A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Glitter will spruce up any body parts you have laying around the house.
Total Members: 308,732
Currently Running With Scissors:
571 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My tiny new bedroom (6 foot by 6 foot)!  (Read 3304 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_room  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LiliDesign
Little Miss Magpie

www.lilidesigns.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« on: August 08, 2008 01:11:15 PM »

Ok so I posted here before asking for help to transform a dingy box room into a nice bedroom - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=260311.0.  I've had the big room for 5 years now, and because I'll be living out at university for most of the time it's only fair to let my brother take over.  So now I get the tiny room!
The room was originally dark beige and brown with lots of dark wood.  I wanted to make it look a little bigger (it's just over 6 foot by 6 foot).  My mum is a bit mad at you craftsters for putting ideas in my head - I've never attempted anything DIY before but was convinced I could do it!  With a lot of help from willing, but equally clueless volunteers we managed to strip the wallpaper, re-plaster the walls, paint the walls and strip and paint the woodwork in 4 days.  Here are the results below - now I just need to make it look more personal...I feel some more craft projects coming along!

(not the best pictures because they were taken on my webcam)
Newly laid carpet (thanks Grandad!)

Straight ahead as you come in the door - bookcase with dressing table things on top

View of my bed from the door (only just managed to fit it in!)

Top of the teeny tiny wardrobe

Pimp my headboard - wow I found battery powered fairy lights!

I haven't yet managed to move any of my crafting stuff in, but I'm hoping to get some nice boxes and put it all under the bed.  The next project will be my old room, for my brother.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008 01:12:36 PM by LiliDesign » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The website's up and running, and the grave will be ready soon ~ www.lilidesigns.co.uk ~ Unique Handmade Jewellery Designs
crappiefisher
Crappiefisher

I just eat craftster!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008 02:29:58 PM »

WOW! That IS a tiny room! Great job on laying out the furniture! I wonder if you could mount good shelves on the wall on the other side of the bed. You could put baskets or boxes there for craft storage.
just an idea.

looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't you let nobody tell you that you can't do nothin. You can do whatevah you put your mind to!" - wise words from my Granny when I was 5 years old.
labibliotecaria
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008 02:50:57 PM »

You've done very well with very little space.  And you've kept it simple, but joyful.  Yay for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandybles

I <3 my pooch.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008 07:20:34 PM »

You've done a great job with very little space! And you need to win the Sister of the Year award for not only willingly giving up your old room to your brother but then saying that you're going to make it over for him!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
M Fox
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008 10:31:29 PM »

You could get risers for the bed, that way you'd have more room underneath.
and kudos to you, for voluntarily moving out of the big bedroom so your brother could have it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
curli

bringin' crafty back

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008 12:09:33 PM »

That's great! Good job on making such a tiny space work. I mean, 6 x 6? I know some people who couldn't even lie down straight in that room.

Either way, great job! It looks like you and your team of volunteers can really pull it together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^_^
polaris082411
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008 08:15:18 PM »

come on and hope to see other good job from you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make your home in oritental style!
http://www.discovery5000.com/chanpin.asp
LiliDesign
Little Miss Magpie

www.lilidesigns.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008 10:15:22 AM »

Thanks for your lovely comments everyone!  Luckily I've found a cabinet with lots of draws to put my crafting stuff in the hall just outside my room, so there's plenty of space in my room for all my clothes!!

Curli: Yes, it's lucky I'm short and have a little bed - my boyfriend can't lie down in the room, but he is 1 foot and 2 inches taller than me hehe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The website's up and running, and the grave will be ready soon ~ www.lilidesigns.co.uk ~ Unique Handmade Jewellery Designs
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Is Mirin
What Are Meyer Lemons
What Are Kaiware Sprouts
What Is a Kaffir Lime
What Is Galangal
Latest Blog Articles
I Am Zombie Homer
Beware! Zombunnies!
April 1, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...