A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
736 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How much should I sell these for and other questions  (Read 880 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lolitaneko

*Dir en grey love*

View Profile WWW
« on: August 07, 2008 02:29:04 PM »

Hi!  This is my first time posting in this part of craftster and I hope I'm doing this right.  xD;

I'm going to be sharing a table with a friend at a 1 day mini anime convention in less than a month selling accessories and some clothing.  She'll be selling some crafts as well, but I believe she'll be mainly doing art and such...

Anyway, I'm going off topic!  I just made these really cute pins/brooches and they came out pretty good - good enough to add to my inventory to sell.  I don't know how to price them, though.  I was thinking $1.50 and maybe 2.50 for bigger ones but they also take about hour to make and they require a lot of hand work... I might even be making more detailed ones with faces of anime charatures on them.  I know you guys are crafters as well so you could give a big eye-sight into pricing handmade stuff better than my non-crafty friends (not saying they aren't any help, though!!).  I don't want to cheapen my worth, if you know what I mean, but I also want to keep the price reasonable for a convention where younger teenagers with not that much cash will be.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb266/oohsupercilious/400.jpg

As well as this, I was also thinking about using this idea for tagging my items. http://kickass-peanut.deviantart.com/art/Taggie-Tutorial-84261853
I'm going for the cute look, since our studio name is 'Cute Fruit' and I personally specialize in cute/kawaii and loli-able things.  Do you think this is a good idea?  If I have the free time I might use this to whip up a few for business cards as well as for tagging my items.  I wanna get my name out there, you know! xD

Thanks for your time! <3
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012 01:49:20 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working image(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008 06:12:21 PM »

When you're talking about an 8-hour day just to bring in a whopping $14, that's pretty harsh. I can understand the teens-with-no-money thing, but you don't have to become a slave. I would get the glue gun out and save myself some stitching, and some fabric paint to save even more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lolitaneko

*Dir en grey love*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008 07:17:09 PM »

Ehhh... I don't mind doing the work and I really do like the stitched look.  I do plan on simplifying my other designs slightly, though.  What I mainly wanted to know though was what would be a good price for a situation like this, or rather just in general.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenney
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008 01:13:37 PM »

Hmm, i have this problem too sometimes...they are enjoyable things to make but you dont want them to cost a ton of money.  I would say between $3-$5 depending on size.  Your material will certanly be covered by this and they seem quite small and easier and faster to make the more you do (right?) Ithink that sounds pretty fair for handmade cuteness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lolitaneko

*Dir en grey love*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008 11:09:32 AM »

Thanks.  ^^  I was thinking those prices as well.  I am getting quicker with making them, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

de.la.dia
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008 07:31:40 AM »

I would try selling them in sets or something. Like 3 for $7 or some odd number like that. I would think that the teenagers would be less likely to break that down into individual prices in their head, and they would think they are getting more for their money. Not to offend any teenagers or anything, that's just usually how the people at my anime club are.

PS, those are way cute! And I agree, the stitching gives it an extra special touch. ^_^
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008 07:32:29 AM by de.la.dia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm game for a personal swap!

wisty wisty wists
lolitaneko

*Dir en grey love*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008 12:00:04 PM »

The '3 for x' idea is pretty good!  I was also thinking about making hair pieces like this so I could sell matching hair pieces and these together as a set.  I could even just let them pick out their own 3 and give them a small discount...

I know I don't really break it down myself when I'm at conventions buying stuff.  Especially if I'm hardcore fangirl'ing over it.  xD

Thanks! :3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Josh Frank
Michael Meyer Talks About The Year That Changed The World
Roberta Gately Talks About Lipstick in Afghanistan
Brenda Blethyn Talks About Mixed Fancies
David Alan Grier Talks About Barack Like Me
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...