A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: sacramento area  (Read 13459 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

OldQlts
shop with me on ebay!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 11, 2004 02:06:00 PM »

sacramento   sacramento   sacramento   sacramento   sacramento
hi! is there anyone here in the sacramento area? i'm especially interested in meeting folks interested in "folkart" (i.e., early american and colonial influenced art) in particular ... but i'm usually up for a cuppa something with any artist!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PrairiePrimitives is my eBay ID. I tried to put a link here, but it didn't work. Sad
mintchipstick

hello craftsters

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004 07:51:28 PM »

well hello fellow craft friend,
i am indeed located in the sacramento area, fair oaks actually!
kasey and nick
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaseyloo
sprung
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004 06:11:26 PM »

I'm in the area.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Testerosa
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004 05:03:21 AM »

Hi,

I am in Chico, but that really isn't a far drive to Sacramento.  My friend and I both are avid crafters and love all kinds of art forms.  Hope to hear more from you!

~T~
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OldQlts
shop with me on ebay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2004 06:40:05 AM »

so what would all of you sacramento folks like to do? i'm happy to leave the planning to someone else ...

i just had a get-together with another group fall apart ... or rather, it has dwindled down to 2 people (just me & one other person), so i've just written her to see if she's still wanting to go/meet. our destination would be the dandelion festival in jackson tomorrow (sunday 3/21), if anyone is interested in going. but i'm not sure yet if i'm still going ... it depends on what this last person says!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PrairiePrimitives is my eBay ID. I tried to put a link here, but it didn't work. Sad
halfjapanezegrl
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004 09:04:05 PM »

Not to shamelessly promote or anything, but I'm a student at Davis and work for the Craft Center...  We've got tons of cool classes and labs with lots of different art and craft mediums.  We rely heavily upon awesome volunteers (that's how I started out) who work 5 hours a week for one 10 week quarter in exchange for half off classes and free use of the facility.  Volunteering is a great way to meet like-minded crafty people in the area... as are the classes (most classes have around 8 students and an instructor so you can get to know people pretty well).  
All the info can be found at: http://campusrecreation.ucdavis.edu/craftcenter/index.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIY of all kinds.

My blog: http://www.atxdiy.com
craftygrrl
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004 07:21:24 PM »

I'm in the Sac area, Rancho Cordova to be exact! I would love to be able to share ideas and projects with locals. I need to get in some more crafting time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
openyoureyes

Its days like these...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2004 09:01:34 PM »

i wouldnt mind someone to do projects with or exchange local places to go. Im in the Antelope/Roseville ish area.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

one foot in front of the other.

one foot back to counter it.
OldQlts
shop with me on ebay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2004 12:24:14 AM »

hi half, i'm kinda behind in checking on some of the posts here, sorry about that! this sounds interesting, but i'm about as far away from davis as one can get (sunrise mall area). still, i'm going to look at the web site for your group and see what you've got ... thanks for the lead, i wasn't familiar with it!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

OldQlts
shop with me on ebay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2004 12:33:16 AM »

i don't know how many of you locals are keeping an eye on this topic ... anyway ... i'm near sunrise mall, and am able to travel a reasonable distance to meet folks, but it seems like quite a few of y'all are in this general area (rancho, fair oaks, antelope) ...

so where & when should we meet? or do y'all just want me to set something up? tentatively ... maybe next weekend? april 24 or 25? would saturday or sunday be better for you? brunch? afternoon? or Huh then there's the "where" ... krispy kreme is easy to find, but i'm certainly open to suggestions ... so suggest! :-)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Flatten Hair
How to Achieve Hair Volume
Sugar Moisturizer for Your Hair
How to Make Your Hair Shine
Hair Color Products Recommendations
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...