A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,467
Currently Running With Scissors:
443 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Doggie Portrait in Colored Pencil (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel)  (Read 713 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ericav
« on: August 11, 2008 02:53:49 PM »

My husband and I have wanted a CKCS for a long time now. I spent 3 three years trying to rescue one. I must have sent in 40 applications for dogs over the years and never heard back. Then one day I'm in my vet's office picking up my cats food and a man walks in with his Cavalier. Right away, I'm gushing over his dog and telling him how badly we want one. Then he tells me that he's coming in to see if she was pregnant!! So, it turned out that she was pregnant and he let us have pick of the litter! It was like fate! When he saw my art, he asked me if I would create a portrait of the mother, Sarah. We're going to bring home our puppy home this Friday, we're naming her Stella.  So here's Sarah's portrait. I'm very proud of it and I can't wait to give it to him.

Here's a picture of our puppy at 5 weeks old on the day we picked her out (she's going to be 9 weeks when she comes home).

Not the best picture of me, but it's become one of my favorites.

My amazing DH with our puppy.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

kwality570
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008 03:00:29 PM »

That is gorgeous!  I can't believe it's in colored pencil.
Your new puppy is adorable.  There's nothing cuter than a puppy. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ericav
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008 03:10:48 PM »

Thank you so much! I've been working really hard at improving my colored pencil skills. When people request a full body 8x10, I usually go with colored pencils so I can get the tight detail. It harder to undo when the coloring is off, but hopefully my skills are improving on deciding what colors to go with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Flapdoodle
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008 05:42:59 PM »

Ohhhhh, it's so fabulous!  He's gonna be elated when he gets it!

And I can hardly STAND those pics of your puppy, it's soooo freakin cute. I wanna smell that puppy breath!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
keeperrox
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008 05:55:45 PM »

Oh, the portrait is lovely!  I'm sorry you had trouble adopting, because there are so many needy pups out there.  However, it truly does look like it was fate that Stella is now in your lives!  Please tell us his reaction to the portrait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Phildude
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008 06:27:39 PM »

Wow when I saw this on the front pageI thought thedrawing was a photo AND I actualy have my glasses on ! Awesome Pic and beautifull puppy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ericav
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008 08:26:58 PM »

Thanks everyone!  We really did want to rescue and who knows maybe we will get a phone call in the future asking if we would take one. I know we have a great loving home for animals and even if we don't adopt we show a lot of support to the rescue groups in our area.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Blueberry Scone and Clotted Cream Recipe
Flourless Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe
Homemade Mint Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
How to Make Crave-Worthy Cake in a Mere Matter of Minutes
Will Veggie Desserts Be the Cronut of 2014?
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...