A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,501
Currently Running With Scissors:
552 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: duct tape roses  (Read 34721 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

althea
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2005 03:56:38 PM »

could it be that i tape the pieces to tight?? my roses arent that open looking, they all look closed! Urs r great!
Either you're spacing them too tightly, or you aren't using enuff pieces- the large ones I made took 56 pieces.

DelawareWolf:Thanks for the heads-up on the camo tape, maybe I'll try making an Iris instead of a rose out of it.

If you guys make these, please post pics! I love to look at peoples way cool color / style ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are things you can replace, and others you cannot.
The time has come to weigh those things.
This space is getting hot.
Not_I_Said_The_Fly
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2005 04:58:51 PM »

did you know you can get a scolarship for making a ducktape dress/tux for prom?! i'm not sure if i would do that or not yet...but your roses are awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gierma
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2005 03:18:41 AM »

I think these are lovely...

and remeber you don't have to be alone to never recive anything for valenties day. I've been with my BF for 5 years, and I have yet to recieve anything thoughtfull for valentines day. And valentines day is our anniversary as well...I give him something every year to make him feel bad, and then he goes out and get's something ugly or tasteless... that works well for usl Smiley different courses for different horses  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2005 11:12:34 AM »

ahh, how I wish I could afford colored duct tape.. or any duct tape.. but I can't. So this was my attempt

but it mainly just looks like a water lily, and it's real tiny  Undecided kinda cute though ^^
where do you get duct tape, is there anywhere affordable to buy it? and in color? I've only found silver and black in the stores close by.
--
any maybe I should also point out that I'm european, so it's even more bothersome a question Wink
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011 02:43:13 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
althea
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2005 09:58:45 AM »

Melladh-
That's adorable!What did you use? Gee, if you were Stateside, I could tell you tons of places to get duct tape...any craft stores in your area? Maybe some of ther overseas Craftsters here will chime in...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are things you can replace, and others you cannot.
The time has come to weigh those things.
This space is getting hot.
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2005 11:43:15 AM »

Thank you! Smiley I used something listed in the catalogues here as "PVC-tape", it's a markup for electrical wires really. You know, "this one is +, this one is -, this one is ground.." Rather thin, and very plastic. It cost about $1.50 per roll of above 10 yards. I worked it around a wooden bbq-scewer. Smiley

There are craftstores, but there aren't many good CRAFT-craft-stores. There's one place called Kreatima, but they've only got paint and art-stuff really, and there's Panduro who are mainly about stuff that's almost finished and you just put it together. They've got some good stuff, but nothing real craftsy for creative things like duct tape or rubber foam or anything, more small packages of mosaic stuff for a fortune, or tiny forks meant for a dollshouse which they market as card-decorations. There are the hardware stores and the woodyards which don't just supply hardware and wood, but they don't have colorful stuff, only practical. Mostly you'd have to find either stage suppliers (only in bulk) or some tiny store in the middle of nowhere importing from the states. And it can be difficult. :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
yamwam
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2005 06:41:56 PM »

i LOVE these!
i'm going to try to make one this weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wists
DearKate
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2005 06:30:27 PM »

I remember making those!  I made one for my *cough* ex *cough* boyfriend.  He put it on his guitar!

And then he broke the guitar...um... Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Keep your bed warm, keep your humor, keep your proverbs short and sweet"
---Sujfan Stevens
I Hot Glued My....!
What will they craft up next!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2005 10:47:29 AM »

I remember making those! I made one for my *cough* ex *cough* boyfriend. He put it on his guitar!

And then he broke the guitar...um... Undecided

Ur *cough* ex *cough* boyfriend *clears throat* is an @$$HOLE!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

allisonq
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2005 11:42:31 PM »

Cheesy how awesome.
here's my contribution:

I'd initally stuck 'em on a stem, but since I'm soo picky, and it looked kind of weird to me, so I took it out. then I got this idea to just put leaves, big ones, at the base of the rose. Buuut, that didn't turn out too nicely. So I ripped the duct tape off the wire I used as a frame for the leaves, and got this wonderful idea that maybe I could just leave it like that, wrapping the wire, of course, so I could tie it to different stuffs.

I showed it off to my friends, and one of them took it and made a ring out of it, and voila! We've got duct tape rose engagement rings. Wink She proposed to another of my friends, who wanted a ring for herself too, so I made another one today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Redbook’s Red Hot Holiday Gift Ideas
Holiday Looks to Make the Season Bright
Lili Göksenin Models Jeans of the Week
Mixing and Matching Vintage Items
Jessica Hart Poses in Bikinis After Her Fake VS Firing!
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...