A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,644
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: i give up!  (Read 2575 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RCKFELLA
Tutorial Contributor

there's no substitute for time

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008 07:50:02 AM »

aw thanks guys! well after seeing the others i guess mine isnt so weird after all. i think i'm going to still add the pom pom and just let him be. now all i need is a name. i know its pink but he looks so manly to me. im thinking bartholomew...  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mouseatethekitty
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008 07:58:42 AM »

I think it's a very cute bunny.
Actually, if you added some fangs and a bit of blood it would look like the killer rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. This may not be what you were going for, but it would be super cool Smiley
Thanks for sharing the pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yorkielover8
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008 09:11:55 AM »

The butt on my bunny turned out the same to. I guess it's just the pattern. Anyways, what I did was put a pom pom on it's butt for a tail and covered it up! Smiley Worked like a charm. And your bunny is so cute! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008 09:44:16 AM »

It's very cute. From the front it looks a little like a guinea pig. From the back I can see what you mean about the fish. A land fish? A bunnish?
As for eyes they will be a little more bunnyish if you stitch them together a little. Their eyes are mostly on the sides of the head like you have but more indented. Using one thread stitch thru the head and tie the thread together in a loop. Make sense? I like to use black plastic shank, loop in the back, buttons. Buy some small ones at WallyWorld, fabric or craft store. For the nose, stitch a "Y" and the upper lips mostly overlap the lower lips except in the middle, where you can usually see the top two teeth.
But seriously I think the thing that makes it less bunny is the hind legs. A pompom tail will make a huge diff. When a rabbit sits you don't see a lot of their hind legs. If you tuck the hind legs under the body you might be a bit happier with it. Their hind legs are actually longer than the front and their feet are relatively huge.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
camilaustral

Saludos desde Chile!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008 03:57:43 PM »

i like the bead eyes you used, and i think a puffy pom pom tail will lok great Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aliismynameoh

she's fan-riffic

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008 06:47:14 PM »

it is a little overstuffed, but i think that makes it look cuter.

and it took me about 5 times to notice, but he doesnt have a little mouth like the other one. maybe that's what's missing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible
Rainbow_Storms
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008 09:40:44 AM »

Awww... he's cute. I think he does need a tail, though. I'm going to make one, too as soon as I write down the pattern and get my hands on some felt! Adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps! Just PM me!

I've recently gotten into blythes; check out my blog about mine here:
http://saffron42.livejournal.com
http://deliagrey.etsy.com
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008 10:27:32 AM »

Ok I think I figured it out. I went back to the original thread and I noticed some look the same way and some look more like bunnies. I think the difference is the placement on the belly piece. If it's more in the front than back you get wide face and fish legs, If it's more in the back than front you get nice bunny shaped legs and a smaller bunny face.
Does that make sense? I think he looks fine though just add a cute little tail and he's set!
the eyes she used could be one of two things. Either small "mushroom" shaped post buttons, or safety eyes. You can get safety eyes in all kinds of sizes and colors (including solid black) online through e-bay, etsy, or sunshinecrafts.com. You can get  them in person at Hobby lobby in the bear making isle. I've also found them at my local dime store, and sometimes my micheals gets them but usually they are all big. I've also seen various sizes at Jo-anns.
(but personally I prefer to buy online as I can get a bulk set. Smiley Sunshine crafts has a great deal, and they ship fairly quick. Usually within the week. )
And on e-bay you can get clear ones and paint them.

Hope that helps! Don't ever give up. But you can take a break if you get frustrated. We all have to do it now and then!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RCKFELLA
Tutorial Contributor

there's no substitute for time

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008 10:46:06 AM »

Ok I think I figured it out. I went back to the original thread and I noticed some look the same way and some look more like bunnies. I think the difference is the placement on the belly piece. If it's more in the front than back you get wide face and fish legs, If it's more in the back than front you get nice bunny shaped legs and a smaller bunny face.
Does that make sense? I think he looks fine though just add a cute little tail and he's set!
the eyes she used could be one of two things. Either small "mushroom" shaped post buttons, or safety eyes. You can get safety eyes in all kinds of sizes and colors (including solid black) online through e-bay, etsy, or sunshinecrafts.com. You can get  them in person at Hobby lobby in the bear making isle. I've also found them at my local dime store, and sometimes my micheals gets them but usually they are all big. I've also seen various sizes at Jo-anns.
(but personally I prefer to buy online as I can get a bulk set. Smiley Sunshine crafts has a great deal, and they ship fairly quick. Usually within the week. )
And on e-bay you can get clear ones and paint them.

Hope that helps! Don't ever give up. But you can take a break if you get frustrated. We all have to do it now and then!

yayyyyy! thanks! i had no idea what the eyes were called so i coudln't even google them. all i could think of was stuffie eyes  Tongue

anyway i think im going to put a tail on it and call it a day but my friends asked for some so thankfully now i have practice and wonderful advice! i think the major thing is that i definitely overstuffed the front and not enough in the back. anyway when i make the others hopefully they'll look better and i'll post pics  Wink

thanks everyone for your response!!!

-karen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008 12:40:12 PM »

Well... I had to make one. I used Alova suede cloth. It stretches so  the proportions could be a little different. The pattern has a tendency to bend at the "hip". To get rid of the splay... Have you decided what you want to be when you grow up? Here is your opportunity to pretend you're a proctologist... Put the back of the critter in the palm of one hand, using a finger of the other hand push up between the legs. Try to push the stuffing away from the back half of the critter. Also while stuffing put alot of stuffing in the legs and in the hip area. If you push the critter down on the table you reverse this process and end up with a fold in the hip.
Also Eliea's suggestion to make the middle of the gusset smaller will help eliminate some of the problem.
I have five pics. Here is one pic followed by a link to the rest.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=164092
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008 12:47:23 PM by sactownsue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
New York Style for Women
How to Shop NYC Street Vendors
Kate Spade Unveils New Looks For Fashion Week
Allison McNamara Shops for a Fashion Week Wardrobe
Alexa Chung on When She First Fell in Love with Fashion
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...