A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,135
Currently Running With Scissors:
738 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: GRANNIES DAUGHTERS CROCHET SWAP R1 (CLOSED) Sendout-10/13/08  (Read 14785 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bettflow
« on: August 09, 2008 07:10:36 PM »

GALLERY!

Swap name: GRANNIES DAUGHTERS CROCHET SWAP R1
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: bettflow
Sign-up date range: 8/09/08 - 9/08/08 
Date to send item by: Sendout 10/13/08

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): NO

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? YES/NO
If so, which country? NO

Age requirement? 13+

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES

Details of swap:

This is Round 1 of several rounds which will continue until we all have enough motifs to make our afghans.   The number of rounds we have will depend on how many participants we have in each round. 
If you don't know how to make a grannies daughter, it's as simple as pie:))  A grannies daughter is the first round of a traditional granny square.....that's it:))  The pattern can be found here  A child's afghan requires 240 motifs and an adult size afghan requires 720 motifs. As stated in the pattern, each motif should measure 1 1/2" to 1 3/4".  So it's important to check your gauge so that all motifs will be the correct size.  These little critters are SOOOO quick and easy to make:))

Ok, you will send 40 motifs in assorted colors to 2 partners.  This is a great project to use up those little bits & pieces of scrap yarn you have laying around:)) 
All motifs MUST be made in 4-ply worsted weight yarn, or if you're in the UK the yarn equivalent will be 10-ply aran.  Please be sure to check your guage to make sure your motifs are the correct size.  We wouldn't want to receive some motifs that are 1 1/2" and some that are 2 1/4". Your motifs should measure 1 1/2" to 1 3/4".  Size is important!!!   REMEMBER:  It takes no more than 5 minutes...usually less....to make a 'grannies daughter'Smiley)  These little critters are super quick and easy to whip up:)))

SPECIAL NOTE:  Sendout date has been extended to 10/13/08, so that will give everyone 6 weeks to get all their grannies daughters made and sent out.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no)
Any other information about yourself you would like to share???

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

APPROVED SWAPPERS:

1.  bettflow
 2.  Linda P
 3.  tiggy_114
 4.  indigo_roses
 5.  Tazzsangel19
 6.  KRB
 7.  umheried
 8.  bloomingkinder
 9.  craftADDchick
10.  myklia
11.  fusbdgt

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008 04:03:52 AM by rackycoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bettflow
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008 07:24:38 PM »

SENT
RECEIVED
SENDING LATE WITH COMMUNICATION
SENDING LATE WITHOUT COMMUNICATIONFEEDBACK HAS BEEN LEFT

ASSIGNED PARTNERS:

1. bettflow send to Linda P & tiggy_114
  2. Linda P send to tiggy_114 & indigo_roses
  3. tiggy_114 send to indigo_roses & Tazzsangel19
  4. indigo_roses send to Tazzsangel19 & KRB
  5. Tazzsangel19 send to KRB & unheried
  6. KRB send to unheried & bloomingkinder
  7. unheried send to bloomingkinder & craftADDchick
  8. bloomingkinder send to craftADDchick & myklia
  9. craftADDchick send to myklia & fusbdgt
 10. myklia send to fusbdgt & bettflow
 11. fusbdgt send to bettflow & Linda P
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008 10:14:22 PM by bettflow » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bettflow
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008 07:26:38 PM »

RESERVED FOR ORGANIZERS - JUST IN CASE:))
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fusbdgt
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008 12:59:29 PM »

I'm way interested in this one, I'm on my way to finishing up my first swap now, we should be done b4 sign ups are closed.  ooo i can't wait.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dragonmama
MILF-y Crafter

Retired Swapper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008 05:20:57 PM »

I'm thinking about joining but I was thinking maybe it would be better if it were 10 motifs since they are so easy/fast to do?

It just seems like it would _forever_ to complete one with just swapping five. I dunno... just a thought. Love the idea though! The afghans turn out really cute!

ETA: or maybe just a shorter crafting time? = more frequent sendouts?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008 05:23:49 PM by dragonmama » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sandandsilk.wordpress.com

wists.com/dragoneyezed
fusbdgt
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008 05:38:37 PM »

I think that those are both good ideas, it does take a good number of these little guys
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Linda P
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008 07:02:17 PM »

http://www.knitting-crochet.com/swapclub/gradd.html

This shows 9 made into a square.. after looking these, up.. I had to send my information in.. I would love to have enough to make a afgan for my MIL.. she is always making someone in the family a afgan.
Just sent my information in!
Linda P
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008 07:30:37 PM by Linda P » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bettflow
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008 07:40:04 PM »

Well....when I was setting the swap up, I had the details stated for sending 10 out to each person, but I decided that would be alot, so changed it to 5 per person.  If we send to 10 swappers that would be 100 that we'll have to make make.  I don't know if I can get 100 made with other swaps, charities and all that I'm involved in.  How do ya'll feel about it?  Do you not think that 100 would be quite alot?  I'm always open to suggestions though:))
I'm not sure at this point how popular this swap will be.  I am planning on us sending more than 10 to each person if we have less than 10 people sign up.  If we have more than 10, I'm planning on splitting us into groups.  But, say we split into 2 groups of 8 each.  Then, we could send say....7 to each person, which would be a total of 56. 
You know what???  I'm thinking out loud now, lol.  You are right, at only 50 a month it will take 15 months to get enough for an adult ghan.  I think I'm getting to like the idea of 10 per person, maybe more if only a few sign up, lol.  Had to kinda ponder over it a little bit to figure it out, lol.  They are so quick and easy to make, maybe 10 would be a good idea after all:)) 
Thanks for the suggestion:))  Yep, I'm gonna change the details right now:)))
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dragonmama
MILF-y Crafter

Retired Swapper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008 11:50:04 AM »

You know what???  I'm thinking out loud now, lol.  You are right, at only 50 a month it will take 15 months to get enough for an adult ghan.  I think I'm getting to like the idea of 10 per person, maybe more if only a few sign up, lol.  Had to kinda ponder over it a little bit to figure it out, lol.  They are so quick and easy to make, maybe 10 would be a good idea after all:)) 
Thanks for the suggestion:))  Yep, I'm gonna change the details right now:)))

Wewt! I think out loud a lot and it confuses the heck out of my husband lol

I want to join this swap but I may have to hold off until the end of the sign up period to get feedback and such. I have one slot left and I'm having a reaaaaaallllyyyy hard time picking. >_<
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sandandsilk.wordpress.com

wists.com/dragoneyezed
Linda P
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008 10:05:33 AM »

I just made my first two this morning.. and they are super easy and fast.  I am tempted to say even 25 would not be a problem!  So maybe someone will want to swap with more than one partner.  They are so small, that it will take a bunch to get anywhere.
I made mine with some wonderful variegated thread.  Reminds me of Neapolitan ice cream! 
Cannot wait for more to join in and partners!
Linda P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Demon from the Dark Book Trailer
Robin Wasserman Talks About Crashed
Alysia Sofios Reveals Her Best Quality
Anna Badkhen Talks About Peace Meals
Kate Morton Talks About The House at Riverton
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...