A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,577
Currently Running With Scissors:
718 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Broken Art-What should I do???  (Read 4307 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

olive_juice
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008 10:01:41 AM »

How about...Finish it as suggested, break it in smaller pieces as suggested, put a nice thick gloss finish on the pieces, and do a mosaic piece - no one ever said you can't grout foam board! Just arrange the chunks on a board, glue, and grout - THEN frame it!

I like that, too! If you polycrylic-ed the heck out of it, you could even use it as a tabletop!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They sicken of the calm, who know the storm" -Dorothy Parker

wists.com/Olive_Juice

greenergrasses.etsy.com
M Fox
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008 10:04:00 PM »

How about...Finish it as suggested, break it in smaller pieces as suggested, put a nice thick gloss finish on the pieces, and do a mosaic piece - no one ever said you can't grout foam board! Just arrange the chunks on a board, glue, and grout - THEN frame it!

I like that, too! If you polycrylic-ed the heck out of it, you could even use it as a tabletop!
Oooo!  I like that one, and actually you could skip the grout part, just have a recess in your tabletop and pour in the resin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

I've kissed alot of frogs - only found 1 prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008 10:09:08 PM »

I would finish the piece then rip it in other places and then mount it to uncut mat board and turn it into a piece of altered art (I didn't read anyone else's suggestions so someone else may have already suggested this)  it's absolutely beautiful and should become something amazing.  There is no such thing as an accident or error just an opportunity for exploring your creativity in an avenue that you didn't expect. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is what you make it - make it art & make it beautiful
lindsycarranza

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008 10:20:40 PM »

Wow thanks everyone! I kinda of like that idea...finishing it and then breaking in into smaller pieces and making a mosaic out of it. It could be cool especially with my technique. I've been told that this piece reminds someone of stained glass so a mosaic could all to that. Well I do think that I will finish it...I haven't totally decided what I will do after that Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
JillBoBill
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008 03:27:59 PM »

If I'm not mistaken -- this sounds a lot like Multimedia art board (which is a synthetic resin mixed with alpha cellulose.... or something). Anyways, I've seen this stuff stitched - literally - on a sewing machine, chopped, sawed, burnt, glued. Everything. This stuff is a tank and outside of being snap-instead-of-bend-able, it's really quite awesome.

It really is a shame that it snapped like that, but all isn't lost. There's still loads you could do with it, I think. I like the idea of the ACEO's -- you could also use what's left of it to make greeting cards or something.... something so you feel like all isn't lost and it turned out handy after all. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010 09:43:07 AM »

So after several more years this is what I ended up doing
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=364007.0

LOL! Well at least now its "done"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
GarSeeYa
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010 09:10:33 PM »

Hey...

If you've already done the fix on Photoshop at a fair resolution, print it on to watercolor paper
and finish the piece with pencil crayon or the original media.

I'd like to see the solution you came to for this work.

GarSeeYa!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010 03:49:42 PM »

Thank you. I never scanned it and now it's this...

So after several more years this is what I ended up doing
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=364007.0

LOL! Well at least now its "done"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

prettysoldier77

Dayman, aa-Aaahhhh!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011 11:37:36 AM »

Frame the two pieces. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=343403.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011 10:45:57 PM »

Thank you, but it's already done I cropped it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Caramel Apple Sundae in an Apple Bowl
Glamorous Gingerbread Cupcakes for the Holidays
How to Make Jamaretti Cookies
How to Make Wine-Poached Pears
How to Make a Chocolate Block
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...