A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,171
Currently Running With Scissors:
545 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Seija Set and modified Knot Ugly uh... mini-cardigan?  (Read 2816 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GrannysAnnie

"It's always something!"

View Profile WWW
« on: August 13, 2008 02:39:32 PM »

I've had this book forever, and I made one of these projects a long time ago, so I figured I'd finally find some pics and post what I got!

The first one is a Seija Set in bright colors for my still-in-utero neice(!)  I used black, hot pink, and baby pink.  I think my sister liked it when I gave it to her.

And here's the Knot Ugly Shrug... except it's not a shrug, LOL.  I wanted something with buttons because the cover-ups that tie in the front at the bustline look *terrible* on me.  I made it for the express purpose of going to the Vatican to wear with my sundress when I studied abroad in Italy.  (You can't have exposed shoulders in the Basilica.)  So anyway, this is really the only picture I have of it.  I made the sleeves full-length, and it actually buttons down all the way even though only the top one is buttoned in the picture.

For my first crocheted article of clothing (other than hats and scarves) I think it came out pretty good. Smiley

Comments and criticism are welcome and appreciated!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The screenname says it all - I'm my Granny's Annie!

*PhD student and audiologist extraordinaire*
SkyyAngel
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008 03:18:52 PM »

I love the braided trim piece thingy (lol... don't know what to call it!), it's such a neat finishing touch. I'll have to try that sometime.

I saw your photo before I read the description and I was totally "That's the Vatican!" Smiley Awesome work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GrannysAnnie

"It's always something!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008 03:12:33 PM »

Thanks  Smiley

Yeah Vatican!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lucy_Stardust
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008 07:25:33 AM »

those are awesome!!!! i love what u did with the shrug pattern i like that better:) what a lucky girl to go to italy someday i might get there
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GumInMyHair
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008 03:33:37 PM »

great job on both the baby items and the "shrug". The "shrug" looks good on you.

Could you explain what changes you made to the shrug to get this mini-cardi? I would like to make one like yours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GrannysAnnie

"It's always something!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008 06:13:32 PM »

great job on both the baby items and the "shrug". The "shrug" looks good on you.

Could you explain what changes you made to the shrug to get this mini-cardi? I would like to make one like yours.

Thank you!

I made the mini-cardigan over a year ago, so forgive my bad memory, haha.  I'll try to explain what I remember...  So, in the Happy Hooker book, there's the diagram for the Knot Ugly Shrug that gives the measurements and everything.  What I did was ignore the parts labeled "left front" and "right front."  Instead I made a piece almost identical to the part labeled "back" but I split it down the middle so that it would be open.  I did the lining like on the Simple Shrug and added vertical buttonholes (basically ch 3 while skipping over 3 sc).  I'm pretty sure I shaped the neck according to the instructions.  So I think that's about it.  I just kinda winged it and it seemed to work.  When the mini-cardi lies on a flat surface, it looks boxy, so I guess that's how you would know if you were doing it right or not.  If you have any questions, let me know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GumInMyHair
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008 04:22:47 PM »

Thank You! I'm going to get my book out and look over the directions. I think I can do this  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fetchboi40639
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008 11:46:29 AM »

I love this and I'm starting my own set... although for whom I'm not quite sure...

If anyone wants to start a CAL... I'm going to start one and here's the link:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=266966.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

63 Block CAL - Done
Quant-along - Done
Seija Set-along - Hat Finished, Blanket In Progress
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Pick a Swimsuit for a Full Bust
Style Tips to Transition Into Fall
Kate Moss Reunites with Topshop for New Collaboration
Celeb Style Secrets: Nina Dobrev
How To Research Sizes Online From Michelle Madhok
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...