken I did for Lilyvanilli was from a huge stack of vintage patterns I got off eBay, although I've also seen it on floresita's flicker pages too: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mytransfers/sets/72157594499848887/

Thanks for the link, GatsbyGirl; there are some cute ones there! I get Lilyvanilli's towel last, so will see what gets added before then before I decide on a design. But I do have my eye on one design in particular at that link, if no one else chooses it  Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rectangel
a right angle gone wrong

'once a square always a square'

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #293 on: September 14, 2008 08:41:11 AM »

awesome pinup!  stem stitch is all about the tension when it works nothing beats it when it doesn't well let's just say I always check it as I go Wink
Rectangel the boy girl and kitty are adorable!!  Tell your sister that she really needs to start making embroidery patterns to sell!  Is she the one that drew my gingerbread cookie and milk?  If so I will definately buy more food patterns! Cheesy
I tell her all the time and yes she drew the cookie and milk too Wink

Rectangel Your sister's drawing is adorable, and I love your stitching. On the close-up pic of the kitty, what stitch did you use on the face? The ears look like split stitch, but I'm not sure what the rest of the face outline stitching is. Whatever it is, I sure like the fuzzy-fur appearance it gives.
you are right about the ears - when I'm stitching something small sometimes I just make it up as I go what I did to make the kitty look furry was stitch kind of perpendicular to the outline with space between my stitches (2 strands)...then I went back with another 2 strands of a different color and filled in where it needed more fur -it was an experiment Wink -blending the floss works well too but the kitty is little and would have looked funny with really thick fur (ie 3-4 strands).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Going to Viva this year April 1-4!
sewphie

embroidery addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #294 on: September 14, 2008 11:13:34 AM »

This is my contribution to IamSusies towel.The theme is nature/woodland/fall- I'd already started when I realised a young deer may not be right for 'fall' (although, how long do they stay looking like this for- I have no idea?) -I hope IamSusie isn't too mad at me. To compensate I stuck with an autumny palette and added some autumn leaves!
Here's a picture of he whole towel so you can see how it fits in:

ps antarticraft- that pinup is gorgeous- she has great lashes and rectangel the kitty is so cute, your sister did a great job there! And I love the green fairy Gatsbygirl, I wish someone would invite me to an absinthe party, it sounds so bohemian!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like my stuff? Why don't you come visit sometime?
http://sewphietom.blogspot.com
timpani~jax
« Reply #295 on: September 14, 2008 11:44:42 AM »

Wow sewphie your deer is beautiful. I love how you've stitched it's face, it looks so expressive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilyvanilli
« Reply #296 on: September 14, 2008 12:16:46 PM »

Great deer sewphie! Love the face and the spots!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Glenda
« Reply #297 on: September 14, 2008 01:52:33 PM »

sewphie, she's beautiful -- I think her eyes and nose are extra fabulously-done  Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

antarcticraft
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Head Counselor of Camp Crochet

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #298 on: September 14, 2008 03:17:05 PM »

Thanks, guys!

sewphie, the faun looks so lovely! The expression is really sweet, and it matches the rest of the towel perfectly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote for the winner of Crochet Challenge 9, our first Stitch-Off! For this challenge, participants explored Shell Stitch. Vote here!
Sewsew-a-Gogo
Faster, Pussycat! Sew! Sew!

I'll show ye.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: September 14, 2008 03:57:21 PM »

Awww... I love the little deer!  Deer always make me think of fall because that's when you have to watch for them on the road. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently taking a hiatus from swapping.  Sad

I've always wondered what disease cured ham had.

Wist Bandwagon
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 105 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jeans That Fit: Pear Shape
Jeans That Fit: Apple Shape
How to Look Older: Wardrobe
How to Make Your Own Baby Slogan T-Shirt
How to Look Younger: Wardrobe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...