A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,625
Currently Running With Scissors:
699 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbies Only Round 10 Gallery  (Read 20096 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ShesxCrafty
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2008 09:24:19 AM »

I just signed-up to flickr, so hopefully this works?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29837058@N06/sets/72157606908385927/
Check it out Cheesy

Sorry if this post doesn't apply to the gallery hee....
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008 10:03:07 AM by ShesxCrafty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sallyb
« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2008 01:46:35 AM »

Reichan - that is a gorgeous package!  I'm loving the mushroom and the shrinky dinks!  I haven't done a shrinky for years... I have a fading memory of using chip packets to make them?  Does this sound familiar to anyone?  And does the plastic you used for the ones you made have a particular name?  I'd like to see if I can track soem down in Oz.

Ta muchly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riechan
« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2008 03:12:53 AM »

Reichan - that is a gorgeous package!  I'm loving the mushroom and the shrinky dinks!  I haven't done a shrinky for years... I have a fading memory of using chip packets to make them?  Does this sound familiar to anyone?  And does the plastic you used for the ones you made have a particular name?  I'd like to see if I can track soem down in Oz.

Ta muchly!

The shrink plastic I used?? We call it literally Shrink paper. It's rough on one side and smooth on the other. This is the only kind they have here in town.

(What's Oz??)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog
My Shop @ fb
Junque journal Along!
50 Projects in 2014!
Anyone interested in a postcard swap? I have too many... PM me! ^^
sallyb
« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2008 05:36:57 AM »

The shrink plastic I used?? We call it literally Shrink paper. It's rough on one side and smooth on the other. This is the only kind they have here in town.

(What's Oz??)

Ha ha ha... Oz is Australia!  I've never seen Shrink paper around, but I will do some investigating.  I'm sure somewhere will have it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riechan
« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2008 08:34:25 AM »

(What's Oz??)

Ha ha ha... Oz is Australia!  I've never seen Shrink paper around, but I will do some investigating.  I'm sure somewhere will have it.

OOOOOOOooooooh :p that's far away. hello *waves*
Maybe in your local craft supplie store
mine is just a really small where they have beads, some things for jewelry making, paper and shrinky paper ^^
If you don't find him, somewhere (maybe on this site I don't remember) is there a tutorial about how you can also use regular plastic to shrink. Just google ^^ And than you can start recycle whoej ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog
My Shop @ fb
Junque journal Along!
50 Projects in 2014!
Anyone interested in a postcard swap? I have too many... PM me! ^^
vegiegirl
« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2008 05:02:44 PM »

AAAHHHHH!!! RENEE!!! OMG OMG OMG!! My package came today!!  Let me tell you what a nice homecoming it was after a cappy day at work....makes mondays seem a little more bareable.

So first off let me say-wow, I'm awestruck by your sewing skills.  I've got not a sewing bone in my body...and now I know what it looks like when you do!  Smiley

So.....here we go  (I'm still staring at my pile of goodies on the floor as i type *huge grin*)

my first glance and I love it already!  I agree-i woudn't be able to resist that yummy yellow fabric either!  (but what could it be?-besides delicious)

The absolute most cutest tote ever!

love love love the pattern on the inside (and the pocket-I adore pockets!!)

And whats this inside.....

the most fashionable oven mitt/pot holder combo on Long Island (and they will come is super handy since I'm moving out in a month Smiley I promise to put them to good use, taking things out of the microwave lol!  hahah)

and a pincushion! what! made out of my new favorite fabric??!  and oh, did I mention that was the item I had asked for...I was thinking about taking up sewing-but now that I've seen what Renee can do-I'm a little tentative  Smiley

and the reason why i need to call in sick to work tomorrow....my very own juggling bags!! With a tutorial!  (I've already had to fight my dad off for them)

I can't thank you enough Renee-I'm seriously astounded.  The time and effort that you put into all these amazing gifts is so truely appreciated!

Family Photo

Thanks again Renee, couldn't have asked for a better swap partner!! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

the world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page -St. Augustine

http://www.wists.com/vegiegirl
kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2008 05:12:06 PM »

OMG! Awesome swap package! I love that this package has given you the excuse to call in sick to work! haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
vegiegirl
« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2008 05:21:57 PM »

lol yeah-I'd never be able to get away with it, but it'd be nice  Smiley  I could just blame Renee  Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page -St. Augustine

http://www.wists.com/vegiegirl
Hadassah
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2008 05:40:32 PM »

Oh wow! Everything is GORGEOUS! I love the little lemon and orange! And I love the juggling bags! The oven mitt looks VERY professional!

Renee, you are a natural!  Wink Love the package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sew_renee
« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2008 06:42:14 PM »

yay! I'm so glad you liked everything! it was really fun to make and I had just enough yellow fabric left over to make an identical pincushion for myself. So now we have twin pincushions!

I can't wait to get my package... I hoped it would come today but no-show. The UPS truck came right after I got home and I had my hopes up, even though I know you sent the package in the regular mail... it was a Barack Obama t-shirt my husband ordered last week. DOH!! I mean yay for Obama, but come on, where's my loot???

;P

edit: here's a video of me using the juggling bags... crappily! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=527fGAHFkYc
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008 06:43:52 PM by sew_renee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Philip Fry
How to Draw Peter Pan
How to Draw Pekingse
How to Draw Patrick
Air Graffiti Wall Takes Street Art Off the Streets
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Roll with Maple Cream Cheese Filling

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...