A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,604
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Announcement cards  (Read 840 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AromaRageST
« on: August 07, 2008 07:33:40 AM »

I just got engaged and would really like some engagement announcement cards or something to send to family members. All the ones I have found so far are save the date cards and as I dont plan on getting married for a few years thats not really suitable. Does anyone know of any places I can get some? I designs/ideas/wording for me to make my own?

Thanks, Zoe x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

julsies
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008 07:01:51 AM »

something simple like this

http://www.scrapits.com/engagement-announcement-1.jpg

or an engagement party, that would be my choice!

this site was interesting though, http://weddings.about.com/od/gettingstarted/a/announceengage.htm
suggesting against formal mailed announcements, as it will make you consider your invitation list very early!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
BoxOfRocks
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008 02:17:28 PM »

this site was interesting though, http://weddings.about.com/od/gettingstarted/a/announceengage.htm
suggesting against formal mailed announcements, as it will make you consider your invitation list very early!!

I agree.  Might want to just spread through word of mouth before creating the perception that you're locking down on your guest list already.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yardstix
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008 08:22:24 PM »

Hi Zoe,
This might help you.  My fiance and I (well, it was my idea and he's the photo savvy one) went pretty ghetto with our engagement party invite.

I can only send you the link - sorry! http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=162591&ppuser=2838

1. I drew it in a sketch book
2. Fiance threw the book in a hedge outside his work and snapped picture
3. We sent it by email to the tech-savvy types and printed it as photos for the elderlies and internets-allergic types.

Now we have the rather heavy burden of organising a wedding in April-May, which is Autumn/fall down here in NZ!!!

Cheers
Yadana

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Synne

mack. cute but feisty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008 05:43:43 PM »

I think a lot of the Save The Date card designs/ideas could be easily adapted to serve as engagement announcements if you do in fact want to send them out. Just replace "Save the date" with "We're Engaged" or something of that sort and voila!
Yardstix, I love your invite--so pretty and personal! You've got fabulous penmanship!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knit vs. Crochet - my crafty self: http://crochety.blogspot.com/
wist and swap info
mack. where my love of craft and love of food collide: http://mack.etsy.com
yardstix
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008 12:06:49 AM »

Thanx Synne!!!

Zoe, I think it's totally fine to say announce your engagement and leave it at that. Maybe you should have a photo of you and fiance, lay some text over it in photoshop or simply take a photo of your own collage/scrapbook improvements of a photo. Then you can send it as far and wide as you like.

Bear in mind, though, that no one else will let you have alone, because everyone will want to know when the wedding is.

BTW engagement parties are pretty fun and stress-free. It also gives over-excited friends and relatives an opportunity to celebrate with you, which is what these life events are all about.

Yardstix
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AromaRageST
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008 01:34:51 PM »

Thankyou all for the replies. We don't really want to have a party because I'm ill at the moment and waiting for surgery so its not suitable. The cards are mainly to send to relatives that live in scotland,france and USA, We arnt worried about it setting our guest list early as they are close relatives and would be invited without question.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008 03:06:25 PM »

We sent a photo of us, and mounted on the back was a small square that gave a brief synopsis of how we got engaged and then let people know that we were planning for sometimes in 2007, here in oregon. So a heads up, but not a save-the-date. And we sent them at christmas so I tucked them in cards I made that were stamped with snowmen holding hands.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photographing Big Cats
High Resolution Photography Part 1
Bowens Lighting
Printing Photographs
How to Buy a Bridge Camera
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...