A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,926
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: List wording ideas for etsy shop here & help each other out  (Read 1451 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tiltcreations
Mom Lady, Finder of lost toys and Ex-but-wanna-be-born-again Artist

voices in my head? yes, but they have good ideas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 17, 2008 06:26:38 PM »

I would like us to help each other out with what to write on etsy.
I had been looking around the etsy shop before I open for ideas and tips...there is a fair amount of start up advice. But the one thing I could not find was shop policy wording examples. I had no idea where to start, so I went to a bunch of shops, looked at their wordings and compiled a mesh of them.

Please add on some of your own to help out newbies...stuff for bios and home page would be nice too...

here are some I came up with...***warning - long list***
Shipping:
1. Items ship within 7 days of payment via USPS. Itemsover $20 or 1 lb. are shipped priority mail to allow for Delivery Confirmation (DC). Smaller items will be shipped first class. Please let me know if you would prefer priority mail for the DC.

2. I try to use reuse some shipping supplies to keep costs down and our world greener, so please don't be offended if you receive your items in a recycled package.

3. The buyer is responsible for any customs fees or taxes.
International buyers are responsible for any customs fees.

Payment:
1. At this time I can only accept payment through Pay Pal. Remember, it is free to sign up and their service is secure. Delivery cannot begin until payment has been received. If I have not received payment after three days, I will attempt to contact you before canceling your order.

Returns: **7 choices depending on yes/no returns**
1. There are strictly no refunds and exchanges for custom-made items and clearance sale items.

2. Your satisfaction is my first priority. If you have a problem with your purchase, please contact me within 30 days so I can either fix it or have it returned.

3.Please note that we will be unable to accept the return of any item where there is evidence of use such as staining, perfume, or smoke. The item must be returned in its original packaging with tags still attached and all enclosed documentation. Shipping charges will not be refunded and it is your responsibility to return the item to me in a timely fashion ?/? within 30 days. Please keep in contact during this process so I can serve you as best I can.
Please note that NO UNAUTHORIZED RETURNS WILL BE ACCEPTED. You must notify us and wait for our approval and instructions BEFORE shipping an item back to us.

4. We currently do not do any refunds, but will review it on a case-by-case basis. Please read the item descriptions carefully and ask me any questions you might have BEFORE you make your purchase. We will gladly replace any item that is not what you originally ordered or defective (damage due to no fault of ours by the USPS does not apply).

5. All sales are final if you have any questions please convo me before purchasing.

6. Please read the details of each listing before buying. If you have any questions about size, materials, etc... please feel free to ask. But......if you must....
**Returns may be made if I am contacted within 5 days of receipt. Items must be unused and undamaged. Shipping cost will not be refunded. Buyer is responsible for return shipping

7. If you are totally not happy, let's talk, I am here to listen and we can decide what to do.

plus...Please keep in mind that Shipping Fees are never refundable unless the mistake was on our part. If something is not right, email us immediately with the Subject Order Error' within 3 Days of receiving your order. quoting your order number, your name and address, details of the product and the reason for return. We will then advise you on how to proceed with the return and item replacement.
Please note that NO returns can be given where there is evidence of use such as staining, perfume, or smoke. Please keep all tags and any enclosed documentation.

- MISSING/DAMAGED ORDER -
Please make sure you feel comfortable with these terms before placing your order, as no replacements and no refunds can be made if an order is lost or damaged. However, if there is an error on my part (e.g. I ship the wrong item), I will pay for the return shipping and will correct the error immediately.

Please email us with the Subject Order Error' within 3 Days of receiving your order, or email us immediately if your order hasn't arrived after 4 weeks.

If you entered a wrong address at checkout and the package is sent back to us, we will ship it back as soon as you confirm with us your correct address (extra shipping fees may be required).

Additional Policies and FAQs:
1. At this time I am not taking custom orders as far as bag style goes, but if you see an item you like and just want a different color combo or fabric I would be happy to make it for you (an additional fee may be added depending on materials requested).
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008 10:14:49 PM by tiltcreations - Reason: dorky typo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovely_louise
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008 05:59:59 PM »

This is a really good idea, thanks! I don't have much to add as I am just writing my own policies before opening my shop next week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Two Cheese Please
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008 08:14:25 PM »

These are my shop policies. I've just copied and pasted from my etsy page - please use anything here that you agree with and want as your own shop policy! I don't care if you even cut and paste it into your own page if it'd help you get started Smiley

Another tip is to go and browse your favourite seller's shop policies and have a look at the kinds of things they have listed. It's important to make up policies that you can stick to and then stick to them!

Payment
♥ PAYMENT DEADLINES ♥
Everyone likes to get paid! Payment must be received within 3 days of placing your order. If I have not heard from you within 3 days, I will send you a friendly reminder note to see how things are going on your end. If payment is not received within 5 days of placing your order, the purchase will be cancelled.

I understand that the payment process can be a little tricky! If at any stage you need help or your situation changes, please don't hesitate to contact me. I am more than happy to walk you through the payment process or set up other methods of payment.

♥ TYPES OF PAYMENT ♥
For international buyers, I only take payment via Paypal. I also accept credit cards through Paypal. You do not need to open an account with paypal to use your credit card. Simply order through the shop, click on "pay with paypal" and enter your card info.

For Australian buyers, I accept Paypal or direct deposit. If you wish to pay via direct deposit please contact me after making your purchase and I will send you out the details.

Shipping
I always endeavour to have all items shipped within 2 days of receiving payment (excluding sundays). If you are ordering a custom, please allow 1-2 weeks "crafting time".

I will ship anywhere in the world that Australia Post will deliver to! If your country isn't listed, please contact me for shipping costs.

Postage in Australia is unfortunately expensive for anything thicker than 2cm, so I ship by economy air to keep my shipping costs as low as possible for you. Items shipped via this method usually take 1 week - 10 days to arrive. If you require a speedier method or insurance/delivery confirmation, please contact me before paying or leave a message in the "message to seller" box and I will send you a revised invoice.

I am also happy to combine shipping on multiple purchases. Please contact me before paying for a revised invoice, or to set up a special custom listing.

I always try to recycle like-new packaging where I can, but let me know if you prefer a brand new box.

♥ BUYING A GIFT? ♥
If your purchase is a gift, I am happy to mail it straight to the recipient. Please convo me or write in the "message to seller" if you want your item gift wrapped and please include your message for the gift-tag!

♥ INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMS ♥
Please be aware of your country's customs fees and regulations. I always fill out my customs declarations with the correct amount you paid, and will not classify the item as a "gift". Please note that buyers are responsible for any and all duties and customs charges that may be incurred.
Refunds and Exchanges
Unfortunately, due to the nature of customs, I am unable to accept refunds or exchanges unless the item is something I can reasonably relist. Refunds or exchanges on custom items will therefore be granted on a case-by-case basis.

I do accept returns and exchanges on regular items as long as contact is made within 7 days of receiving the item. All items must be shipped back in original condition at the buyer's expense. A refund (less original shipping costs) will be granted as soon as the package is received and inspected. If an exchange is desired, the buyer must pay additional shipping costs for the new item to be sent out.

Once I post an item, what happens to it is out of my control. I always pack your purchases securely and safely, and I have never yet had a problem with items being damaged or going missing during shipping. However, if such a problem arises, or your package never arrives, please contact me and we will try to work something out. My greatest concern is seeing you happy and satisfied!

Additional Policies and FAQs
♥ ALLERGIES ♥
All Two Cheese Please items come from a smoke-free home!

For those allergic to dogs: I do have two dogs, but they are poodles - this means they don't shed hair! They are also not allowed near anything I craft, so I feel confident that my items should be suitable for those who suffer from dog allergies, but if this is a concern to you please do contact me.

♥ BUYING FOR CHILDREN ♥
Please note that not all of my items are suitable for young children! You know your children best, so please keep them in mind when purchasing something that may have small parts.

♥ CUSTOM ITEMS ♥
I am always open to customs! It's one of my favourite things to sit down with someone and turn their ideas into reality! I would love to work with you to make your ideas come to life Smiley

♥ WHOLESALE & CONSIGNMENT ♥
Serious wholesale & consigment enquiries are welcome! Please contact me for more details.

♥ COPYRIGHT POLICY ON MY HAND-CARVED STAMPS ♥
All the stamps you see here are my designs, and as such are copyrighted. If you would like to use them for anything other than personal items (ie: anything that is to be sold), please contact me before hand. I do grant permission in most cases, providing you mention my name/shop in a line of credit in your listing.
If you need a stamp designed for use on items you are selling, I can do this. However, if you wish for your custom stamp to never be duplicated, there will be an additional fee to buy the exclusive rights of use to my design.
If the stamp is a design that you've provided, then obviously it will not be copyrighted to me, and you are of course free to use it however you please.

I hope this can help someone Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For more behind-the-scenes craft babble, stop by http://twocheeseplease.livejournal.com
Kornelia
Kanzashi artisan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010 09:49:05 AM »

Great idea! It will help me a lot Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hard Candy Take Me Out Blue Liner Review
Body Bronzing Spray Tutorial
Trainer Trials: Boxing Basics
4 Favorite Exfoliators
Expert Shares The Very Best Earth Friendly Beauty Products
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...