A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
482 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Haywood County in the Mountains  (Read 1574 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CircusManager220
« on: February 11, 2004 05:54:59 PM »

I live in Haywood County. I live in Waynesville. Everyone says it is the most exciting part of Haywood County, if that is that case I would hate to live in any other part of it.

Well anyways. I have found some good local thrift stores (2). And I was wondering if anyone knew any around Sylvawhee (Sylva or Cullowhee).

Oh and if you do live around here. You MUST check out "Old Grouch's Military Surplus Store." It is great. I got my messenger bag from there. It is canvas. So good. And it hold pepper spray Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am Washable
firefly

the giant tree starts as a tiny sprout.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004 06:13:44 AM »

ooh, cool, i'm about an hour from waynesville and need to go soon for a dr. appt., and having a thrift store as a reward would make the trip much more interesting.

the only areas i'm familiar with are between asheville and hot springs-there are several decent goodwills in asheville.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CircusManager220
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004 01:27:06 PM »

You posted that on my birthday =). So anyways. If you go to Frog Level there is this great one that I always go to. They have gotten a little worse because the got rid of their clothes but they are still cool. And Haywood Christian Ministries is EXCELLENT! MY favorite one! It has really weird hours though. It is open Monday-Friday from 9-4. Saturday it is open from 9-12. Like I said. Weird hours. But I always ride the bus to my friend's house after school and get dropped off there so I have like 45 minutes of thrifting.

There is a salvation army too. They have great clothes. And some cool furniture. There is one or two on Main Street so that is cool. These are all in walking distances of each other which is a plus for me because I don't have a car. =(.

And if you like music go check out Music Box... I love Music Box... My favorite hang out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am Washable
firefly

the giant tree starts as a tiny sprout.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004 09:12:12 AM »

circusmanager220~HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU![/b]
(a few days late...)
and thanks for the thrift tips!  i love me some new spots to scrounge around
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MeOwZa
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2004 08:08:50 PM »

i have family in waynesville (i'm in raleigh) its one of those places you only know about if you've been there or know someone who lives there  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jpants
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004 09:41:34 AM »

ooooh, ooooh! waynesville, cullowhee, sylva! i never venture this far down the board!  i am in asheville and not much help with your question, but very excited to see some western north carolina folks up in here!  
if you're headed to asheville, there are tons of thrift shops.  you could probably make a whole day of just visiting thrift shops--numerous goodwills and salvation armies as well as some random nonprofits, habitat home store-all house stuff, they always have random cool vintage stuff that's cheap because it's maybe one piece out a set.  if you end up coming here, message me and i can give you some directions if you're not familiar w/a-ville.
now that i know wnc is representing, i'll keep checking back to see if i can be helpful at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CircusManager220
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2004 08:01:19 AM »

I just went to Second Blessing Thrift Store about a week ago and it is heaven! They had ALL clothes FREE! FREE! I loved it! I went there and got tons of stuff for just $2.65. It was great!

Also I wish I lived in Asheville! I love Lexington Avenue. It my favorite place to shop. It has some really neat stuff. I just love Hip Replacement.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am Washable
carrievision

I'm walkin' on sushi.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2004 02:06:31 PM »

Wow!  I can't wait to visit Western NC this summer.  My boyfriend is into mountain climbing, so now I'll have something to do while he is off scaling the mountains!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn about Custom Brackets Gimbal Rotator
How to Obtain a White Balance on the Canon EOS Cameras
How to Use Sekonic Light meters
Learn about The Epson P-2000 Digital Storage Viewer
How to Clean dust off the sensor of the Canon EOS cameras
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...