A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 301,534
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Polka Dot goodness  (Read 1680 times)
Tags for this thread: pet_collar  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lady4feet
« on: August 07, 2008 11:11:17 AM »

My wonderful dog decided to eat her brand new "adult" collar, well not all of it just the plastic clasp. Luckily I had an old clasp in my stash. I was just going to fix the collar but after seeing at least 3 dogs a week with that collar at work I decided Sushi needed a custom one.

Sushi with her pretty polka dot goodness, she's pouting we had to come inside cause it started to rain.

Some what layed flat, Sushi decided flat wasn't a good way for a her collar to be I guess.

Now I want to make my other babies some cute collars, need to go find some more clasps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jammin kitty
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008 11:31:36 AM »

Love these polka dots!!  You inspire me to try to make some for my princess girls.  Is yours a Dobie?  Oh, how I miss my Dobie!!!!   Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leilani79
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008 11:41:20 AM »

I don't know what I like more - the dog or the collar!
Both are so super-cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living.
- Terry Pratchett
katcal

Callie the Reindeer!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008 11:50:52 AM »

Ah so cute  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandybles

I <3 my pooch.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008 05:42:12 PM »

So cute! I love polka dots... and red dobies! What kind of material did you use to make the collar? I just rescued a pup that I'm now fostering, and the collar I got her (which happens to be polka dot too!) is fraying already!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008 07:24:38 AM »

Thanks guys!

Love these polka dots!!  You inspire me to try to make some for my princess girls.  Is yours a Dobie?  Oh, how I miss my Dobie!!!!   Cry

Yup sure is, she's 10 months old and hyper as no other. They're really easy to make you should make your babies some.

So cute! I love polka dots... and red dobies! What kind of material did you use to make the collar? I just rescued a pup that I'm now fostering, and the collar I got her (which happens to be polka dot too!) is fraying already!

Actually she's a blue dobie, the pictures don't show her colour very well. I just used regular cotton fabric. I cut the fabric strip double the width I needed and interfaced it so when I folded it up into the correct size it ended up being about 4 layers of fabric and interfacing for more stability. I've always wanted to do fostering but my Hubby told be no cause he didn't want to deal with me being upset everytime they moved, so instead we ended up with three of our own he should've listened to me lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandybles

I <3 my pooch.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008 12:41:04 PM »

Actually she's a blue dobie, the pictures don't show her colour very well. I just used regular cotton fabric. I cut the fabric strip double the width I needed and interfaced it so when I folded it up into the correct size it ended up being about 4 layers of fabric and interfacing for more stability. I've always wanted to do fostering but my Hubby told be no cause he didn't want to deal with me being upset everytime they moved, so instead we ended up with three of our own he should've listened to me lol.

A friend of mine just got a rescued blue dobie! He used to have a red one. They're super sweet dogs! And INTERFACING! It's all so clear now, haha! I think I might have to attempt it if I can't find her a home before this collar meets its demise. I've wanted to foster since some friends of mine did it (a whole litter of 4... plus their own three dogs!) but this was kind of impromptu. My boyfriend and I found her on a man's land where we were fishing on vacation in his hometown, and the shelters there are sub-par, so she came back with me! It's fun but think I'll wait to do it again until I'm living somewhere other than a small apartment without a fenced yard.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blue_concubine

One singular sensation.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008 05:56:27 AM »

Cute and clever.  I would have never thought of interfacing to give it stability.  Very smart.
Your dog is a cute sweetie too.  Beautiful.  Dobbie's have a bad rep to some, but every one I have ever met were of the sweetest and most loving dogs on the planet.  Dogs rock anyway. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The cure for boredom is curiosity.  There is no cure for curiosity"
lila blue
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008 01:40:49 AM »

What a gorgeous shiny coat she has! And the collar is too cute.

I am so wary of dobies, we used to live next to the Child-Eating-Monster-From-Hell when I was little.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008 07:04:52 PM »

What a gorgeous shiny coat she has! And the collar is too cute.

I am so wary of dobies, we used to live next to the Child-Eating-Monster-From-Hell when I was little.  Sad

Oh no! You should go find a sweet one, they'll change your mind real quick  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Basic Two-Point Perspective
How to Draw a Face
How to Draw People in Motion
How to Become a Professional Artist
How to Market Artwork
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...