A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,578
Currently Running With Scissors:
756 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: peanut butter & nutella brownies!  (Read 2294 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AshleyBee
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008 08:39:28 PM »

I was so excited to make these...but my end result looked nothing like yours and tasted nothing like yours sounds.  Embarrassed
My brownies are very thin. I used a 9x13 as in your directions but I think I could have used a smaller dish. I also made a few subs. so I don't know if that changed my brownies as well. I use 60% vegetable spread instead of the stick of butter and I used splenda instead of sugar.
I'm putting them in the fridge to hopefully get them chewy or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cardiganweather!
coffee: go swig or go home.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008 09:28:59 AM »

I was so excited to make these...but my end result looked nothing like yours and tasted nothing like yours sounds.  Embarrassed
My brownies are very thin. I used a 9x13 as in your directions but I think I could have used a smaller dish. I also made a few subs. so I don't know if that changed my brownies as well. I use 60% vegetable spread instead of the stick of butter and I used splenda instead of sugar.
I'm putting them in the fridge to hopefully get them chewy or something.

oh no i'm sorry you didn't have much luck making these!  Sad
I used a 9x13 dish or thereabouts and my brownies ended up being about 1 & 1/2 inch thick. I don't have experience using the veggie spread but I have found that splenda, although it's a lot healthier, makes things less sweet AND less moist.  Plus peanut butter in itself acts as a drying agent so maybe that combines with the two subs made it not so chewy? I wish I had better answers for you...hopefully the fridge time will do the trick.  If not, heat 'em up with a drizzle of hershey syrup, add a scoop of icecream, and you won't even know the difference!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AshleyBee
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008 04:10:18 PM »

Thanks!  Smiley Thats what I get for trying to mess with a baking recipe. LOL  My brownies are so dry that sticking them in the fridge didn't do anything. I'll add some toppings though like you suggested because I don't want to throw them out. BUT---I will attempt to do these again...this time exactly like your recipe. haha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AllieStar
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008 12:13:47 AM »

My hubbie and I made these last night, and we are STILL munching down on them! They're so good! We used all the ingredients that were listed in your recipe and they turned out great (although we did take our brownies out of the oven earlier at 20-25mins, and they passed the toothpick-test!).

Thanks SO much for the recipe, and yummmm... Nutella! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coffee. myspace. cupcakes. flickr. embroidery.
NEW! my crafty blog >> ice pink stars!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008 05:01:01 AM »

Oh gosh!  I NEED these! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
cardiganweather!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008 05:53:47 AM »

My hubbie and I made these last night, and we are STILL munching down on them! They're so good! We used all the ingredients that were listed in your recipe and they turned out great (although we did take our brownies out of the oven earlier at 20-25mins, and they passed the toothpick-test!).

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3153/2783729212_1a6dca080d.jpg[/img]

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3189/2782875963_fc40a6ee46.jpg[/img]

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3170/2783729438_c4bd896bd7.jpg[/img]

Thanks SO much for the recipe, and yummmm... Nutella! Cheesy

oh gosh, yours look so good too! glad you made them and that they turned out well  Smiley oh the endless joys of nutella...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008 05:54:17 AM by sweets4ever - Reason: Please don't quote images. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

astormorray
I love looms.

just spin the yarn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008 06:19:07 AM »

I've been looking at your recipe (sounds amazing!) and I have a question - you add all your ingredients together, save the peanut butter and nutella, and then the next part of the recipe says to mix the peanut butter and nutella and chocolate together, but there is no chocolate, per say, listed in the ingredients.  so, is there or is there not additional chocolate?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008 07:14:23 AM »

tempted... looking... thinking... how sweet are these things? Ive never had a brownie in my life (pick your jaws up people, I live in NZ, have you ever had a hangi?) and these look good... but I get really sick if I consume too much sugar, so how sweet are these?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
cardiganweather!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008 09:00:57 AM »

I've been looking at your recipe (sounds amazing!) and I have a question - you add all your ingredients together, save the peanut butter and nutella, and then the next part of the recipe says to mix the peanut butter and nutella and chocolate together, but there is no chocolate, per say, listed in the ingredients.  so, is there or is there not additional chocolate?

ah, no, my apologies, that is just a typo on my part. my wishful thinking of adding even more chocolate to the recipe  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cardiganweather!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008 09:02:22 AM »

tempted... looking... thinking... how sweet are these things? Ive never had a brownie in my life (pick your jaws up people, I live in NZ, have you ever had a hangi?) and these look good... but I get really sick if I consume too much sugar, so how sweet are these?

they actually aren't as sweet as most brownies. the peanut butter does a really good job of balancing that out. if sugar is an issue, i would definitely recommend these before other recipes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Granny Squares
Creative Birthday Card Styles
Creative Wrapping Paper Styles
How to Read Crochet Patterns
How to Triple Crochet
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...