A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,347
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: let the madness begin...  (Read 4257 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beehart
« on: August 07, 2008 06:16:56 PM »

...so i just got engaged and need to start planning pronto.  it's not until fall of next year ( i just put a random date on the tester card because we can't book anything til my momma visits with the checkbook Smiley ), but my family is helping me plan from all sides of the country so we need to get organized right away.  plus, in january i'll be (hopefully) starting grad school so i won't have nearly the amount of *spare* time i do now.  now to the whole point of my post:

so i was toying around with some save the date designs and wanted to get opinions.  i literally did this in about twenty minutes because i didn't know what else to do.  i am printing them out and mounting them on coordinating card stock then sending them as postcards.  i want to keep everything simple but i don't want it boring.  i only have photoshop for free for 30 more days so i really need to get crackin!  let me know what you think...

« Last Edit: August 07, 2008 06:33:38 PM by beehart » THIS ROCKS   Logged

thelotetree

Domestic Revolutionary

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008 06:25:25 PM »

I love sunflowers... and that is my son's b-day so great choice!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade with love, botanical bath and body www.thelotetree.etsy.com or www.thelotetree.com
CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008 07:28:40 PM »

maybe try a different font. try looking at dafont.com. they have really neat ones that you can download!

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
julsies
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008 06:57:40 AM »

"artweaver" is similar to photoshop and is a free download, in case you don't get to it within the 30 day free trial period, or in case you have more you'd like to do after you lose photoshop.

Will you have a theme? Will the sunflowers be incorporated in the wedding? I would try and have the save the date have something to do with your plan for the wedding overall.

A photo of the 2 of you? A photo of a favorite place you've been together, or where you will be honeymooning?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beehart
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008 07:07:31 AM »

"artweaver" is similar to photoshop and is a free download, in case you don't get to it within the 30 day free trial period, or in case you have more you'd like to do after you lose photoshop.

Will you have a theme? Will the sunflowers be incorporated in the wedding? I would try and have the save the date have something to do with your plan for the wedding overall.

A photo of the 2 of you? A photo of a favorite place you've been together, or where you will be honeymooning?

it's an outdoor wedding in front of a field of wildflowers and we're using lots and lots of sunflowers to decorate.  i was trying to avoid using a picture because i've had a very difficult year and it shows physically and i don't want to *shock* any family members.  i'll check out the artweaver program, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

julsies
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008 11:44:58 AM »

in that case, I think the sunflower would be a really nice idea. Maybe some sort of background though, to spice it up a bit?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Synne

mack. cute but feisty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008 03:21:50 PM »

I like the style of the date, but I'd agree on the suggestion for a different font for the rest of the text--it's papyrus, right? What color will the cardstock be?
I use Serif PhotoPlus which is also a free similar-to-photoshop program.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knit vs. Crochet - my crafty self: http://crochety.blogspot.com/
wist and swap info
mack. where my love of craft and love of food collide: http://mack.etsy.com
Marmish

Quincy the Pug

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008 03:32:22 PM »

Gimp is another option, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beehart
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008 04:07:15 PM »

I like the style of the date, but I'd agree on the suggestion for a different font for the rest of the text--it's papyrus, right? What color will the cardstock be?
I use Serif PhotoPlus which is also a free similar-to-photoshop program.

i think it's paprys.  the cardstock would be either green, yellow or navy (our colors)..i need to figure out how to incorporate some navy into that and not so much brown (i'm trying to avoid brown...not easy for fall!)

i'll look into serif photoplus..thanks for the tip!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beehart
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008 04:08:16 PM »

Gimp is another option, too.

for some reason gimp isn't working on my mac.  we've tried everything and my comp just rejects it..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Braid Extensions
How to French Braid Fringes
How to Do UpDo Hairstyles
How to Make Dreadlocks with Short Hair
How to Make Dreadlocks
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...