A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,061
Currently Running With Scissors:
653 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 4 Shirts: Sailormoon, Old Gregg's Love Games, TARDIS (sort of), Scissor Sisters  (Read 1992 times)
Tags for this thread: mighty_boosh , tv  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

oddacity
That's what she said.

Sometimes I make things.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 16, 2008 02:28:47 PM »

The Image Reproduction Techniques Forum is way too flippin' quiet! I plan to change this. I'm concentrating on shirt designs in AP Studio Art: 2-D Design this year, so YOU BETTER WATCH OUT!

Over the summer in AP Studio Art our assignment was to do four pieces. As I am a lazy ass, I did three of my four projects on Thursday and Friday. School starts Tuesday. Do the math! xD We weren't required to do them in our concentration (we don't even have to know what that is yet, but I have picked mine already because I am SUCH A BADASS), but I did, so there. I needed to make sure I was pretty comfortable with freezer paper, although I recently bought some photo emulsion for a project I did with some friends (maybe I will post this later), so I shall probably be returning to my first and one true love a couple of times over the year. :]

My first design. The idea to do a picture of Sailor Moon in some cool pose and sans outlines just kind of came to me one day, and this is what I came up with. I had a much cooler looking pose in my mind, but my drawing skills are sub par when it comes to perspective and dynamic poses and such, so this the closest thing I could muster up to what was in my head (senshistock on deviantART is my best friend). Obviously she is based on newschool PGSM-style Moon which dearest Naoko has given pink instead of red on her fuku. :] I am considering making this a series, doing the rest of the inner senshi in this same style.

I originally made this one for my swap partner in The Mighty Boosh Swap round 5, but remade it for myself. (The one in the picture is the one I sent to my swap partner) The original idea I had was to do Old Gregg's tutu, legs, and boots, but when I started drawing it out, not only was I confronted with the fact that I can't draw masculine legs, but what I was sketching just seemed bizarre and somehow vaguely sexual. I dunno, lol. So I just did his boots. I regret that there isn't much significance to the boots and the phrase "Love Games" but there you go. You can just barely make out the pearlescent pigment I dusted over "Love Games." I did this on the boots too, but for whatever reason when I washed the shirt the ink flaked off on the boots, and I didn't reapply the pigment when I repainted it. The remake I did for myself is doubly shiny though. xD

I wanted to do a Doctor Who themed shirt, since I am absolutely obsessed with that show, and figured the TARDIS would be good subject matter. I considered doing a picture of the thing itself, but I didn't feel like drawing it out and didn't want to use the stencil I've seen around the net a few times, since I'm supposed to be doing this for art class so I should be coming up with my own design. I started thinking about what TARDIS stands for, "Time And Relative Dimensions In Space," but that would look lame on a shirt. So instead I started thinking of a phrase that I could pull the letters of TARDIS from, and eventually this is what my brain created. It's not particularly significant, just there so it makes a little sense and you can see the letters T-A-R-D-I-S. My dad, though, saw the shirt after I made it and asked, "What is that a quote from?" Upon hearing that it was just something I made up willy-nilly, he was rather impressed and called it "poetry." Word. xD

I am rather obsessed with Scissor Sisters at the moment...I recently downloaded "Ta-Dah" and would say I have easily listened to it about 20 times on repeat whilst crafting in the past week...I'm addicted. So thus I had to make myself a shirt. This is simple, I just pulled a B&W image of their logo of the 'net and mixed some white ink with pearlescent pink pigment. Then layered oodles more pigment on top. SHINY!!! This obviously isn't for art class, just for fun.

So there you go, another one of my novels. :] Expect many more from me over the next year!

Thanks for looking! :]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008 02:34:09 PM by oddacity » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist: here
Blog: Oh, Purl-ease.

I love all things shiny, glittery, and colorful.

I say yes to ATC trades!

I hang out in: Knitting, Crochet, Fiber Arts, and the Swap Board!
aliceownsj00
werd homie.

Life's grand, aint it?

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008 02:38:55 PM »

Omg I'd so wear that sailor moon shirt (Make Sailor Uranus, she's my favorite u.u!)

Haha Old Greg, I'd seen it on youtube and didn't know it was from Mighty Boosh (I can't find any BBC shows anymore.)

Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pandaz
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008 02:41:48 PM »

Grin i LOVE scissor sisters!!

hence my glasses:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=247144.0

i love their logo, its so awesome to see someone else craft them as well  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008 02:43:19 PM »

I also lubs me some Sailormoon. Good job on everything. They look superb.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
Atellix

I'm not obsessed. I'm excessively enthusiastic.

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008 03:04:09 PM »

OMG, TARDIS! As soon as I read it, I had a fit. And Scissor Sisters? That's brilliant. How do you do that? It's flippin' amazing!

I too just got into the 'Ta Dah' album recently. Do you have the 2 disc? It's got some extra songs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
oddacity
That's what she said.

Sometimes I make things.

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008 03:19:56 PM »

Omg I'd so wear that sailor moon shirt (Make Sailor Uranus, she's my favorite u.u!)

I might just, we'll see! I'll let you know if I do, I'd definitely be willing to sell some. :]

OMG, TARDIS! As soon as I read it, I had a fit. And Scissor Sisters? That's brilliant. How do you do that? It's flippin' amazing!

I too just got into the 'Ta Dah' album recently. Do you have the 2 disc? It's got some extra songs.

Nah, I wish I did. I downloaded it from iTunes, the only extra song it has is "Transistor." I'll probably end up downloading the other extras sometime though. ^^

Thanks for the comments guys!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist: here
Blog: Oh, Purl-ease.

I love all things shiny, glittery, and colorful.

I say yes to ATC trades!

I hang out in: Knitting, Crochet, Fiber Arts, and the Swap Board!
RachelKristin
rude crude & tattooed

Vulgarity is my specialty

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008 07:36:56 PM »

so awesome! love them all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Tumblr page
http://rachelkristin.tumblr.com/

Check out my Etsy store to purchase some of my work!
http://rachelmckay.etsy.com

Do you Twitter? Follow me!
http://twitter.com/JigsawYouth

My Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rachelmckay/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Foolproof Way to Perfect Winged Liner!
Fast Fall Beauty Fixes
Crazy Beauty Trends: Celebrity Grills, Mushroom Wigs, and Baby Bangs
1920s Flapper Makeup Halloween How-To
Best Eye Makeup Removers
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...