A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
673 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: RAINBOW Swap Round 2 Gallery!  (Read 11474 times)
Tags for this thread: rainbow  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nobodyhasthisoneyet
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2008 04:52:29 PM »

I, on the other hand, have more confidence than skill with zippers but an terrified of buttonholes!

I am SO loving that beaded butterfly.  It's so simple, yet so... a butterfly. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No longer online regularly - if you need to contact me, try tweeting @artsieaspie.  Sorry for the inconvenience!
ademareej
« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2008 05:56:29 PM »

Oh my gosh, such amazing packages!  I just realized today that I somehow never bookmarked the gallery...iw as starting to wonder why no one was posting pictures.

and in that vein, here is my package from Vegan Pickles (sorry it took me so long to post pics, my camera went AWOL!)

The protractory bit is actually a magnet, as are the pigs (several of their magnets fell off in transit and I haven't had a chance to reglue them yet!) and the crochet hook is much improved by the new rainbow-y handle it has.  Thanks Vegan Pickles!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iliveonarainbow
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2008 06:41:15 PM »

Guess we had the same idea with the scarf.  I see you made the clouds differently.  Did you crochet it or did you add white felt?  It's hard to see from the pictures. 
  I used white felt, I was so tired of crocheting things by the time I was done with the rainbow part and the pouch, I just bought felt, and I really like it that way. And thanks for all the nice comments everyone.  Smiley archerpren and sarahmakes: it was so much easier than I thought to install the zipper, you guys should definately try it some time. Oh, and I forget to mention I also made a little fuzzy rainbow cat toy at the last minute, but I forgot to take a pic of it before I sent. I made one for my kitten and he carried it around for a week in his mouth and anytime someone (be it cat, dog, or person) tried to take it from him he'd growl and spit at them. It was so funny!

OMG, I love those pig magnets, they are so adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
julieboolie

turtle, turtle!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2008 10:26:25 AM »

Grin i got my package from RyuuDolly!

handsewn raiiinbow bag, with fishy lining Smiley

7 legged octopus that i have named, Cloud. Grin

cheesin'. Smiley

and TWO super amazing scarves. guess i won't be having to make a rainbow scarf now.. Smiley
('scuse the messy hair, its been a long day.)

and lots 'o extras. Shocked
(see the clay lollipop penant!?)

thankyouthankyouthankyou!

also, Koda thanks you for the nice big box. P:

« Last Edit: September 15, 2008 10:28:56 AM by julieboolie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield"

Wists | Pinterest | Ravelry
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2008 12:01:22 PM »

Ooh, great haul!  I love the scarves and the bag!  And the octopus, and... OK, everything is great.  Smiley 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

juliamine
Blessed be

Rainbows Rule

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2008 08:57:49 AM »

I am new to craftster but been sewing for a couple years now.  I am so jealous of this rainbow swap!!  I love rainbows!  All the items are so nice, awesome jobs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
michelleames

August 6, 2005

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2008 06:41:16 PM »

My partner has received, but hasn't had time to post yet, so I thought I'd help her out.

This is what I sent Pixie5. I love working with felt.  All of these are hand-stitched...

A rainbow chain that was intended as a necklace, but is kinda chunky for that.  It took HOURS of stitching, so I sent it as a decoration instead.

A felt rainbow pin cushion.

And a rainbow brooch. I thought this might look good on a coat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

colefree224
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2008 08:05:24 PM »

this is a great scarf!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ronniebeth13
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2008 01:44:00 AM »

-----{And a rainbow brooch. I thought this might look good on a coat.}-----

I really like this pin...It's simple but charming and I agree, would be so eye-catching on a dark coat...like a long pea coat.

peace,
Monkey
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nobodyhasthisoneyet
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2008 02:44:34 PM »

I love that rainbow chain... I now have visions of making curtain tie-backs out of a chain of different coloured ribbons.  (I'm already using scarves and an old belly dancing belt with jangly metal things as tiebacks, so it would be in keeping with my eccentric house!)

There's been a delay in getting my package from Canada to Australia.   Sad  But the good news is I know it is definitely not lost!   Stay tuned and I'll post pix as soon as it arrives...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008 02:45:35 PM by Nobodyhasthisoneyet - Reason: cnat' speel! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

No longer online regularly - if you need to contact me, try tweeting @artsieaspie.  Sorry for the inconvenience!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Create 16 Hairstyles With 2 Clip-In Hair Extensions
How To Get A Perfect Voluminous Blowout At Home Like A Pro
How To Do A Goddess Up Do
Tips On Avoiding Hair Loss From Bleaching
How to Get Kate Middleton Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...