A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
568 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: GRANNIES DAUGHTERS CROCHET SWAP R1 (CLOSED) Sendout-10/13/08  (Read 13087 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bettflow
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008 11:07:26 AM »

Kookaloo_Starr....y ou've got a point there....hum!

Ok, question!!!!  Would ya'll like it better if we send, say....40 to 2 partners??? 

I should about the postage.  I'm going to edit the details and we'll send 40 to 2 partners rather than 10 to 10 swappers.

Thanks for opening my eyes girl:)))
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bettflow
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008 11:16:08 AM »

Ok folks....details have been edited and NOW we will be sending 40 motifs each to 2 partners, rather than 10 to 10.  This will be much more economical for everyone.  I should have thought about the expense of sending to so many swappers...especial ly internationally.

Thanks Kookaloo_Starr for making me re-think this.  My worst fault is leaping into things without thinking, lol.

Hope this change will encourage more crocheters to sign up:))  Plus the fact that we will have 6 weeks rather than 4 to get our 'daughters' sent out:)) 

Hope ya'll like these changes:)))
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008 04:11:13 PM »

I'll sign up! I have a question, though.

These afghans are BEAUTIFUL when made in all assorted multi-colored motifs, so you might want to consider accepting any colors for your motifs, but feel free to pick and choose which colors you would like to receive.
^^^ taken from the first post

That's right Linda:))  Since we're not doing them in partner's choice of colors, we can get started whenever we want and get them finished early:))

I'm confused. Are we choosing our colors or receiving a variety of colors? Or is the question on the questionnaire just a preference but not a guarantee like in the Granny Square Swap? It doesn't really matter to me, I'm fine with a mulit-colored one, but I'm just curious. I won't be starting on making these until I get a couple other projects done, so it most likely won't be until I get my partner anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
bettflow
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2008 07:02:11 PM »

I got your questionaire and fixing to add you to the list.  SO GLAD YOU'RE JOINING IN THE SWAP!!!

Ok, to answer your question, the partners that send to you should send you colors according to your preference.  I see that you asked for a variety of colors, so they should send you a variety of alot of different colors.  There will probably be duplicates though since we're sending so many.  If someone wants to make their ghan in certain colors they can also ask for a certain color theme.  Grannies daughters ghans are beautiful when made with a large variety though, which is what I am asking for also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008 09:19:16 PM »

Okay. I just wasn't sure since you guys were talking about making them early.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
bettflow
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008 11:27:12 PM »

One thing I forgot to mention, lol.  Seems like I always forget something:((
It's also ok if you want to leave a 6" tail on the outside.  The inside tail needs weaved in or crocheted over, but if you would rather leave the outside tail, that's perfectly fine.  Actually makes it a little bit easier joining them:))
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2008 12:17:14 AM »

Since we're not doing them in partner's choice of colors, we can get started whenever we want and get them finished early:))

I'm confused too! So far it reads that we are AND we aren't sending specific colours  Huh
I was hoping I'd be able to use up my short lengths and oddballs for this & not have to buy more yarn.....so I'm still thinking about it & not signing up yet.

OK...a bit more thinking out loud....how about if we can request a colour family but not specific shades? For example BLUES rather than royal/indigo/navy ?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008 01:02:10 AM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
bettflow
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2008 01:36:44 AM »

Oh yes.....if someone requests certain shades, I can't guarantee that they will get what they ask for.  If you want specific colors, only request blue, red, green, etc.  Not specific shades.  The best thing about 'grannies daughters' is that they're a great project to use up all those little bits a pieces of left over yarn:))

I am encouraging everyone to make an assortment of colors because these little 'daughters' are beautiful made in a large array of colors.  But, if you want to request a certain color group, that will be fine too:))

I'm sorry.....guess I'm making it sound more confusing than it is:((
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2008 02:28:58 AM »

OK  Grin count me in! I'll be sending my Q&A later  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Linda P
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2008 10:04:16 AM »

Glad to have more join us.  I have some small balls of yarn in my Escape, and when I am waiting on the girls, I am doing mine.  They go so fast, that it does not take much time or room, and makes the wait go faster.  I want all colors.. after looking at the photos, they are so pretty when done in a rainbow of colors. 
Linda P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Set Up a Face Painting Booth
Trick Out Your Model Train Layout
How to Make a Plastic Bowl Tambourine
How to Make a Popsicle Stick Harmonica
How to Customize a T-Shirt
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!
Meatless Monday: Marinated Pasta Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...