A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,217
Currently Running With Scissors:
634 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Syringes by the dozen  (Read 3128 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MsBettie
accidental microwave pyrotechnician

Jenn loves Wes

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2005 08:48:02 PM »

I have a bag full of tubing from when my late DH was on oxygen.  His supplier said the couldn't take it back, even though it is still sealed.  I have several 4' lengths, a couple 25' and I think I have one 50'  Some of it is green, most is clear. Anyone?

Cut them into 7-8 inch lengths, get some sort of stopper, fill them with glitter and close em up. Viola! Bracelets! (My mom was on dialysis but recenty got a kidney transplant, so we have plenty of tubing)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love.
~Carrie Bradshaw
GloryB
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I have a sewing machine, and I know how to use it

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2005 06:35:39 AM »

I have a bag full of tubing from when my late DH was on oxygen.  His supplier said the couldn't take it back, even though it is still sealed.  I have several 4' lengths, a couple 25' and I think I have one 50'  Some of it is green, most is clear. Anyone?

Cut them into 7-8 inch lengths, get some sort of stopper, fill them with glitter and close em up. Viola! Bracelets! (My mom was on dialysis but recenty got a kidney transplant, so we have plenty of tubing)
That would make a cute kid-craft,but my grandchildren are too young.  Maybe I'll look up some local girlscout leaders.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vala_amaris
Vala Queen of TMI

I'm kinda nuts but really sweet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2005 08:26:38 AM »

My mom used to use syringes with the needles still intact to scent her handmade crafts like sachets, pillows, etc...  She'd just plunge it into the fiberfill and give it a good squirt.  Because the needle went into the center of the fiberfill there were never any oil stains on her work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One-StopAnniJaksun
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2005 01:35:06 AM »

In the movie "Party Monster," a character wears a dog collar-type thing with cut-off syringes sticking out from it.  I would absolutly love to own one of those.  I'm not sure how one would make one but if you did, it would be the best accessory ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpyRI
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2005 08:42:47 PM »

Suggestion for 21+ only! I had an ex boyfriend ( a jerk, but creative) who would use sterile  ones to inject vodka into oranges- you could get a lot in there, and then when we'd eat them later, the flavor was really delish. It was a neat alternative to jello shots at parties and stuff, little vodka clementines and tangerines and stuff. I bet you could use other fruit too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it had a beat, you could dance to it
Helcura
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2005 12:49:44 PM »

The kind with no needles are great for refilling those little tubes of handcream that people carry in their purses.   You can also wash out the handcream tubes and then use syringes to fill them with acrylic paint for on-the-go neat and easy stenciling and stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wowievalerie
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2005 12:08:22 AM »

You'd have to be able to sterilize them and remove the needles, but I use the syringes I get for giving medicine to babies to decorate cookies with royal icing.  It's much neater and more precise than using bags.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
medea
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2005 01:01:23 PM »

isn't there any type of humane organization that collects unused medical supplies? Specially if the syringes were used for saline solution, maybe they could be put into the autoclave and sterilized for used in developing or third world countries. I also know that animal shelters sometimes require the syringes to feed puppies or kittens, or you could give them to the shelters or vets to hand out to customers when they need to give medication to their pets, a syringe squirt to the back of the throat is a lot easier than trying to wrestle your cat into getting a dropper or a spoon in its mouth.

The tubing could be used for an aquarium, or as vinil piping, or as handles on a purse, maybe even threading pretty ribbon inside.

what about freecycle? maybe someone is desperately needing empty syringes and tubing and don't want to buy them... and they want to use them for crafting or cooking, not for injecting Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cydniey

a fabulous disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2005 11:24:55 PM »

you could make a garland out of them

long ago i made "pipes" out of polymer clay, and had a bunch left over, so i strung them on thin ribbon with beads and flowers between them.

i think anything that can be strung up should be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
greengirlak
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2005 04:24:07 PM »

Hilarious. Mostly I just want a t-shirt that says that: "Anything that can be strung up should be"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Wonder Woman by Charlene Lanzel
Edie Superstar by Charlene Lanzel
Fresh Fish by Charlene Lanzel
Duende by Charlene Lanzel
An Interview with Stan Sakai
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...