A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,590
Currently Running With Scissors:
796 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dance, Dance, Dance! Dress UPDATE with link to No-Itch Tag Tutorial  (Read 2844 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kymy
« on: August 12, 2008 09:01:27 PM »

My babies are growing up so fast!!!  But they are also learning new things which are making their mama made skirts & dresses even more fun.  Over the last week they have both started to dance!  And as I encourage them more & more to run around saying Dant, dant, dant! (twin talk dant = dance) they have progressed into twirling as well.  This newly found skill made the skirts I put on them this evening WAY more fun.

There is no doubt, my girls are girly girls!  They like pretty, shiny, fluffy, soft things & will fight to the death over them.  Anyways this was some fabric I had sitting around that I wasnt really in love with so it turned into the test fabric for these skirts, & honestly watching them twirl around the living room has really made it grow on me Smiley.  The way I made them with a soft elastic drop waist so that they will fit through sizes 12m, 18m, 24m & 2t!  Toddlers grow most in length through these sizes so these have plenty of room to grow.

One thing I did try out on these is no scratch cotton twill tags!  I need to get some sort of small stamp made to represent/label Everything Your Mama Made (EYMM) but for now this works.  I got the idea from an AWESOME mama Marzipan(username) on www.sewingmamas.com.  I HAVE THE FULL PHOTO TUTORIAL NOW ON MY BLOG.

Enough talk, time for the pictures!!!

Carlie Paige

Baylie Ann (Happy to get to touch the Wii Fit)

No Itch Tags Smiley

« Last Edit: May 24, 2011 01:41:01 PM by jungrrl - Reason: made title more descriptive » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog!
My Crafty Blog ~ Hundreds of Free Tutorials/Patterns for Babylegs, Crib Sheets & more!
Open for personal swaps!
threegirlsandaboy
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008 09:15:49 PM »

Aren't those adorable?!?  I just made a skirt like that from the Grand Revival tute and it turned out so cute!  Thanks for sharing!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kymy
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008 12:24:48 AM »

Aren't those adorable?!?  I just made a skirt like that from the Grand Revival tute and it turned out so cute!  Thanks for sharing!! 

Thats the tute I was looking for but couldn't remember what it was called!!!!   I just winged it, its constructed the same way, but now that I went & found & bookmarked it the sizing/proportions are much different.  But its a great tute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog!
My Crafty Blog ~ Hundreds of Free Tutorials/Patterns for Babylegs, Crib Sheets & more!
Open for personal swaps!
threegirlsandaboy
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008 05:37:30 AM »

I'd like to see the sizing on yours.  I had to add length to make the skirt longer for one of my nieces who is a size 6.  I'm now looking at making one for an almost-2 year old, though, so I need to change the size again and I don't have a 2 year old in the house to measure.  (Well, I do have a 2 year old boy, but he's a size 4 chunker!)   Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StacyCK
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008 06:55:09 AM »

Those skirts are so adorable, and your twins look like they are thoroughly enjoying the twirl factor!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlexisMomOf3
Canadian Craftin' Momma

Sew Sew Sew!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008 07:00:54 AM »

Very well made and cute. Your daughters are sooo adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mother to 4 beautiful crazy children that loves to sew, make bows and photography.

www.thecanadiancraf ters.com
Nylaskye
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008 09:56:01 AM »

Very cute!  I have that same princess fabric collecting dust!  My daughter asked me to make her a dress out of it last week.  I love the pink shimmery fabric you paired it with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thehappylion
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008 11:00:15 AM »

The girls and their skirts are to die for.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kymy
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008 01:07:18 PM »

I'd like to see the sizing on yours.  I had to add length to make the skirt longer for one of my nieces who is a size 6.  I'm now looking at making one for an almost-2 year old, though, so I need to change the size again and I don't have a 2 year old in the house to measure.  (Well, I do have a 2 year old boy, but he's a size 4 chunker!)   Smiley 

For a 2yr old I would make it so the finished product is about 12" long...  it should be just pass knee length which is about the same length as the GR tutorial.  as for the elastic I think about 19" waist is the 'size' 2t... my girls are skinny minis, the elastic in these are only 16" finished.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog!
Open for personal swaps!
threegirlsandaboy
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008 02:12:28 PM »

Thanks, Kymy! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Vintage Bowles - Ragtime in Paris
Jeanius - Maya Sasaki on SKinny Jeans
Jeanius - Laura Regensdorf on Matching Jeans and Figure
From the Vogue Closet - How to Wear a Tuxedo Jacket
Vintage Bowles - Shopping at Porte De Clignancourt in Paris
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...