A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,550
Currently Running With Scissors:
317 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Teardrop Bowl, Sailorvenus Yunomi, Rainbow Egg, Mottled Hand  (Read 1034 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

oddacity
That's what she said.

Sometimes I make things.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 16, 2008 03:05:56 PM »

These are all pretty old. I used to take art lessons with a Japanese woman who lives in town (she went back to Japan for a while to take care of her father, and I haven't heard from her in about ten months, so I assume she is still there or came back to a big personal mess and couldn't really get back with me. I had a great time with her, and I really miss her, but she has her own issues to deal with), and towards the end was doing a lot of ceramics with her. I LOVE ceramics. I haven't done any in forever since our school started providing separate ceramics classes and clay projects were removed from the other classes, so I miss it a lot. T_T

Anyway, here are the things I made. The last one was made outside of my class, and all of them were glazed at school because my private art teacher's glazes were all dried up, lol. xD

I call this a "teardrop bowl" because I don't really have a better word for it. xD It's kind of teadrop shaped? I guess it's kind of inspired by a wave, though. My teacher asked me to draw out a concept on paper before I made it, and this is the first idea I had. It was much more dramatically shaped in my drawing.

My teacher wanted me to make something with a lid and a handle, so I made this. I spent ages and ages and ages making it as perfect as I could. xD It's basically just a yunomi (handle-less Japanese teacup) with a lid added on as an afterthought. I didn't glaze it for a while, but decided to do Sailor Venus as I LOVE the little graphics from the Official Sailormoon Channel website. SO CUTE. I just traced it. The characters beside her read "Aino Minako"

The "assignment" here was to make a hollow ball of clay w/paper inside for structure. Again, I glazed this forever after I made it and the concept was random. I love rainbows, so HERE WE ARE. The front reads Rainbow (Er, Reinbo) in Katakana, and the back reads "Hajimemashite," Japanese for "Nice to meet you," in Hiragana. There is no significance to me writing hajimemashite, just that it's the only word I can write in hiragana (because I am horrible at memorizing the characters!)

This one is kind of my pride and joy...my teacher gave me some clay to just have, and I decided to undertake the epic project of making this hand based on a very stylistic drawing I had done some time before. There was originally a 3-inch or so wrist, but OH YES the damn thing exploded in the kiln. I was DEVASTATED. Luckily the hand survived. I decided to turn it into a 3D depiction of Samara from the American remake of The Ring, crawling from the television, complete with a for realz gutted television, but this idea has yet to come into fruition (I am lazy). Anyway, it's got that glaze because I thought it could work for er...Samara's waterlogged flesh. Ugh, I know. hahaha

THANKS FOR LOOKING! :]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008 03:09:02 PM by oddacity » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love all things shiny, glittery, and colorful.

I hang out in: Fiber Arts, Needlework, and the Swap Board!

My Etsy: Illumine Artisan Works
fusbdgt
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008 08:59:19 PM »

These look great they look like you put in a lot of time an pride in the projects.  Keep at it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty gurll
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008 06:19:51 PM »

I really like the 1st piece, great shape!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Introduction to Adobe After Effects - Overview
Grass Text Effects
How To Create A Masked Image in iWork Pages
How to Create and Color Objects in Illustrator Lesson 3
How to Create and Color Objects in Illustrator Lesson 2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...