A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,721
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paper for Inkjet for Photo Greeting Cards?  (Read 348 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ixodid
« on: February 11, 2009 08:30:25 AM »

I need to make good-quality photo greeting cards and I was hoping to use my inkjet printer. Does anyone know of paper that is glossy or semi-glossy on one side and the other side can be written on that is made for an inkjet printer? I'm having a lot of trouble finding information on such on the Web.

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lucybug33
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009 03:43:33 PM »

I do!
 Wink
I used to have an inkjet and I used paper made by Avery & HP, mostly. They have a semi-gloss if I recall correctly. Inkjet ink doesn't dry very quickly, especially on photo-type papers so you'll have to be very careful not to smudge them and don't do in batches. I've had some stick together and ruin each other. If you have an Office Max nearby they carry most of the HP and Avery lines, and they have a frequesnt buyer card now too. I was surprised to find they have some scrapbook supplies too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewHelpMe
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009 04:33:43 AM »

I've used HP and Avery papers, too, and they work great.  I also bought some Kirkland brand 8-1/2 x 11 photo paper at Costco, and it works just as good as either of those.  A 150-sheet pack was $17. 

The backs of all of these papers are "write-able", but they're kind of slick--I don't think you could use a ball-point pen, but a Sharpie or felt-tip would work. 

Not sure if this is something you'd consider, but rather than write directly on the back of the actual photo, I print my photos 5x7 (2 per sheet), trim them down with a Fiskar's paper trimmer and adhere them to a 10x7 piece of cardstock I fold in half.  Well, really, I usually trim the photos down a little smaller than 5x7 so I can mat them with black cardstock for a really nice touch.  You could just cut a 5x7 piece of cardstock rather than having a folded card. 

HTH!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lucybug33
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009 09:16:39 AM »

good ideas  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Watercolor Painting Techniques
How to Paint with Acrylics
Graffiti Expert Paes 164
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter Z
How to Draw Etou Misaki from Dragon Crisis
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...