A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Heart bag that almost gave me a heart attack and one to sort of make up for it!  (Read 995 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TiggerPaws
« on: August 07, 2008 10:23:09 PM »

Hi all!

I thought the heart bag was going to kill me! I was so frustrated with this darn purse! I was just "winging" it and it sure taught me a lesson! The lining was super slippery and didn't fit worth a darn and I used way to stiff interfacing!! I also remembered that it might be easier to lay the pattern piece (made out of a paper grocery bag) on a fold...that way the sides would be symetrical. Unfortunately this was after I had already cut the first side! Sigh...this is a learning process!

So, I decided to put together the other little green/tan bag. The top part is hunter green velvet and the lining is brown. My stitching around the top is far from perfect, but I was much happier with this one than the heart bag! I also installed my first magnetic snap closure in the green/tan bag. I so need to branch out and add pockets!!

To help me with my sewing skills, I picked up a 2 hour pattern to make pajama bottoms for my hubby!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterlite
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008 10:44:19 PM »

I like that silky shiney purse. Reminds me of PJs. Sorry it gave you such a ruff time! But its all worth it in the end cuz it looks great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TiggerPaws
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008 10:48:38 PM »

Thank you...you gave me a great idea for the rest of the material!! I have quite a bit of it left and now I'm gonna have to make me some jammie bottoms out of it!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tiel
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008 04:09:17 AM »

I love that heart fabric.  I'm where you were right now with a purse.  Made several purses last year with a pattern and now I can't figure it out again.  I used stiff interfacing and it turned one purse into a nightmare.  It got to the point I was going to throw it in the recycle box.  LOL!!! 

The purse I'm working on now is so simple that I can not figure it out again.  Make it simple to do and it will take me forever.  Give me hard and BOOM its together quickly.

I love making PJ's.  My family is always asking for them for BD's and Christmas.  Lucky me.  Good thought.  Bought the pattern and I have made about 40 pairs of PJ's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not the brightest crayon in the box.
AlexisMomOf3
Canadian Craftin' Momma

Sew Sew Sew!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008 06:22:24 AM »

The bag turned out great!! I hate using them slippery fabrics so I have vowed to stay away from them since they make me mad lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mother to 4 beautiful crazy children that loves to sew, make bows and photography.

www.thecanadiancrafters.com
tigrisgalaxy

"It's on the internet...no stopping it now."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008 06:37:34 AM »

I know what you mean about slippery fabrics. I love the fabric for the second purse....super cute  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dear You,
      If I stepped into your shoes for 1 day, would the grass really be greener on the other side? What would I see through your eyes for 1 day? Send entry to: dearyou4mee@gmail.com. Sign with first name, city and state/country.
Me
cindygert
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008 07:33:02 AM »

What interfacing did you use?  I have never heard of one that is too stiff. (I swear every time I refer to interfacing there could be some kind of underlying inuendo there Wink.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cindygert.com
www.cindygert.etsy.com

Please become a fan of cindygert on my Face Book page.
http://www.facebook.com/cindygert?ref=nf
TiggerPaws
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008 09:33:55 AM »

I used Pellon Craft and Home. The very first purse I made was a little Sha Sha Dream bag and I had used a lighter interfacing. I didn't think I was using the right type, so I went with my mom to Wal-Mart and found the Pellon. It was much stiffer, so I thought I was on the right track...not so sure any more!!

What interfacing did you use?  I have never heard of one that is too stiff. (I swear every time I refer to interfacing there could be some kind of underlying inuendo there Wink.)
LOL...I hear you on that one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sneak Peek: Birchbox February 2014
6 Makeup Tricks Perfect for Date Night
How to Get a Killer Cat Eye
The Right Way to Apply and Wear Red Lipstick
Tips For Avoiding Dry Winter Skin
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...