A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,086
Currently Running With Scissors:
732 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Black Apple Doll Swap??  (Read 7295 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mamarose22
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2008 01:41:47 PM »

I happen to like Poppets.  I didn't realize how much work is involved with making them, and I am not up to that.  However, I do think the Black Apple dolls are very cute and it is a lot easier to make.  Especially since the hair is just a felt wig.  That's what makes it so easy. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.wists.com/mamarose22
Dinosaurus Meg

I wish I was a wolpertinger.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2008 02:07:11 PM »

I am so glad I am not alone in my aversion Tongue No offense to anyone who likes them, of course.

As for these Apple Children, I'm getting giddy. I am also very willing to co-organize if no one else can.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hey Fiber People: I am very interested in personal swaps for painted/dyed roving or top. I can swap supplies or crafted items. Let's talk!

Every body wants a rock to wind a piece of string around.
mamaedgar
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2008 06:57:22 PM »

thanks dinosaur meg and loves2experiment for the co-organizing offers!  i'll let you know when it comes time to organize.  i'm a bit nervous actually.  i've only ever organized a small swap before, this one is getting a bit intimidating!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MacesMeMe

My Bully the DoofyDoo

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2008 08:58:12 AM »

This was just on Martha this morning. I think I am liking them more and more every time I see them, can't wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my kids reupholstered recliner
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=314248.0
Dinosaurus Meg

I wish I was a wolpertinger.

« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2008 09:49:38 PM »

This was just on Martha this morning. I think I am liking them more and more every time I see them, can't wait!

I totally know what you mean, I have some black apple stuff on my wists from last year Tongue I love her stuff and making our own couldn't get better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hey Fiber People: I am very interested in personal swaps for painted/dyed roving or top. I can swap supplies or crafted items. Let's talk!

Every body wants a rock to wind a piece of string around.
pino_i
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2008 09:59:00 PM »

What a coincidence. I just saw the re-run on the Martha Stewart Show and guess what was there.....The Black Apple doll and i fell in love. I would definately do this swap. Oh i can't wait. Please Please Please start this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mamarose22
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2008 08:51:13 AM »

I would like this swap, but please, please hold off for a while. 
I'm currently in 5 swaps, and I will need feedback from at least one to give me a slot for this.  I already sent out 2 of them; one had to be shipped by 8/30 and one by 9/2, and both were received 7-10 days ago..  It might take a while before feedback is given. Some organizers won't give feedback until both partners receive and I haven't received mine from either swap yet. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2008 11:02:13 AM »

I would like this swap, but please, please hold off for a while. 
I'm currently in 5 swaps, and I will need feedback from at least one to give me a slot for this.  I already sent out 2 of them; one had to be shipped by 8/30 and one by 9/2, and both were received 7-10 days ago..  It might take a while before feedback is given. Some organizers won't give feedback until both partners receive and I haven't received mine from either swap yet. 

I took a peek at your swap profile, and it looks like you only have 4 "In Progress" for your swap status!  Does that mean that one of your swap organizers have left you feedback? Smiley  If so, you're good to go, no?

I can't wait for this swap to start Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
christinacoghill

My biggest fans!

« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2008 11:51:50 AM »

I would also love to join in this swap.  I think old fashioned dolls are very cute.  I also like poppets, but I don't think I could ever sew one! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mamarose22
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2008 01:26:44 PM »

Lovestoexperiment, thanks for letting me know about my swaps.  Somehow, I didn't get notice of the gallery pictures of my swap, and wasn't even aware that they were posted.  MaRut is a fantastic organizer: completely on top of things.  She gave me immediate feedback.  In one of my other swaps, the organizer didn't give feedback until both partners received.
You are right, now I will be able to do this one.  However I'm getting a little nervous about this.  I just saw someone else's  Black Doll and it was terrific.  I hope I can do nearly as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sofia Vergara to Release Fragrance
How to Prevent Nail Damage from Gel Manicures
Watch GLAM4GOOD Pamper Mom on a Mission to End Childhood Cancer
Makeup Tips from the Lash Lounge
Skincare Tips from Dermatologist Debra Jaliman, MD.
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...