A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Does anyone use a embroidery sewing machine?  (Read 1263 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Credu.Afon
« on: January 08, 2008 08:04:11 PM »

After my grandma passed away I got her sewing machine that also does embroidery. Its really nice and i love it, It came with some..ok..designs on it but it also came with software for the computer to make your own designs for the machine to do.

does anyone else have this..or better yet..know how to use it or any good sites i can look too for help?
And too if you do have it, any tips or even..what have you made with it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lint Bunny
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008 11:51:54 PM »

I think it can vary a lot from brand to brand, but I am puzzling over the same thing right now. I have the software, and conversion box, but I have no idea how to use it all. Converting from another format isn't a problem, but I need a tutorial to know how to digitize my own designs and tips for thinning down overlaps and such.

I know it takes a long time to do it, but I am sure there would be a *lot* of grateful people out there if some one made a nice step by step! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Credu.Afon
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008 09:34:13 AM »

I have the 'idea' of how to do it...but i just can't figure it out all the way..drives me crazy. I know my grandma did letters and words with it..and i can't even figure that out! lol.

well how about any little tip or things we figure out..we just post here..maybe together we can get this all worked out..lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008 04:07:22 AM »

the best way to do lettering is to use embird with the font engine installed, it has alphabets you can buy.

Or you can download free alphabets  off the net and use those, combine them together into words and sew those out.
Embird has a ton of free tutorials on using it that you can download too.

www.embird.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
paroper
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008 12:43:27 PM »

If she combined designs, you can be about 99% sure she used software.  Some machines will combine designs, but not many.  There are often built in letters in the machine and she could have used those.  What is the brand of the machine you are using?  Did it come with software?  Does it happen to have a box?  Did you happen to get her computer? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewnutzz
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008 03:18:20 PM »

it also came with software for the computer to make your own designs for the machine to do.

does anyone else have this..or better yet..know how to use it or any good sites i can look too for help?
And too if you do have it, any tips or even..what have you made with it?

Embroidery software is written in proprietary language.  Each manufacturer's software package is a little different from others, so it would be helpful to know what brand machine you have, or even what software package you have (she could have Origins, or Embird, or someother package).
Your Gran may have had a full-up digitizing package, or she may have had a customizing package (digitizing lets you start from scratch, customizing lets you make changes to exisitng designs, including adding lettering).

Depending on the make/model of the machine and the type software, the dealership local to you might be able to help you through the classes they offer, or even through their Embroidery Clubs.  There are also lots of user groups online, you just have to search them out.

Learning the software can take a while.  Be patient, review any tutorial discs you have, and, above all, have fun.

SewNutzz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stitchesbyteresa
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008 05:14:59 PM »

I use a Brother brand...I used to have the PC 6500, then I upgraded to the big one...Innovis 4000D....and it also had an upgrade to be a quilting machine, too...so I did that as well.  I use PE Design 6.0 for my original work.  I actually draw things directly in the software program...there are several options for using it.  You can also get free designs from www.annthegran.com.  Go there, then click on the "free designs" tabs.  As far as learning how to use some of the software, I recently came across a new site by eileen Roche http://www.dzgns.com/magazinedz.php.  She is offering classes online to help embroidery folks.  She invents lots of products to improve machine embroidery and really knows what she is talking about.  I hope this info helps!  Let me know if you have questions about the specific software/machine I use and I'll be glad to help.  I used to have a home business of sewing and embroidering custom items, mostly for babies and toddlers, but also quilts, handbags, things like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photojournalist Lynsey Addario LIVE
Photographer Anne Geddes LIVE
How to Get Perfect Pictures in a Snap
Amazing Place: Manhattan
How To Take The Best Holiday Family Photo
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...