This is my first time posting on this sub-boardy, loving all the ideas here! Thought I'd share my patio chairs I re-upholstered. Even though they didn't turn out perfect, I'm really happy with them and thought it might inspire others to see something old with new eyes. And I never would have been able to afford actual wrought iron on my budget...
Here is the picture from the craigslist listing. I got them for $20 total.
Here is the during picture in my garage with one of the backs missing. The weird lines are from the picture re-sizing, not the chair fabric itself.
It was a tougher project then I imagined. I wish I only had to do the seat, not the back too. The back required actually sewing. The seat only staples. I decided to rip out all the old staples to salvage the wood and springly wire stuff. It took forever. And I about tore up my thumb once when removing a staple with a screwdriver. Drove the screwdriver into my thumb nail. It's months later and almost healed. Lesson: Be Careful!
Also, the craft foam is so much more expensive than you'd think. I reused what was still good and only bought what I had to. Still expensive. And there wasn't an outdoor fabric at JoAnns I was in love with, so I got the cheapest they had. But I kinda ended up liking it more than I thought. I think the red goes well with the black wrought iron.
But what you want, the after pics! Outside on my "patio." Now I only need a table. lol
Thanks for looking!