Ok, so after many years of owning the stuff to attempt resin I finally got around to mixing some up. I don't know why, but I was expecting a horrible smell and some smoke even though I was outside
I didn't smell a thing and it was a really hot day so they even cured pretty quickly (ten hours instead of 24) I did have to use the freezer method and there were some mess ups, But for a first attempt I am going to call it a success! Here are the photos you have been waiting for.
In the mold, yep it looks like a mess but I did it all outside so there was little clean up. I thought I would not have enough resin but I even managed to have some extra
Just a little bubble.
My two favorites in the mold.
And ten hours later...
The ones that survived that I liked (they all came out of the molds)
Some of my favorites, air bubbles and all.
This one has glitter on/in the back.
I was afraid they would not come out clear because one of my bottles of the resin stuff (I think the catalyst side, I am not sure, it is an equal part epoxy mixture) was yellow and I thought it was from how old the bottles were. But they came out clear as ever! The mixture cleared up as I was stirring it. So Just dive in, the resin is fun XD
I am not quite sure what I am going to do with these just yet, but I have seen some amazing stuff around here.