A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,195
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Glass Picture Marble Bracelet  (Read 103721 times)
Tags for this thread: marble_magnet , flat_glass_marble , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

OhSoRetroDarling

rummaging for answers in the pages

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 01, 2006 03:06:09 PM »

these are so much fun!! I love how yours is on a chain...did you just glue the beads to a peice of chain? or on they on something else ya cant see in the pics?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creative thinking may mean simply the realization that theres no particular virtue in doing things the way they always have been done.
kikigirl
Einstein was hot when he was young

Let's dance! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: September 16, 2006 04:09:09 PM »

Hi,
I love this idea with the pebble bracelets.. I made something similar using pebble charms but soldered a ring to them. The pictures are not so great as there is a shine to them but they can be seen under the jewelry catagory. My loving boyfriend helped me upload them to my blog.
they can be seen along with other crafty stuff at http://scientificexplorergirl.blogspot.com. Tambourine
Girl!  You HAVE to get some better pictures...your jewelry is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wilkin97
« Reply #192 on: September 24, 2006 08:06:32 PM »

OK, so I have finally read through ALL of the posts, there are SOOO many places to buy these bracelets, but some DONT look like the end result, how is that possible!

I Cant find ANYTHING on Ornamental Resources website at ALL...(it's confusing, What exactly do I look under? title) I found stuff on the Klutz website, I just want to make sure I know what I'm getting.

I am planning on making a bunch of bracelets for Christmas, so BULK is what I need. Anyone else ordered bulk & got a great price?

Do you glue the marbles with E6000 right into the metal forms?

I totally love these & have been looking for the braclets for MONTHS! I hope I can find them for a good price SOON!

THANKS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
polkadotdog
« Reply #193 on: September 26, 2006 11:22:00 PM »

I second the question about photo sizing....did you shrink your comic photos?  If so, how do you know what size to go to, and did you print them on photo paper or regular?  Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want something sparkly and fun??  Click here!!   www.polkadotdog.etsy.com

Looking for some original and unusual art?  Here's some!  www.artbystu.etsy.com
OhSoRetroDarling

rummaging for answers in the pages

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2006 07:21:57 AM »

gee I never even thought of shrinking or printing out...I just used the comics from the paper as they were when I made some. I used modge podge to seal them.

anybody else have a good sealer they're used for this kind of stuff??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creative thinking may mean simply the realization that theres no particular virtue in doing things the way they always have been done.
quikroxy85
« Reply #195 on: November 13, 2006 09:21:01 PM »

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE these!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mully4235
« Reply #196 on: December 02, 2006 10:57:59 PM »

Are the bracelets from Klutz any good or to they seem cheap?  I'd like to make a few for gifts this Christmas, but I'm undecided between the Klutz ones and these  http://www.marketworks.com/StoreFrontProfiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sfid=77928&c=495893&i=11996008      I don't know which would be better quality.  The klutz ones are cheaper in price
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #197 on: December 03, 2006 08:40:31 AM »

I have some Klutz ones...I bought the refill kit online and it came with 4 bracelets that have 6 discs each. The thing that makes them on the cheap side, I think, is the fact that the little flat "marble" pieces are plastic, not glass. They do fit in the bracelets perfectly, though.

But, of course, you could subsititue the flat glass "marbles" instead! I also bought the book (which comes with 2 bracelet blanks) and I'm giving my friend's 3 daughters the book with an extra bracelet and all of the little plastic circles that came in the refill kit (plus some flat glue dots). I figure that, if they want, they can change the look of the bracelet because they'll have extra parts.

Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
mully4235
« Reply #198 on: December 03, 2006 10:49:52 AM »

So the smaller glass marbles fit the klutz ones?  I have some small ones that I got from either the dollar store or walmart that I was going to use if I bought the other bracelets (that is if they'll even fit -i'm so bad at figuring out sizes).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #199 on: December 03, 2006 04:10:33 PM »

The smaller glass marbles are not perfectly round, so they don't really fit anything perfectly. I think they sort of rest on the rim of the round flat part. You could try to pick out the roundest ones and go with those.

If you do get the Klutz ones and the glass ones don't fit the way you want them to, at least you'll have a bunch of plastic pieces that do fit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Baked Beans
How to Make Crabmeat Au Gratin
How to Make Sour Cream Waffles
How to make Ingles Prairie Chicken
Grilled Redfish Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...