A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,070
Currently Running With Scissors:
792 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How do I make this Vivi Van Stori outfit?  (Read 4894 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TexasThistle
Innocent until PROVEN guilty

This is complete BS.

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2008 07:48:47 PM »

I am not sure who made this, but it is in the photo below on Vivi Van Stori's pinup art website. I think the outfit is the prettiest thing I have ever seen and I would love ot re-create this. How could I do it?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011 02:57:04 PM by photojenn - Reason: removed broken image » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am open to personal swaps (feedback is untrue)
enchantedwhimsies
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008 07:57:08 PM »

ooh, I dunno about sewing it but i'd love to have a go at it in polymer clay! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AbsurdAnnekuh

The KUH is silent.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008 08:13:44 PM »

It looks as though it is a combination of an underbust corset and an off the shoulder bra, plus a little bustle-esque thing near the hips.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist - http://www.wists.com/AbsurdAnnekuh

I love personal swaps.
TexasThistle

This is complete BS.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008 08:21:38 PM »

ooh, I dunno about sewing it but i'd love to have a go at it in polymer clay! Wink

I would love to see that! I think you would do a great job

It looks as though it is a combination of an underbust corset and an off the shoulder bra, plus a little bustle-esque thing near the hips.

I thought so too, but it appears to have some stretchy lace up front. so I am thinking maybe modifying a bra and attaching it to panties with spandex and lace?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oohmybees
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008 08:23:44 PM »

That is so sexy!!!  If I were going to make it I would probably start out with a premade lace teddy/corset similar to this, without the ruffle and with better quality lace.

to change your image viewing settings please click here
and then redo the straps and add the satin embelishments.  It might even work to start out with a really pretty lace bra and go from there or maybe a start with a black velvet corset and apply the lace and then cut the velvet from underneath.
I guess it depends on your sewing skills, but it looks like there are definately underwires in the cups to support the boobage for those off the shoulder straps.
Good luck, I want to see the finished version.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011 02:57:57 PM by photojenn - Reason: mature image » THIS ROCKS   Logged

digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008 09:14:25 PM »

Tongue would love to see your polymer version, nanner!

I would start with a back-hook black satin underwire corset with built in panty (I think they do or did call them a teddy) - cut the cups to be demi-bra, and top with lace.  Cut out the front panel, sew in the lace panel, and make the wide strap lacing up the front. Make a small black satin bustle in the back The sleeves are wide rectangles loosely draped and gathered.  The bottom is a flirty mini that is gathered up in a sexy cinderella style.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
AbsurdAnnekuh

The KUH is silent.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008 09:26:50 PM »

I don't think that lacing in the front is actual lacing, I think it's just criss crossing fabric that is sewn directly into the seams of the front panel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist - http://www.wists.com/AbsurdAnnekuh

I love personal swaps.
TexasThistle

This is complete BS.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008 09:32:41 PM »

I don't think that lacing in the front is actual lacing, I think it's just criss crossing fabric that is sewn directly into the seams of the front panel.

oh no, I wasnt talking about the black lacing...I am talking about what is underneath.

I would start with a back-hook black satin underwire corset with built in panty (I think they do or did call them a teddy) - cut the cups to be demi-bra, and top with lace.  Cut out the front panel, sew in the lace panel, and make the wide strap lacing up the front. Make a small black satin bustle in the back The sleeves are wide rectangles loosely draped and gathered.  The bottom is a flirty mini that is gathered up in a sexy cinderella style.

I think I will try to Modify a teddy. Sometimes the Goodwill has brand new ones (with the tags, apparently never worn. I got a dior nightie like that once...for 2 bucks) for cheap. I really dont wanna thrift a used teddy (ick). If all else fails I can find an inexpensive one somewhere. I think I wanna stay with the red and black coloring...if it works out, I may experiment with different style variations and colors.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008 09:36:32 PM by VinceNoir » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008 08:45:47 AM »

wow--I love red and black together...there is so much going on with this...the red and black lace is what I like the best...do you have a source for that?

It almost looks like you could use a bathing suit pattern and embellish it with the draping, etc.  I would definitely not use a teddy that has been worn...ick...I hope you make one similar and post it with how you did it...it is gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fashionbold
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008 02:15:06 PM »

sexiest ever!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dorkabrain
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009 01:51:00 AM »

Sorry to bump an old thread, but incase you were still interested, I found  what looks to be the exact article of clothing.
Link possibly NSFW.

http://www.trashy.com/Carmen-Corset.7982-product.htm

hopefully this helps  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009 02:21:56 AM »

Viva always credits the clothes and designers she uses in her photos. Shoot her an email and she may remember who made the clothes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rick Warren Reveals Who He Identifies Most
Susan Cheever Talks About Louisa May Alcott
Joseph A. Califano Jr. Talks About How to Raise a Drug-Free Kid
Eric Puchner Talks About Model Home
Murder, Mayhem and a Fine Man Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...