A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,053
Currently Running With Scissors:
821 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Want What I Can't Craft Swap (Round 2) SIGNUPS CLOSED Sendouts 10/10  (Read 18071 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

instantkarma
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2008 08:54:15 AM »

KWIM = Know what I mean...I think. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On a swapping hiatus due to college...

http://www.wists.com/cherryxantacids
Riechan
~What is this feeling?~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2008 11:04:51 AM »

oh okay ^^ such a noob at abbreviation...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RubyRain
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2008 12:19:52 PM »

KWIM = Know what I mean...I think. Cheesy

yep!

I'm waiting for feedback on a swap then I'll have a space open.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homeschooling mama of 4 kidlets.

Mamahood is not for wimps!
Riechan
~What is this feeling?~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2008 06:26:39 AM »

LoL I'm just looking at this thread so much as if the days go faster by -_-"
if you don't understand the previous sentence I don't blame you XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SciFunk
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2008 04:08:12 PM »

All signed up! Here are the things I can do:
Beading
Resin
Baking
Sewing
Knitting
Crochet (including some amigurumi)

And here's a little more in depth blurb about each of them:
-Resin! I make pendants and magnets mostly, but I've been looking to get a bangle mold for a while now. The technique is the same, I think--once you figure out how to get it to cure properly, you're set.
-I love making bead things: loom woven stuff and those charm/noisy bracelets are my favorite.
-I'm not sure how I could do baking in the swap because I'm afraid any fancy cute things I send would just get messed up. I had to put it in, though, as it's one of my favorite "crafts". I could definitely do a kit for this one--recipes, useful baking tools to have on hand, etc. I guess I could make a package that way, and maybe craft some sort of useful baking thing (like an apron?)
-I love sewing. I can't make big fancy complicated stuff (like incredibly intricate costumes), but I can definitely figure out how to make things from a tutorial/pattern. Sometimes I can even just throw stuff together.
-I've been knitting for a few years now, but haven't done anything huge or complicated. I can do scarves, blankets, hats, and using the internet I can sometimes figure out patterns. If someone wanted to learn knitting, I could definitely teach them the basics. Same goes for crochet, but I can do basic amigurumi as well (certainly enough to make an amigurumi kit).

I am very excited to be partnered up! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

I've kissed alot of frogs - only found 1 prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2008 06:40:17 PM »

I'm still on the fence about this swap but thought if I posted my list of can do can't do maybe you would help me to decide wether I am in or out Smiley

what I can make:

crocheted and knitted items (simple knits are more my thing as I have short attention span, but I do cables and lace knitting it's more I don't do big items lol) I don't use icky feeling yarns because my skin is sensitive to texture, and I can't imagine spending that much time making something that no one wants to touch when it's done.  Crochet I do free form or by visual reference (I don't follow patterns but can make pretty much anything) I like making pieces that are funky and slightly unusual or unexpected I can make cozys, dishcloths, hats, scarves, fingerless gloves, headbands, purses/handbags, plant holders, etc... (Intermediate/Advanced depending on the project)

artistic resin pendants/baubles/trinkets (I don't want to make what we see everywhere, I want them to be special, no candy sprinkles for me!!!) (expert)

glass etching from simple to heavily intricate pieces (expert)

beaded jewelry, artistic shrinkydink jewelry, I like to make intricate and delicate pieces (expert)

polymer clay sculpture I have preference towards making foods but really I can sculpt just about anything I set my mind to (expert)

sewn items (I've been sewing my entire life, longer than I actually have memory of) This is likely my strongest craft, but as of lately it is far from my favorite lol. I prefer making things that aren't to be worn as I'm very particular about body measurements and I don't figure I can take them in person for a swap lol. but bags, wallets, cozy's, organizers, etc... are all fair game (expert)

paintings/drawings (I don't know that I can paint on request but i do love to paint and if inspiration strikes it's great, if I force it, typically it ends up sucking) (Intermediate/advanced)

handpoured candles (advanced)

woodworking (I'm getting a new scroll saw for my birthday! and I couldn't be more excited!!!) (advanced)

Miniatures 1/12th scale to 1/3 scale miniatures I love making little things and can make them from a variety of different mediums. (expert)

Barbie makeovers (fairies, disco queens, goth/punk girls, and pretty much anything in between) (advanced)

handmade soaps though I'm out of lye at the moment Tongue (intermediate)

homemade perfumes, lipbalms, bathsalts, bathmilks (advanced)

recon crafts (record crafts, crafts from recycled magazines, newspaper, jewelry box recons, etc...) (intermediate)

stenciled shirts, bags, etc... (intermediate)

Paper crafts (handmade cards, journals, books, etc...) (Intermediate)

stamp making, I have lots of fun with this but it is an intermediate craft for me Smiley  pictures are easier for me than text lol (intermediate)

Things I can't do (not from lack of desire but from lack of access to materials or supplies)

fused glass - would love some dainty delicate and artistic pieces

handspun yarn and/or a spinning kit

pottery - I'd like some artistic pieces to hang on my wall

needle felting kit I want to try this badly

stained glass pieces - again would love some artistic and/or funky pieces for my home

paintings/drawings/watercolors/pen&inks - Yes I can paint, but I want art in my home that someone else created because I love the emotion evoked in other peoples work. It makes me all gooey inside lol.  Would kill for some 7" x 7" square art that I could mount into these frames I have (each as 3 openings and I have 4 of them). I'd really love trees or drawings of my family

Quilts or crocheted blankets (made from uber soft acrlyic or other yarns)  I'm not a quilter and blankets aren't really my thing to make with crochet or knitting Lap size is ok I'm just eternally cold, or even fun patchwork pillows to go on my little ikea sofa in the game room. 

woven items would be fun too I bought a loom recently but haven't really played with it at all

hand knitted socks, I really suck at making 2 of anything that are the same (must love the refusal to use patterns, it makes it hard to do things like this)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is what you make it - make it art & make it beautiful
CamOovas
Don't drink and craftster.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2008 09:09:01 PM »

I'm still on the fence about this swap but thought if I posted my list of can do can't do maybe you would help me to decide wether I am in or out Smiley

Well I, for one, know that if you sign up I will be jumping all over the place trying to get you to be my partner!

I'm not kidding either.... don't make me beg.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nevaehyeknom
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2008 02:44:22 PM »

I'm not able to officially join the swap until the sixth, but I can't wait!  I'm hoping to make some kind of blanket for someone for sure, beyond that we'll see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
baa-me-chick

I'm completely barmey!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2008 03:35:04 PM »

I'd really love to join this swap but i'm a little concerned that i'm not able to match up to the rest of you. You all seem SOOOO skilled & i'm worried that there would be nothing that i could offer that any of you would want.

So i'm testing the waters here before i send in my questionaire....... ........

My best talent is bead jewellery (earrings, bracelets, necklaces brooches)........a little wire work jewellery.......... ......Altered/handmade jounals, these can be for writing or created for art journaling......... .........sets of notecards or sentiment cards( birthday, get well, thankyou, hello, Happy Mother's/Father's day mixture............ ....mini scrapbooks ready to put in pics & journalling........ ....altered items( maybe decorated clocks, clipboards for shopping/to do lists, candles )  I can knit long scarves but that's as far as the knitting goes & my needlework skills are in the very very novice stage.

Please give me feedback & let me know if it would be worth me putting in my questionaire!
Thanks folks xxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hugs'n'Stuff
Nicki xx

Destash - along
50 projects 2012

I love personal swaps:-)

My Wists  - http://wists.com/baa-me-chick
elmpixie
I need my hat, but not for my head...

Four's Treble

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2008 04:08:28 PM »

just send in your questionairre! i'm sure there will be someone who wants beaded stuff...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST
BLOG

Couture
Bag with a plan
Wearables
Wall-E
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Watertown South Dakota County Fair
The Relish Cooking Show Watertown
Different Nut Butter Spreads
Southern Heritage BBQ Restaurant
The Relish Cooking Show Dublin Georgia
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...