A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 301,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
396 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: White Rabbit Coffee Cuff  (Read 10378 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alaska_drive

bad habits still make best friends.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2008 07:28:16 AM »

it's adorable, i love it.  i'm obsessed with alice in wonderland and i really enjoy your take on it.  :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shroomgirl
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2008 07:35:14 PM »

I traced the basic shape of the cuff in pencil and had to estimate the centre and then freehand drew the picture on then went over in the floss. I'm sure there's a more technical way to do this but it worked okay for me. It works quite well but for denser or darker fabrics I don't think I can use the same technique so I'm going to try something else when it comes to that. Thanks for the comment!

Did you draw the pattern on with pencil?  I use one of the wash off with cold water pens and have such a hard time getting any kind of detail.  You've totally inspired me and I need to make a bunch of these for Christmas gifts.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ren
Ren

controls bunnies writing literary works of genious

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2008 08:09:19 AM »

I traced the basic shape of the cuff in pencil and had to estimate the centre and then freehand drew the picture on then went over in the floss. I'm sure there's a more technical way to do this but it worked okay for me. It works quite well but for denser or darker fabrics I don't think I can use the same technique so I'm going to try something else when it comes to that. Thanks for the comment!

Did you draw the pattern on with pencil?  I use one of the wash off with cold water pens and have such a hard time getting any kind of detail.  You've totally inspired me and I need to make a bunch of these for Christmas gifts.  Cheesy

Yeah, took a while as it has to be light enough to not show through afterwards, but dark enough to be able to make out the detail! These make perfect gifts 'cause you can team it up with a Starbucks card, or similar. I'm certainly going to make more of these for Christmas myself!

Alaska_drive, thanks for the comment! Alice in Wonderland has to be one of the greatest books in history. I grew a bigger obsession with it when my dad told me it was written along the Oxford river, where I live. :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 3 Back to School Hairstyles
How to Create a Grecian Updo Hairstyle
Triple Braided Hairstyle Tutorial for Medium-Length Hair
Signs You Need a New Stylist
How to Use a Diffuser to Style Frizz-Free Curly Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...