A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,536
Currently Running With Scissors:
541 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Clockwork Orange Costume  (Read 3250 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RoxieSparkles
« on: August 12, 2008 11:12:40 AM »

So this year for halloween I tihnk I'm going to dress up as Alex From a clockwork orange. I was just wondering if anyone had any good ideas for a girl version? I want it to look hot, but not too trashy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
death_by_vodka
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008 09:39:59 PM »

Oh!  I did this last year, it was really really really cute!  Unfortunately I don't have any good pictures of it Sad   I spent so much time working on other people's costumes last year, that I didn't really have time to do my own.  Luckily, Alex was a pretty easy costume.   I bought a pair of perfect fake eyelashes that had both tops and bottoms, but the bottoms were kind of spiky.  For obvious reasons I just used one of the bottoms Cheesy  I did make the mistake of wearing too much eye makeup which ultimately took away the look of the one eyelash strip though.  Spirit Halloween had a bowler hat that was inexpensive and perfect.  I found some white costume vinyl at Jo-Anne's and made just a basic circle skirt out of it.  I actually really really love that skirt and have been looking for another reason to wear it since then.  I gave the skirt a nice waistband since I'd be wearing my shirt tucked in.  I wore that with back seam fishnets and knee high combat boots.  I searched and searched but could not come up with white suspenders anywhere, so I settled for black ones that I got for like $6 at Wal-Mart in the men's section.  Also at Wal-Mart, I got a fitted white button up shirt.  Then came my absolute favorite part of the costume... the eyeballs on the sleeves!  I kept putting it off and putting it off and I ended up doing them about 10 minutes before the party I was attending, but they still worked out great.  I took two squishy eyeballs and cut them in half with scissors.  Instead of gluing the eyeballs on, I ended up taking a needle and some black thread and sort of stitching x's around them.  I intended to paint the design around the eyeballs, but since I was doing it right before I left, I settled for dipping a q-tip in fake blood and sort of painting around them with that.  The end result was quite gruesome and I was really proud of it.  I actually wore that shirt again not in costume just because I loved the eyeballs.  Actually, I could dig it out and take a picture.  Perhaps I'll do that sometime soon. 

Oh, and I didn't have a cane because I was desperate to obtain a REAL sword cane.  Unfortunately I waited too long and all of the places around here that sell them didn't have one when I went looking Sad  I did get a fake sword cane at Halloween USA and I intended to paint it so that it would be more costume appropriate, but I never had the time. 

Sorry for the rambles, I'm never good at getting my thoughts in order before I type them out Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LunaBlueStar

Hip Like Badass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008 09:39:20 PM »

A friend, my husband and I did this costume for a Villain themed party in April.  I'm on the far right.

And here's one of me alone  ...I couldn't find bowler hats for a decent price but did find blue ones that had a fake flowers and a rainbow bands on them for much cheaper.  I removed the band and flower and painted the hats black with acrylic paint, took about 2 coats.  I used ribbon to replace the band around the hats.  I had an old Fredrick's of Hollywood corset that I removed the cups from and attached suspenders I won on ebay.  The button up I already had and I made the skirt from some material in my stash.  I used a croquet mallet as a weapon cause I already had one from my Alice in Murderland costume.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Better to be hated for who you are, then loved for who you're not.
aliceownsj00
werd homie.

Life's grand, aint it?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008 03:03:43 AM »

Oh how awesome! Haha great job on them! Looks great
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RoxieSparkles
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008 10:20:38 AM »

That looks freaken amazing Shocked!!!! You did such a good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LunaBlueStar

Hip Like Badass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008 12:42:28 PM »

Oh how awesome! Haha great job on them! Looks great

thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LunaBlueStar

Hip Like Badass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008 12:42:46 PM »

That looks freaken amazing Shocked!!!! You did such a good job!

thankx!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oingoboingirl

VYVYAN! YOU UTTER BASTARD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008 12:19:48 PM »

I've got two ACO costumes.
This one was for a Midnight show my friend and I decided to dress up for about 2 or 3 years ago

not exactly feminine  Roll Eyes

this was for Halloween 2 years ago, my original idea involved a white miniskirt and white fishnets, but I didn't want to be too slutty so i went with the capris and tall boots.

I didn't bother with codpieces, mostly because they're expensive and it's hard to find the style they wear in the movie, but whatever you do, don't forget the eyeballs on the cuffs! (If you are trying to look like Alex specifically)
out of all the ACO costumes I've seen that's the detail that gets left out the most, and it's so cool looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence.
pennylane1084
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008 10:42:53 PM »

I've got two ACO costumes.
This one was for a Midnight show my friend and I decided to dress up for about 2 or 3 years ago
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/IMG_12112.JPG[/img]
not exactly feminine  Roll Eyes

Nice touch with the moloko droogs.

I've done an Alex costume is high school but most people had no clue what i actually was.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008 03:06:21 PM by jungrrl - Reason: Please don't quote images - thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Syd

Shine ON You Crazy Diamond

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008 04:27:39 PM »

I did this last year.

I made the skirt from a dress I bought for 1!
I also cut the collar off a small men's shirt.  The cane (which does have a 'knife' inside) started life as a plastic scythe (sp?).  I ended up drawing the lashes on one eye with eyeliner because I couldn't get the hang of my falsies and wrecked them with the glue Sad
You can't see there, but I had on white stockings and suspender belt. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Updo using a Hair Comb and a French Twist Hairstyle
Flawless Skin Tips
Celebrity Look-Alike
TopShop Hair Makeover
Short Hair Survey
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...