A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,173
Currently Running With Scissors:
380 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Glass Picture Marble Bracelet  (Read 106357 times)
Tags for this thread: marble_magnet , flat_glass_marble , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ylva
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2005 03:02:22 AM »

I just love this idea!
I couldn't get hold of any braclet thingy to glue my marbles to, so I just glued them onto thin wire, and glued a pice of fabric to the back. it's not as professional-looking, but it is much cheaper  Grin

This is how the finished braclet came out:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011 05:19:46 AM by TheSapphireMoon - Reason: fix -med issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just because I, at the moment of creation, cant see the message in my works, does not necessarily mean there is no message. - Salvador Dal
jojo9

meet my charming friend, the monkey gentleman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2005 02:58:19 AM »

**Edit** : Oh, and one more question, anyone know where I can find those 'droplets' to buy?  I know I can use the glass marbles, but I was hoping to find more of thos plastic droplet thingies just by themselves (sometimes I don't need the whole kit!)

they have got some the same or at least similar at artchixstudio.com.  They're called 'clear page pebbles' and they've got them in different shapes and sizes. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Welder of Fire

You want me to wear...WHAT?!?!?!?!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2005 02:08:52 PM »

To cool not to do. Wink  Off to find the stuff. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can't spell, so deal. =^_^=
RachOfTheJungle
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2005 08:13:50 PM »

OK I have  ideas for those of us who can't find the bracelet findings and/or don't feel like ordering them online...

*FOR A PENDANT: make it 2-sided! Take 2 marbles and 2 pictures, glue them back to back with an eyepin between them... then fill the "valley" between them with glue then sprinkle glitter on it for a finished look...

*FOR SLIDER BEADS: Glue the marble on top of a thin disk bead

FOR A "LINK": Sandwich an eyepin(with ends sticking out) between the marble and a coin (penny?), and make a loop in the other end of the eyepin to finish

Off to try it, will post pics of my attempts...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rockin' knitting shirts I designed:

http://www.cafepress.com/stitchnsnitch
Coyotelady
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2005 02:22:55 PM »

I couldn't find any bracelet forms so I decided to try pendants.  Thanks for the inspiration.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
crumpet13
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2005 07:06:40 AM »

hey! Shocked  To original poster and everyone else!!!!!

1) what glue do u use (I heard Weldbond is the best- not as fumy)  and also, 2)  I've been using super glue (bad idea, eh?) All it does is glue the glass marble to the magnet but it makes the pic come out blurred (ink runs) and sucky!  Any suggestions?  Does the glue u use not make the ink run/keeps it clear?

One more thing....Where do you get the clear glass marbles?  I could only find the ones that are clear "lustre" (so the pic has a slight "glare"/irridescent shine and I don't want that!)  Help please!

Thanks!!!! Cheesy

« Last Edit: October 21, 2006 10:29:45 AM by crumpet13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please Quote me whenever you PM me! (so I can see the last message I sent to you)!!! thanks

*I love personal swaps
carlyleech
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2005 03:46:42 PM »

hey! Shocked  To original poster and everyone else!!!!!

1) what glue do u use (I heard Weldbond is the best- not as fumy)  and also, 2)  I've been using super glue (bad idea, eh?) All it does is glue the glass marble to the magnet but it makes the pic come out blurred (ink runs) and sucky!  Any suggestions?  Does the glue u use not make the ink run/keeps it clear?

One more thing....Where do you get the clear glass marbles?  I could only find the ones that are clear "lustre" (so the pic has a slight "glare"/irridescent shine and I don't want that!)  Help please!

Thanks!!!! Cheesy

Everyone: u can also e-mail me at melongloss@yahoo.com

Glue:  E6000   - It's really thick and the pictures only run (sometimes) if they are printed off a computer.  But I only had a few printed ones run; the rest were fine.  And I bought clear glass marbles at Wal-Mart!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A grass-blade's no easier to make than an oak."
                  -James Russell Lowell
HardCandy
« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2005 10:07:51 AM »

will try the e6000- i use glue  for mosaics, it's clear and it holds but it smells really bad, and plus i've had problems with it getting weaker over the years.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shes Automatic
« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2005 08:35:23 PM »

those are really nice, i want to make a bracelet with pooh bear characters. except, whats vellum?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You're the metaphors I can't create to comprehend this curse that I call love..
Bobolink
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2005 04:52:24 PM »

Here are my bracelets.

Thanks so much to everyone on this thread for the great idea! When I started using craftster about 2 months ago I only knit, now I've been so inspired by what I can make I've taken up all these other crafts.
My wallet's not too happy though... Oh well at least my credit card companies are Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
10 Bands Named After Food
10 Biggest Selling Hip-Hop Acts In US History
10 One-Hit Wonders
Singing Voice
How Standup Comedian Advances a Career
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...